ClubAdventist is back!

Ernie Knoll's Dreams -- Comfort from Christ Himself?

David-Kingsley

How can our more traditional members buy into this stuff? THAT is scary to me. If those who are the most conservative fall for it, what chance do I have? I am not a theologian and not the most informed about spiritual things.

One doesn't have to know all Truth to be acquainted with Jesus, though the better we know Jesus the more confidence we will have.

While I wouldn't want to modify the calling of the Holy Spirit in His desire to draw you closer in your own recognition of the need for Jesus presence, Gail, I've always been impressed with your posts as speaking with an undertone of Jesus' love for whoever you were addressing.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."John 17:3 KJV

"And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;"

Philippians 1:9 KJV

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:2 NIV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• David-Kingsley

• fccool

• LifeHiscost

We sit down and he

explains that it is now time that we “who are they” correct our diets. We have a great

work ahead of us and the things that we have been fueling ourselves with will prohibit

the Holy Spirit’s work. We are to stop eating any living thing which God created that

flies, walks, or swims.

"So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?” And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man."Mark 7:18-20 NKJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted By: fccool
John,

The reason is that Sabbath is not more important than salvation

True! However accepting a day to worship contrary to the day the Creator said to remember, is to accept worship of the enemy as just as important as worship of the Creator, which is idolatry and bowing down to another than Jehovah Himself, as god.

"“You shall have no other gods before Me." Exodus 20:3 NKJV

After all, no Christian who believes in living a moral life, believes it's alright to do the opposite of a commandment.

Such as, it's alright to commit adultery, it's alright to covet your neighbors wife, or surely his goods. It's alright to have another god, it's alright to steal if you need it bad enough. It's alright to dishonor your parents, or to murder if you feel like it, or at least if you can't help yourself.

Would you say that if a person accepts those behaviors, he/she

at least puts his/her salvation in jeopardy? For instance if one followed that lifestyle, wouldn't it be difficult to keep oneself confident in the Lord's promises as we experienced the abuse brought on by a life of choices out of control?

And thus___

"For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."James 2:10 NIV

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap."

Galatians 6:7 NASB

Regards! peace

Lifehost, salvation is an issue of PROGRESSIVE TRUST. Different believers accept different issues progressively as prompted by the Holy Spirit.

Please don't draw the conclusions of who is and who is not saved based on your own understanding. This issue is for God and person to settle.

You quoted James 2:10, and it appears to me that breaking the Sabbath is and lying is in the same category... as well as not loving God and having no other "gods" before Him.

I don't understand salvation experience to be sinless perfection. Far from it... neither I don't expect all Christians to just understand and accept the truth in a manner that you or I explain it to be.

Truth is multidimensional and progressive. There's always more to know. Yet, to know who is saved and who is not is for God and God alone at this point of time.

I think as Adventists we mistake rejection of the Sabbath and equate is as rejection of God. I don't quite see it that way. There are plenty of faithful believers who don't have enough honest conviction to see that as truth. IN FACT this was the case for greater part of past two millenniums.

I'd say that historically, since the death of Christ, overwhelming majority of all of the believers worldwide were Sunday keepers. What you are saying that the salvation experience of these people is questionable because of that? Do we have such a narrow view of God?

Sure, there may come time when we are tested as far a our faithfulness, and that test MAY be the observance of a day. BUT until that day comes, I would be careful drawing conclusions about the issues of salvation.

There are sins that we would only be able to overcome in death. Until then... we should be humbly asking for forgiveness and a change of heart (mind).