ClubAdventist is back!

Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....

All the news media have Obama winning with almost 300 electoral votes, looks like its all over with just the final count of the vote to be done, at least from the medias viewpoint....

"......Barack Obama now leads McCain by 131 electoral votes, up from his 128-vote lead yesterday. CNN now estimates that if the presidential election were held today, Obama would win 291 electoral votes and John McCain 160. There are 87 electoral votes up for grabs. Again, 270 electoral votes are needed to win the White House...."

The CNN Electoral Map http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/calculator/

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/31/cnn-electoral-map-update-mccain-loses-ground/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Neil D

• carolaa

• Dr. Shane

• Moderators

Truman was counted out too, remember?

But I probably will not vote. I loathe the lies, half-truths, and their economics of tax cuts that reduces the gov't receipts while continueing the same level of spending or even increasing it. Living in prosperity with borrowed money has ruined our country. Neither one, and none in Congress, has the guts/spine to do the right thing to change course and correct the problem.

Gerry

Dewey was projected to win over Trueman because of a flaw in the polls. They were not limiting their polling to likely voters. That mistake has not been repeated since.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

But I probably will not vote. I loathe the lies, half-truths, and their economics of tax cuts that reduces the gov't receipts while continueing the same level of spending or even increasing it. Living in prosperity with borrowed money has ruined our country. Neither one, and none in Congress, has the guts/spine to do the right thing to change course and correct the problem.

Gerry

Do you feel there is anything that can be done by voting in good men, or is it a waste..

Bradley folks. Just remember Bradley.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Dewey was projected to win over Trueman because of a flaw in the polls. They were not limiting their polling to likely voters. That mistake has not been repeated since.

Yes, I saw it when I went to early voting, once the poll watchers saw the voters were not going there way, they stopped taking the poll. Dont know if that was being repeated but thats one way to skew polls.

Neither one, and none in Congress, has the guts/spine to do the right thing to change course and correct the problem.

That's not true. Dennis Kucinich, Ron Paul, and others have worked tirelessly to change things. I have great admiration for those people, because they *are* fighting the big machine in which both parties are complicit. But they *are* making a difference. People are starting to wake up.

Even though no 3rd party candidate has a change to win the presidency, if we can get more of them into Congress, things *will* change. I know it's frustrating and takes so long, but there are people trying to make a difference, so let's not let them down by not even voting.

Ron is not that bad. But, Dennis? Give me a break. The guy is loony.

I believe in Hematology.

He got your attention, Redwood..and you are a looney as they come!... ayeyiyi

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Thanks Neil. But ... you need to have a dog to kick instead of me ... Ha Ha.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Redwood

He got your attention, Redwood..and you are a looney as they come!... ayeyiyi

Oh And also ... I may be loony but I do the best with what God has given me. And Blanche says the same. Talkin about loony. I think you been havin too much of my poppies man.

Who wants Obama? Only those who want to be taken care of from cradle to grave. Then they will be beholden to the government. And we all know what that means. They will tell you where to worship and what to worship and when to worship.

I believe in Hematology.

Kucinich is only loony to those loyalists who think Bush is not a criminal.

Have you honestly heard of some of the conspiracy theories that the guy has?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Neil D

He got your attention, Redwood..and you are a looney as they come!... ayeyiyi [/quote']

Oh And also ... I may be loony but I do the best with what God has given me. And Blanche says the same. Talkin about loony. I think you been havin too much of my poppies man.

Who wants Obama? Only those who want to be taken care of from cradle to grave. Then they will be beholden to the government. And we all know what that means. They will tell you where to worship and what to worship and when to worship.

As end time events unfold, you may thank Obama for delaying Sumday laws, who knows? There are already 5 Catholics on the Supreme Court appointed by the conservatives.

Gerry

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo

Gerry

Do you feel there is anything that can be done by voting in good men, or is it a waste..

WHO is the good man I can vote for?

Gerry

• Moderators

Gerry

Oh, but Gerry. Please vote. Your vote counts!

And Obama this year is DIFFERENT. You never heard any lies or half-truths coming from the Obama camp.

Obama has the "guts/spine" plus organizational skill [his campaign has run like a smoothly oiled machine] to make the changes we need.

Please don't abdicate your responsibility.

Please be a part of this momentous event.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

As end time events unfold, you may thank Obama for delaying Sumday laws, who knows? There are already 5 Catholics on the Supreme Court appointed by the conservatives.

Gerry

Exactly!

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

WHO is the good man I can vote for?Gerry

Gerry,

So, you gonna just ..NOT...vote? If you don't vote, you got nothing to complain about....And complaining is one of the best alround stress relievers..And you know as well as I do that there are a lot of SDAs who are stressed up the yingyang... So, you might as well vote just to relieve that stress and let your voice be heard....

Now, I don't care if you vote for Obama or McCain...I would prefer Obama, as I think there is much more good than what we have seen even now. He doesn't get stressed when he's see all the bumpkus that McCain has thrown at him. And McCain has walked the stage during those stressful moments....Which seems more "presidential" to you?

If you can't vote for Obama, then surely vote for a third party canidate. Again, LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD.

[and look forward to relieving some stress in your life...!]

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Just go to Factcheck to find out the whoppers both candidates have told. But I wouldn't use that as an excuse not to vote. There are other candidates on the ballot. Ralph Nader is a consumer activitist - surely you can trust him to be truthful. And there are others. Besides that, it's not just the President we're voting for - believe it or not. There are other offices and issues that need our votes.

All the news media have Obama winning with almost 300 electoral votes, looks like its all over with just the final count of the vote to be done, at least from the medias viewpoint....

"......Barack Obama now leads McCain by 131 electoral votes, up from his 128-vote lead yesterday. CNN now estimates that if the presidential election were held today, Obama would win 291 electoral votes and John McCain 160. There are 87 electoral votes up for grabs. Again, 270 electoral votes are needed to win the White House...."

The CNN Electoral Map http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/calculator/

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/31/cnn-electoral-map-update-mccain-loses-ground/

I read a prediction that someone wrote a few months ago...that Osama bin Laden would be captured on November 2, and that when found he would be wearing an Obama/Biden campaign button.

Any progress on this front?

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Moderators

Quote:

Gerry

Quote:
Exactly!

I don't agree with that....I believe it's the other way around, that the Sunday laws will come in if Obama is president...I see him as very controlling.....IMHO

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

Sunday laws would come if either would be a president. The contingency planning is not done by the presidents, but by the security advisers who has been in Washington for ages.

There are number of contingency planning procedures in existence that cover various situations. Some of these situations address the US debt default and subsequent economic collapse... which Government has obviously been planning for a while. The people in Washington are not clueless. They know what's coming, they just don't know when it is coming.