ClubAdventist is back!

Which Bible version

Gail

• Moderators

Yes, they have several. If they don't have them in stock, they will be able to order one for you. Ask them to tell you which translations are available in the comparable Bibles. You should be able to get the KJV, New King James, New Living, and New International.

There's also an edition of just the KJV and the Amplified in nice, large print.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• Gail

• phkrause

• Scar

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks John317, I went in to the abc yesterday and I didn't see any, but I didn't ask either. I thought I'd go to a barnes & nobles or a christian book store in the area, but I think they might be closed. Barnes & Nobles will be open though.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 weeks later...

I used NKJV a contemporary english from KJV. KJV was the less perverted version that follows the word-for-word version of the bible.

have you read the book: The Illuminti-666 by William Joshua Sutton it's a very great book. It opens the eye the blinded for very long!

• Moderators

Thanks John317.... I thought I'd go to a barnes & nobles or a christian book store in the area...

Barnes and Nobles will have a comparative Bible. In fact, they usually have two or three different kinds. If the Christian book store is a pretty good size, they will also have at least one kind. It will usually include four versions. I have one edition that includes 8 translations of the New Testament. A wonderful way to study the Bible, I find. I hope you find what you want.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

have you read the book: The Illuminti-666 by William Joshua Sutton it's a very great book. It opens the eye the blinded for very long!

Yes, I have book. Willie Josiah Sutton also wrote another book, this one about the anti-Christ. Both are full of good documentation.

Willie Sutton once stayed with my father, an SDA pastor, in Tennessee, during the late 1980s. I'm not sure Willie's still alive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I usually study the sabbath school lesson with my NRSV then on Sabbath I take my NASB with me.

I like them all.

We have something in common, then.

Almost all of them have something good about them. Even the Jehovah's Witness's bad translation does have some very good, very accurate parts, but they are fairly rare. For instance, Ps. 1 and also the parts of Psalms which refer to the dead.

My favorite right now-- apart from the KJV, which is always #1-- is the Standard English Version. It's more accurate than the NIV, but the NIV is superior stylistically. I mean it sounds better to the ear when read aloud.

• 2 months later...

All bible versions have good seed and bad seed in the same field. it's only if you focus on the testimony of Christ (OT and NT) that you will begin to see the confusion that the bible leads the Christian denominations into. Bottom line.. all bibles today are Catholic Doctrine.

This study illustrates that clearly by page 35 and 36

http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection.pdf

the information is free. The best things in life usually are but people are all to willing to pay for speculation.

God Bless

Todd M. Vetter

• Moderators

Bottom line.. all bibles today are Catholic Doctrine.

Do you mean the OT equally with the NT?

Are you talking about the underlying Greek printed texts or are you speaking primarily of the translations made from those printed texts?

Can you name any "doctrine" or teaching found in the KJV that is not found, or cannot be taught from, the Critical Text of the NT?

I'm not referring here to the "changes" in some of the verses, but I refer to actual doctrines or teachings.

To see why this applies to portions of OT as well as NT You have to understand the Almah/betulah controversy. Page 35 at this link gives the facts of the christian condition with testimony that is validated ancient by more than one source in the study that presents it.

This link which you will find at that page gives much more information on why the christian today is not takeing the gospel to the world.

http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20virgin-maiden%20controversy.pdf

Todd M. Vetter

The Christian today does not realize to what extent they are born into the spirit of anti-christ by Christian tradition handed to them by Rome. They must overcome this spirit with the wisdom Of God from God(baptism of spirit). Until mankind understands why this is not happening today. They will continue in the false perception of salvation which Christ prophecied.

Todd M. Vetter

Picking a bible version is like trying to define the term christian.

-Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.

-Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.

-Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.

-Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.

-Showing a loving concern for others; humane.

-One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.

-One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

How history defines christian.

-one who kills jews.

-30,000 different versions of denominational names all caliming to follow the same persons teachings, only different facets of the teschings. All build on a book called the bible and reject that the leader of the movement said to build on Him.

-A people who claim christ did not come according to the flesh. See Matt chapt 1. It illustrates christ coming according to special surcumstance leaving mulitple prophecies unfulfilled.

-A people who claim to preach the Gospel of jesus who unknowingly only have half the information God wants them to have.

With Christian being such a shakey term to define. Anyone claiming to be bult on the solid testimony of Jesus should never use this term since it cannot be clearly defined just as the many bible versions that exist today cannot get the story strait, they all carry the same title.. yet many have more books than others while some have more verses in certain chapters than others.

The bible is no different thant the Christian that carries it. It goes by a name that cannot be clearly defined! Christ pointed you to the heavently parent. When will the Christian go to the parent? The Law will take you there. It's how we walk in the parents ways and become faithful witnesses.

To know these definitions are true.

See information at the link. The first link is mearly to validate that the second link is worth your while.

http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/gospel%20of%20holy%2012.pdf

Just remember there is both good seed and bad seed in the same field. You are not to uproot what you think are tares or you uproot the wheat. your Christian forfathers did this against the voice of prophecy. the end result leaves you holes in your history which in turn leaves you confused and speculating.

God Bless

Todd M. Vetter

You can have as many Bibles as you feel you need to do a credible job of finding truth, all for free. Google E-Sword or for Mac users MacSword. There you will find numerous down-loadable Bibles, Concordances, Strong's Greek and Hebrew lexicon and other source books all for free. I also use an very easy to use interface called Bible Desktop into which you can place all this material and access it in multiple windows so you can do Biblical comparison with ease. Try it, I think you will really like it.

