ClubAdventist is back!

I Voted - Have You?

Have you considered the words of Jesus?

Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

There are two ways to live in this world. The straight and narrow way and the other road that is wide and leads to destruction.

I am sorry Norm...but I can't buy what you are saying....

Jesus' words do NOT go with your "two ways to live in this world." Have you not heard, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar and the things that belong to God, to God"? You have to decide what those things are, based upon your information and that reasoning brain that God gave you.

For example, when I vote for choice, I vote with the full knowledge that I MAY end up aborting a child. But I also , with my vote, vote for Women's reproductive rights, which include child care, WIC, and other things for women and thier children. You see, when women have these things, they are less likely to abort the fetus. And when those things are available, women will feel better about raising thier children. But when I restrict those rights, when I vote to force women to have those unwanted children, I do so with the knowledge that those abortion rates go up.And women are reduced to baby making machines...and degrade women to the relm of play things for men...

By your insistance that women be forced to bear unwanted children, you reduce God's female children to a subserviant level of what God intended. You subvert God's will for His children and play the role that Satan wants....dehumanize the human race.

So, Norm,by insisting that we MUST vote the way YOU want us to, you stand condemned for dehumanizing and thwarting God's will for His children. And so, Norm, I can't vote the way you vote. It goes against my conscious to do so. And I don't think that God can bless this country when we keep looking for shortcuts to do His will....Of that, we agree.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Byers, N.D.

• Woody

• carolaa

• Neil D

• Moderators

I voted just now...and voted for McCain. The reason, my conscience could never vote for someone who supports the killing of unborn children. I don't like his health insurance program as well. When I heard him with my own ears in one of the debates that he was going to fine those who didn't get this, I said...."he's not getting my vote". I want to have the freedom to choose to get it or not without being threatened that I am going to be fined. That is controlling IMO. Plus, I am a republican, and don't believe to be supporting people who want to live on welfare. I believe in helping them get a job, not to live on tax payer's money. I have seen families living on welfare for years (when a Democrat was president), and one person saying to me, "All I have to do is keep having babies, and I can live on welfare". IMO, that is enabling them to not better themselves. There's a lot other reasons, but those are the main reasons.

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

Quote:
...the world is not black and white

Yes Neil ... we know that Obama is the only thing that is Black and White in this election ... but I am going to vote for Palin/McCain anyways. That is IF in I can vote.

I called the Elections Dept to see if they have a handicapped booth. They don't. So, if the line is too long ... I will just not be able to vote. No way can I wait in line.

So, we will see. I may strongly want McCain. But I am no martyr.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Can you bring a chair for when you wait in line? Lots of people are taking lawn chairs, but I know you need a firm chair. Can you use a wheelchair? You could rent one for the day. Too bad the long lines are so hard for the handicapped that it keeps them from voting. There should be some way to scoot them to the front of the line, at least.

I voted. Even my 13 year old son voted. Actually he was the *official* reader for dh, there was some debate on whether he needed to be 18 or not, then they decided that he could do it, so they swore him in, and he helped dh vote. I asked ds how he liked it, and he said it was very nerve-wracking to think that he might be putting these people in office. He said it was an awesome responsibility.

I hope you do get to vote Red, that would be a shame. Maybe the line won't be long when you go.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

:smile: I was happy when Oregon started all voting by mail. Saves time and hassle, especially for the handicapped.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I voted this morning when the voting traffic was at it's sparsest. I waited in line for one hour.

My husband voted earlier in the morning. He got there 15 minutes before the polls opened and waited an hour and 45 minutes to cast his vote.

The volunteer workers at the polls were a bit aggravating. Many of us were asking if we could cast our votes while in line using the paper ballots. Some poll workers cringed and said, "Well...I don't know. I guess you could." Other poll workers told us it would be fine! Still others were adamant that the ballots be completed in the confines of the ballot booths.

I opted to use the touch screen ballots instead. :S

I voted. Even my 13 year old son voted. Actually he was the *official* reader for dh, there was some debate on whether he needed to be 18 or not, then they decided that he could do it, so they swore him in, and he helped dh vote. I asked ds how he liked it, and he said it was very nerve-wracking to think that he might be putting these people in office. He said it was an awesome responsibility.

I hope you do get to vote Red, that would be a shame. Maybe the line won't be long when you go.

How cool that your son got to be the reader for him. And yes it sure is a big responsibility.

I voted praise God. We sure wouldn't want Obama in there.

There were only five people in line when we got there so it was no problem. All those people that ACORN registered aren't showin up praise God.

I wore my Palintology shirt ... so I guess it is no surprise who I voted for. And you all know why. So, I will cut this short.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
I am sorry Norm...but I can't buy what you are saying....

Jesus' words do NOT go with your "two ways to live in this world." Have you not heard, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar and the things that belong to God, to God"? You have to decide what those things are, based upon your information and that reasoning brain that God gave you.

For example, when I vote for choice, I vote with the full knowledge that I MAY end up aborting a child. But I also , with my vote, vote for Women's reproductive rights, which include child care, WIC, and other things for women and thier children. You see, when women have these things, they are less likely to abort the fetus. And when those things are available, women will feel better about raising thier children. But when I restrict those rights, when I vote to force women to have those unwanted children, I do so with the knowledge that those abortion rates go up.And women are reduced to baby making machines...and degrade women to the relm of play things for men...

By your insistance that women be forced to bear unwanted children, you reduce God's female children to a subserviant level of what God intended. You subvert God's will for His children and play the role that Satan wants....dehumanize the human race.

Neil, you've been hoodwinked as Pastor Batchelor likes to say when someone has been deceived. There is nothing that states all those benefits you mention can't be available without abortion. There's adoption. And you don't know what God will do for those who will honor Him by not killing His children.

Your use of render unto Ceasar is way out of context. That is specifically telling us to honor God first and then if it does not conflict with the law of God honor the government. That is the true meaning of that quote.

As God's children we have been given freedom, to obey God and live or to disobey Him and die, ultimately being lost. If we choose to obey God then we must know what He says and we cannot make any deveation from His expressed will at least not willfully knowingly doing something that He has not sanctioned and never will.

If one chooses to disobey God then the may choose to do as they please but they will not live and will not see eternity, unless they awake to their condition and change by God's grace. So the question boils down to; Does God approve of and or sanction abortions? With the Bible and SOP as well as good scientific information the answer will always be, no.

God is not the author of death and He will never go against His own law especially when it has to do with oppressing the defenseless. He has much to say about that. Therefore any child of God who loves and is obedient will never support abortion or anyone who condones it.

Voting for choice has all the benefits for the woman but none for the unborn baby. I just can't for the life of me see why you choice folks can't see that the baby wants to live just as much as the mother!!! Who ever gave anyone the right to decide that a baby shoud die to accomodate a woman? Man's laws and pagan traditions but certainly not God nor any of His laws.

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

I wore my Palintology shirt ...

You shouldn't have been allowed in the polling place with that shirt on. The election judge must not have been paying attention.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity