• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Dr. Shane

• Bravus

• Neil D

According to the article-

Another $5,000 was spent at Atelier, a classy men's boutique, suggesting that Ms Palin's husband Todd, jocularly known in Alaska as the First Dude, may also have come in for some sprucing up.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

Yep, I wonder where all the penny-pincher Republican neocons are now that were so outraged by John Edwards' expensive haircut?

$150,000 for the Palin family wardrobe - 3X the average American taxpayer's annual household income! That should play real well with the Joe the Plummers, Joe Sixpacks, etc.

(And Shane, it's not just how you raise money that's important, it's also very important how you spend it!)

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Ya and what about the $25-50,000 Palin spent on taking her kids with her to events all over the place, most of which they were not expecting her kids, and charged it to the state? That isn't legitimate "business" expense.

(And Shane, it's not just how you raise money that's important, it's also very important how you spend it!)

Packaging has a lot to do with selling a product. I believe these items were purchased by the RNC - not the McCain campaign. "It was always the intent that the clothing go to a charitable purpose after the campaign." I suspect they can auction the clothing off for more than they purchased it for and do a lot of good with the money.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Yes. You are right Shane. It should be seen as an appreciable investment of money.

The fact that Sarah wore it ... increases the value.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Not specifically aimed at Redwood, although he is the most vocal proponent here... but does anyone else find the obviousness and fervor of right wing males' drolling lust for the person of the VP candidate from Alaska vaguely nauseating?

Truth is important

Not specifically aimed at Redwood, although he is the most vocal proponent here... but does anyone else find the obviousness and fervor of right wing males' drolling lust for the person of the VP candidate from Alaska vaguely nauseating?

I resent the wording of this. But to answer your question ... I do not find the enthusiasm for Sarah at all nauseating. I find it refreshing. As she is so refreshing.

Our Mama Beats Your Obama.

RED

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I guess I apologise for the wording. Not sure specifically which words, but you know, just generally apologeticky...

And by all means be as enthusiastic as you like about her policies and qualifications. But it just seems odd to me that Christians who presumably know about Matthew 5 are so happy to be openly lustful in the way they speak about her looks.

(too many disclaimers, but I'm not saying that doing so is unChristian - that's not for me to judge - just that it's creepy)

Truth is important

Perhaps I am on a different Forum than you are. I've not read any comments on her looks. I certainly have not made any. I am a married man. I have no need to look.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Spin baby, Spin!

Regardless of what they do with the clothes after its all over, it is rather hypocritical to call Obama an elitist, when the Repub VP is decked out in expensive clothing from Saks 5th Ave and Neiman Marcus. How many Josephine Sixpacks and Josephine the Plummers get their cloths there?

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Well ... I still stand behind my bumper sticker ...

"John McCain hit the bullseye with Sarah Palin."

And that ain't no bull.

I would bet my McCain/Palin lawn sign on it.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

And the fact that the party faithful and the RNC seem not to see this as such a foolishly wrong thing to have done while simultaneously claiming to be non-elitists, working class average Joes shows how desperately deluded and out of touch McCain/Palin/Republicans really are!

In contrast I saw one report last night that showed a picture of Obama relaxing with his feet up on a desk, and the soles of his shoes were worn through - I am talking holes in the bottom of his shoes! Average Joes can identify with worn out shoes, not designer shoes!

How many pairs of boots and coats do you think Todd goes through as he works in -50+ on the North Slope?

Why do you think they had to spend so much to get clothes for Sarah? Possibly because she didn't already have all the fancy clothes like Senator Obama and his wife have? How many fancy coctail parties do you think Sarah has gone to in Wasilla?

If they hadn't gotten the new clothes for her, you can be sure that people would be calling her "a hick that wears rags".

Consider also that in going from event to event to event in one day and then the same thing the next day for weeks, I don't imagine that they would have time to launder the same outfit between events.

A man can get away with wearing the same suit every Sabbath to church, but if a woman wears the same dress every week, it's a different story. (At least, most people I know don't give me a bad time about it though.)

I bet Michelle Obama is saying, "What? Is that all they spent?"

Now, missionlady. Let's be rational here. If someone said to you that your pastor, or even a conference president has spent 150k of church donated money on clothing for his wife... would you think it's wise?

So, what's the difference here? The designer clothing is overblown out of any expense proportions, with outfits that are priced in 1000s per item.

We have a PR people in the news agency that dress anchors. I think the expense was $6000 to dress three of them, so that they would not have to wear the same thing during the week! You can't tell me that one needs 150k to look good, and then chalk it up to charity, while defending the rights of the poor.

That's the hypocrisy of it all. Just like Al Gore campaigning for Global Warming and reduction in carbon emission, while jetting around the world and living in an immence mansion that takes a fortune to keep warm.

Can I say, practice what you preach?

But how many years have those news anchors been collecting those clothes?

My point is that Sarah has probably not been collecting expensive clothes for years. So it has been done all at one time, instead of being spread out.

Have you ever spent more on something (say food or gas) because you were in a hurry and didn't have the time to go to the cheapest store? This whole thing has been rather of a whirlwind for Sarah. I don't think she had much time to plan for all the details.

Also I'm sure that a dress in Iowa would be far less expensive than a dress in New York.

I don't wear expensive clothes. I'm wearing the same $18 dress to church that I bought at Walmart about 6 years ago. But I would be laughed off the stage if I tried to give a political campaign speech.

Packaging is a major part of selling anything. If that is spinning so be it. The RNC is filled with a lot of people that themselves shop at Saks 5th Ave and Neiman Marcus. It is not surprising that when an unknown, out-of-the-beltway moose hunting woman showed up on the ticket that they went out shopping for her.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:

But how many years have those news anchors been collecting those clothes?

My point is that Sarah has probably not been collecting expensive clothes for years. So it has been done all at one time, instead of being spread out.

Oh good grief....Think about Sarah's history...She's a former beauty Queen. She was a weather person on a news program [they always look goo]. She became a mayor of one of Alaska's larger cities [granted, it's are small by US standards but she has to keep up some standards] and she doesn't look bad as governor as she greats the Alaska Independence Party, the anti-American group.

And she needs $150K for a makeover????

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Look Neil ... High heals come with high prices. You not being a woman ... would not understand this. But it IS true. Give the lady a break. It is not nice to question what a woman spends to look nice.

reyesspinsnapping

I believe in Hematology.

Look Neil ... High heals come with high prices. You not being a woman ... would not understand this. But it IS true. Give the lady a break. It is not nice to question what a woman spends to look nice.

reyesspinsnapping

Excuse me! I didn't realize that Redwood was a female... blowing And I was so forward looking to those man meetings that I was sure that you would be attending....]

And as a man, I can howl all I want regarding the $$$$$$ spent on shoes and clothes and makeovers that she ALREADY had....

George Bernard Shaw

What evidence do you have that she already had high enough heals? Show the reference regarding this.

I believe in Hematology.

Yes. I remember Sarah saying that she has fought against this.

I believe in Hematology.

What evidence do you have that she already had high enough heals? Show the reference regarding this.

img.338629_t.jpg

A supporter of US Republican vice presidential candidate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, shows off her t-shirt as Palin's red shoes are seen on stage ® during an outdoor rally in Fairfax, Virginia, September 10, 2008. REUTERS/Jason Reed (UNITED STATES) US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2008 (USA)

How much more incline on these shoes do you want, Redwood?

George Bernard Shaw

Neil. I don't see anything. I am covering my eyes. I'm a married man you know.

I believe in Hematology.