ClubAdventist is back!

Bush Is No Lame Duck

Wow! With this financial crisis I seems Bush has been working overtime. He would normally be out raising money for the RNC at this time but has only done one fund raiser recently and has no more scheduled before the election. Now he has set up an international economic summit for November 15. Of course the President-elect will be involved with that too. But no matter how one looks at it, there is no lame duck in the White House and it doesn't like there will be this election cycle either.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

He needs to take a break and stop trying to work so hard on things he has no clue how to fix. He is not economist. All he is speaking about is "creating jobs". It's not up to government to create jobs. Government created jobs consist of people who depend on taxes to keep being employed, so it's constant leeching off the taxpayers.

I say, stop working so hard and take a vocation. Let the smart people deal with the problem, and the smart people are saying ... leave it alone. Economy will stabilize naturally.

I think he has a good vocation. Being president is a full time job and he is fulfilling his time to the end. How many presidents in the past have done such a good job at this. I commend him. Some make an avocation out of criticizing him ... but I think he has done a good job during a difficult time.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I think he has done a good job during a difficult time.

I think history will reflect that. Bush inherited an economy in recession and a faulty CIA which led to both 9/11 and the Iraq/WMD assumption. This current financial crisis was also in the making before Bush ever took office. I think eventually people will realize that the time period was bad and not the leader in the White House.

I think also that the current Congress needs to take quite a bit of blame.

The housing problem is due in large part because of policies pushed in to try to make sure minorities could own their own houses. I have no problem with minorities owning houses, but all people need to be able to have the means to pay for their houses. I think that by trying to get homeownership to become a right, many people (including non-minority people) took out loans that they had no way of paying back.

The Federal Reserve keeping the interest rate so low also made money cheaper and thus fueled the housing bubble which caused the crisis to go beyond just low-income home owners.

I definetly agree that Fed had much to do with this bubble.

I think it should only be fair to give people opportunity to do the same thing that their government practices without any limits or supervision. Why should government have all the fun wasting people's money with no indication to pay it back.

Wow! With this financial crisis I seems Bush has been working overtime. He would normally be out raising money for the RNC at this time but has only done one fund raiser recently and has no more scheduled before the election. Now he has set up an international economic summit for November 15. Of course the President-elect will be involved with that too. But no matter how one looks at it, there is no lame duck in the White House and it doesn't like there will be this election cycle either.

I don't think anyone wants to be associated with him and/or the last 8 years, so no one is asking him to do any fundraising.

From what I heard ... the fund raising that he did do was extremely successful.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

The RNC would like him to do fund raising. He is a very good fund raiser and most likely will continue raising funds for the RNC for many years into the future.