I have included the links:

E-Sword MacSword

God said man can only live by Every word that proceeded from the mouth of God. Show me any version of the book titled the bible that contains every word. The gospel found at this link contains more words of NT testimony that Christ spoke. The 4 Roman Gospels in your bible came from this document. Untill you read the document, test it against prophecy you will continue to make a book your shepard.

Can the cry be any louder to come out of Babylon? or will Christians reject their history because of the traditions of men?

P.S. The holy spirit will be grieved away by our traditions.

Todd M. Vetter

Todd,

I have already downloaded this document on my own and am in the process of going through it. It was not a criticism of you for posting it, and I agree that there are a number of documents that didn't make it into the New Testament and others that were included strictly based on a political view point not on a search for truth. God never said we should check our brains at the door in the discovery of Truth and blindly accept a Canon as true simply because we have been told to. I test all prophecy with the 7 rules of prophetic interpretation as found here:

Seven Rules for Prophetic Interpretation

These rules come from Scripture and take personal bias out of the study of prophecy. With these 7 rules anyone can understand prophecy for themselves, and don't need an 'expert' to interpret the prophecies for them.

To understand anything spiritual we must become discerning people, able to tell truth from lies. This is why I rely on the Words of Jesus Christ ONLY as my source for truth.

• Members

If you don't except the whole Bible, than how do you know for a fact that the word's of Jesus are correct? You can't just pick and choose!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Are you talking about the underlying Greek printed texts or are you speaking primarily of the translations made from those printed texts?

Can you name any "doctrine" or teaching found in the KJV that is not found, or cannot be taught from, the Critical Text of the NT?

I'm not referring here to the "changes" in some of the verses, but I refer to actual doctrines or teachings.

To find what is wrong with a counterfeit dollar, one must first study and know the real one. Therefore I urge everyone to first study the words of Jesus given to us by His eyewitnesses first. This would be Matthew, Mark (for Peter's words), John and Revelation. James is interesting, but Jesus' brother was not one of the disciples and John 14:26 and 17:20 do not apply. I also found it interesting that Jesus' own brothers tried to get Him killed at one time. Right?

The original KJV was translated from the Textus Vaticanus c. 10th - 11th centuries that in turn was copied by a monk named Erasmus, and is, in textual criticism circles, widely held to be inferior to earlier texts. This being said (and look it up for yourselves) this is why it is important to have a wide variety of translations (not transliterations as is the Clear Word) at your fingertips with with to make comparisons. That is why I recommended E-Sword and MacSword.

As to a Doctrine taught in the O.T. version of the KJV as opposed to the Critical text of the N.T. here is just one:

The Doctrine of the immortality of the Soul is very much in the Critical Text that was translated into the N.T. Paul is a great proponent of "Life after Death" with a number of his texts that refer to it. In the O.T. there are any number of passages that prove or at the very least strongly imply that "the dead know not anything". In Luke (Luke writing for Paul) there is the story of the Criminal hanging next to Jesus to which Jesus is purported to have said, "I say to you,(comma here) today you will be with me in paradise." (This is ONLY found in Luke.) The Greek language is anarthoris, that is there are no definite articles such as 'and', 'of', 'but', 'it', etc. There is also NO punctuation. All articles and punctuation are supplied by the translator, whoever that was. Therefore this passage could just as easily have been translated, "I say to you today,(comma here) you will be with me in paradise." The translator of the Textus Vaticanus being a monk in the Catholic church certainly believed that Paul was a valid apostle of Jesus and would have translated that text to reflect Paul's understanding of the immortality of the soul, that is, when you die you go directly to Heaven-do not pass go and collect $200.

This is just one of dozens of 'mis-translations' that are reflected not only in the KJV but is most other translations. Does this mean that it is automatically true? Certainly not, which is why I said we must become discerning people, able to judge what is true and what is not from the totality of what is said in the O.T. and by Jesus Christ said in the N.T.

This is the problem with typed forums. Many take out of context the words written as critisim.

My appoligies for sounding less then humble.

Todd M. Vetter

That is just it.. i have accepted the whole bible where the christian picks and chooses to make their doctrine. Observe carefully any study on the internet today. See if they use every word of bible testimony that applies to the topic of the death and resurrection.

You will find that they take what only suites their preconcieved perception of truth. thus ignoring Jesus testimony and claiming christ as figurative.

You ask a good question out how do you know what is from God and what is not.

Two prophecies for the same event are in your bible and they give a different perception of time. Do you go on the majority of the witness of men who do not speak in one accord in your bible? or do you go on the mulitiple prophetic witnesses which are God's witness of his son?

The choice is your. what defines your perception?

Todd M. Vetter

Have you not clicked on any of the free information I have shared with you?

A full lengh gospel sufaces in history revealing much yet the christian world wants nothing to do with it because it was not a preserved gift from Rome their Mother.

The study at This link validates the credibility of the content since the testimonies of men differ regarding the first link. this study validates credibly that the 4 roman gospels of half truth came from the gospel being shared.

Blessings

Todd M. Vetter

to find what is wrong with christianity. write the laws of the Lord on your heart and you will hear the voice from the source of truth. Keep reading half truth gospels if you wish.. the Lord is your shepard.. are you not listing? Does your living Lord live in the pages of a book?

Todd M. Vetter