ClubAdventist is back!

Money well spent?

Neil. I don't see anything. I am covering my eyes. I'm a married man you know.

Yeah, like most republicans who are shown the truth.... reyes

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Dr. Shane

• Bravus

• Neil D

I prefer Fox over other 'sources' like Playboy ....

Since I don't 'read' Playboy ... I would not know what kind of 'source' it is.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I prefer Fox over other 'sources' like Playboy ....

Since I don't 'read' Playboy ... I would not know what kind of 'source' it is.

The problem with PLayboy is that you can't get past the pictures....Don't mean that others can't....And the articles in playboy are very good. [or were 20 years ago. don't know now that Hugh's daughter has taken it over]....

Hmmmmmm.....Redwood, I think you have inspired me to go buy one to find out..... peace TU

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

Well, it isn't as if Caribou Barbie was hard up for cash, since her salary as governor was $125,000+. That doesn't include Todd earnings and the extra perks she had, like getting $17,000 of "taxfree" per diem for staying in her own home. (That would not have been to cover any real business expenses, so it was all gain to her.) With just that extra cash alone she could have bought a very nice wardrobe.

As for Michelle Obama, she was criticized for wearing what was thought to be a fancy designer black and white dress on the View until everyone found out it was an off the rack $148 dress - hardly the designer duds for Palin.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I have no problem with the candidates dressing however they think they need to to project a good image. I normally just shop at the wicker, evil Wal-Mart but then I am one of those wicked, evil stockholders too.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I have no problem with the candidates dressing however they think they need to to project a good image. I normally just shop at the wicker, evil Wal-Mart but then I am one of those wicked, evil stockholders too.

You mean "American capitalistic entrepreneurial pig" dontcha? biglaugh

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

I have no problem with the candidates dressing however they think they need to to project a good image...

I don't think anyone is arguing that point. But does it really take $150,000 to accomplish that reasonable and appropriate objective!!! Even 1/4 of that amount would be a very generous wardrobe expediture for that purpose!

Let's break down her campaign wardrobe needs, it was approximately 60 days from nomination to election day. That breaks down to $2500 per day to get her dressed up for each day. Even assuming no outfit worn twice and two outfits per day... you get the picture... I suspect that there are a lot of "Joe the Plumbers" out there that don't even spend $2500 on clothes for a whole year!

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

That's exactly the issue. It's actually the same issue as AIG spending a half of million dollars on spa retreat, when they received the bailout money. For these people it's a mode of operation. And they can't honestly tell that they are concerned about the waste in Washington, when they benefit from that waste, and chalk it up to charity when caught.

It was an investment for charity. That is the difference. It will produce more money than invested.

I believe in Hematology.

Go Mama Go. Drill Baby Drill.

I believe in Hematology.

The Truth about the Palin FAMILY clothes :

Palin Camp Explains Clothing Expenses

by Shushannah Walshe

AP Photo

PITTSBURGH–Palin advisors tell Fox News that a portion of the over 150,000 dollars spent on clothing for Sarah Palin and her family were returned after the Republican National Convention. When asked why such a large amount was spent on clothing the advisors responded that different sizes and styles were bought for Palin to try on and possibly wear and that everything that “could be returned was (returned).” Clothes that were not worn or tailored for Palin were returned to the stores after the RNC.

FNC’s Carl Cameron also reports that of the 150,000 dollars spent that 50,000 dollars worth of clothes were returned immediately, 50,000 dollars worth remains unwrapped and packed in the plane, and more than 50,000 dollars worth of clothing is currently in use by the Palin family.

This evening when Sean Hannity interviewed the Alaska governor, she explained the purchases.

“The RNC spending money on clothes–those clothes are not my property. We had three days of using clothes that the RNC purchased. If people knew how Todd and I and our kids shop so frugally. My favorite shop is a consignment shop in Anchorage, Alaska called Out of the Closet and my shoe store is called Shoe Fly in Juneau, Alaska. It is not a you know–it is not 5th Avenue type of shopping.” Palin said, “But RNC purchasing some clothes that are either returned or they are going to charity. It is not my property.”

The three days Palin is referring to is the RNC. When asked why this possible explanation wasn’t given to the press as soon as the story broke the advisors declined to answer.

However, they did describe much of what Palin wears now as bought “off the sale rack from Macy’s.”

I believe in Hematology.

It was an investment for charity. That is the difference. It will produce more money than invested.

Obviously clothing bought at Wal-Mart are not going to be sold for as much even if they have been worn by Palin.

These types of attacks by the liberals and media are why Palin will be better off if she is not elected President. They look for anything to criticize and then they obsess over the smallest issues.

• Moderators

But this is *not* a small issue. The Republicans have discovered a strong interest in earning the vote of 'Joe Sixpack/Plumber'. This is evidence of just how out of touch they are with the interests of those voters. It's important enough to change votes, and that makes it important.

Truth is important

Anyone wanting to vote for a candidate who is in touch with the voters needs to consider a third party. The two main candidates are in touch with their corporate sponsors. That is why it is important to look/dress like them.

>>...but does anyone else find the obviousness and fervor of right wing males' drolling lust for the person of the VP candidate from Alaska vaguely nauseating?<<

Oy! “droll and nauseating”?

Others may droll for a hottie, but jasd drools for hotties. Drools so much that he married Ms Washington State, and a Playboy multi-page feature was his live-in for 10 years – because, again, “jasd drools for hotties.”

Droll? tchah.

I think Palin is hot – and have acknowledged that by calling her a “Hottie!” What does that say? It says that jasd appreciates the exceptional, the fine, and the beautiful; which, of itself, may be taken to, inclusively, translate to people – and all aspects of their finer qualities. Why would that elicit either a ”droll or nauseating” gripe? Moreover,

in the case of Palin – the subject, herself, is clearly and qualifiedly distinct from a jumped-up junior Senator.

The lefters even and ever carp from the left side of their mouth, yes?

Sheesh. The RNC buffed the Palin family for reasons of their own – more’n likely, because the Palins lacked the sort of wardrobe that photographed well for either publishers or Television. Simple enough. Better the MSM should get bent outta shape because Palin didn’t have Neiman Marcus in her wardrobe? Oh wow, ...reason and excuse sufficient for all the wacky-dos to begin their lunatic yip-yammer, eh? That is, The NY Times, et al.

Susanna Chung Forest, of Beverly Hills, designed and outfitted Hillary Clinton with her pantsuits etc – at more than $6,000 a pop – and did so gratis, free! Now, you know that Hillary is wall to wall pantsuits! Well, where now brown cow – is the outcry from the lefters? esp, as

the wardrobe for the Palin family was paid-for – no expectations of freebies on anyone’s part. Now THAT is American and commendable.

“Spread the wealth.” --Obama. :-o

Umm, it’s the big time. It’s a big lateral world out there. The Party pays much more for billboards – and, Obama’s campaign paid half a million dollar$ - $500,000 - for pizza and other [censored] for his entourage – and you know where all those dollar$ spent – ended.

>>...vaguely nauseating?<<

Okay, “rhetorical flourishes”, eh? Rhetorical flourishes or emotional visceral, either way, it may prove gratifying for some to note that outlanders in the far and awaayyy have a voyeuristic interest in the Great American Dialogue.

Now, one doesn’t mind contributed observations; that said, perspective is also welcome.

As an aside: what’s with the lefter’s obsessive fixation with OPM – other people’s money? Sheesh.

[not addressed particularly] And ain there a word to describe

guys overly taken with women’s wear (or who overly critique their dress)? like, transvest... c’mon, help me out... transfess... transfusty... transvestight... c’mon, c’mon, I almost have it... Ah well, milquey-toasty! [/ ]

Mebbe, a right-thinking Rebub could purchase a $50,000 Hermès bag for that outstanding lady from AK – y’know, to go with the rest of the stuff.

• Administrators

I'll bet that $150,000 pales in comparison to what the McCain family spends on clothes.

For sure! The lovely yellow designer outfit worn by Cindy McCain at the convention was reportedly worth about $300,000, including the jewelry!!!!

Cindy McCain's Party Clothes

I'll bet that $150,000 pales in comparison to what the McCain family spends on clothes.

Exactly!!!! BINGO!!!!

You can take a Joe Six-Pack and put her in designer clothing and she is still a Joe Six-Pack. Or as Obama would say when talking about Sarah Palin, You can put lipstick on a pig and she's still a pig.

McCain choose a Joe Six-Pack and dressed her up in designer clothing. Why is that an issue? I suggest the only people that have a problem with that are people that were not going to vote for McCain/Palin any way. Are there any undecideds here that have a problem with that?

Speaking of The NY Times, it's been down-rated - to JUNK! mebbe, like America - were it ever to be, likewise, excessively in the tank for Obama.

Hoo-Hah!

>>I'll bet that $150,000 pales in comparison to what the McCain family spends on clothes.<<

EXACTLY! It is their money. Honestly earned or inherited and used honestly to purchase clothes for Cindy. So, what's the gripe?

Better someone else shoulda paid for her clothes? That's lefter-thought.

"Capone was a community organizer..."

Are there any undecideds here that have a problem with that?

Yeah, I don't know why anyone should have a problem with it unless they donated money to the campaign. Otherwise, who really cares? So she got a makeover. She'll get another, far more expensive one, if she becomes VP.

Does anyone remember Hillary's makeover? She and Bill were country bumpkins when they came to the White House, as far as their lifestyle.

• Moderators

Yeah, jasd, my typo: I do find the drooling droll, though... bwink

PS Shane, spin to say Obama called Palin a pig in lipstick, he was very clearly talking about policy.

Truth is important