ClubAdventist is back!

Obama WILL raise your Taxes.

Obama WILL raise your Taxes. That is the message I got from most of the ten phone calls yesterday.

So, I decided to check it out. And it is true.

His definition of who is rich has now gone down to $120,000 according to Bill Richardson and his campaign.

It started at $250,000. Then Obama lowered it to $200,000.

Next ... Joe Biden stated it was $150,000. And now the campaign states it is lowered to $120,000. You'd better watch out. It is headed down to you.

Is this called leadership. I just can't keep up with it.

Like Joe the Plumber ... I am concerned.

I suspect that Obama is too busy measuring the drapes. Is that an excuse though?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Not to mention that 'I heard from the barman that the new definition of wealthy is $1.25' is a complete myth, as is the whole story of a falling threshold.

Truth is important

What is your proposal? Cut taxes and keep putting in on our children's tab?
Cut spending !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gee, that was simple...

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Not to mention that 'I heard from the barman that the new definition of wealthy is $1.25' is a complete myth, as is the whole story of a falling threshold.

Some of us haven't forgotten Bill Clinton promised a middle-class tax cut in 1992 and after being elected taxed everyone making $30,000+ and if that wasn't enough he also made Social Security benefits taxable. Kind of makes chills run down one's spine when Obama puts his hand on Clinton shoulders and says he (Clinton) is the kind of President America needs.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Well, I'll be patiently waiting for the retractions and corrections at the end of the first Obama term when middle class taxes have not been raised.

Truth is important

YOU would be better off voting for Athol Guy than worrying about some other country. Maybe you should concern about Dubai.

Well, I'll be patiently waiting for the retractions and corrections at the end of the first Obama term when middle class taxes have not been raised.

I will be more than happy if my suspicions prove to be false. I do think Obama is a more honorable man than Clinton but we have seen him do an about-face on accepting public funding so we know that his word is not as good as gold.

That is for sure. He has not started off on the right foot. Lies before even getting into office is not good.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: fccool
What is your proposal? Cut taxes and keep putting in on our children's tab?
Cut spending !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gee, that was simple...

Neither party will do that.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Bravus

I will be more than happy if my suspicions prove to be false. I do think Obama is a more honorable man than Clinton but we have seen him do an about-face on accepting public funding ....

"Do an about-face"???

When did he ever promise NOT to accept public funding?!

Some of the gossip going on these days is simply outrageous.

"Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you read" -- unless it comes direct from the mouth of the person you're discussing.

I, like Bravus, expect to see a whole lot of apologies from you guys on this board after Obama's first year in office.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Obama promised to accept public funding but once he realized he had a real chance at getting the nomination he changed his mind. Once he gets into office and realizes what needs to be done to raise the revenue he needs, I seriously doubt those making less than $250,000 will be safe from a tax increase.

As far as apologies go... If Obama pulls a Bill Clinton, will those blindly supporting him now on this forum apologize? That is a two way street.

Quote:
That is for sure. He has not started off on the right foot. Lies before even getting into office is not good.

And like McCAin is a saint???? Like the McCAin ticket hasn't told any lies? Like McCain hasn't changed his character from the "straight shooting express" to robo calling and telling constituents that Obama is a muslim????

I am sorry....but evaluating your plans and adjusting your stratigies before the real battle is more prudent of a real Presidential hopeful than the character of a former straight shooting candidate whose wallowing in the mud of slander just doesn't seem as presidential... My opinion...just my opinion...

And yes, I am looking forward to either eating crow or better yet, serving it cold to someones here....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

I will absolutely recant here publically if Obama raises the taxes of the middle class during his first term.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Do you have references on Obama's promise to accept public funding, Shane? Not saying it's not true, just that I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Truth is important

And like McCAin is a saint???? Like the McCAin ticket hasn't told any lies?

I didn't vote for McCain. I voted for Obama. That doesn't stop me from pointing out that my guy lied.

Do you have references on Obama's promise to accept public funding, Shane? Not saying it's not true, just that I haven't seen it anywhere else.

McCain called him on it in one of the debates and Obama didn't deny it. So if he never made that commitment it was kind of stupid of him not to deny it. I don't have any links. I would have to search the web for that.

Thought you might recognise when I was quoting Redwood instead of you....my mistake...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Obama promised to accept public funding but once he realized he had a real chance at getting the nomination he changed his mind. Once he gets into office and realizes what needs to be done to raise the revenue he needs, I seriously doubt those making less than $250,000 will be safe from a tax increase.

As far as apologies go... If Obama pulls a Bill Clinton, will those blindly supporting him now on this forum apologize? That is a two way street.

He changed it from 250 to 200 to 150 to 125,000

I heard Biden myself lowering it.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Neil D

And like McCAin is a saint???? Like the McCAin ticket hasn't told any lies?

I didn't vote for McCain. I voted for Obama. That doesn't stop me from pointing out that my guy lied.

Primary or general election?

oG

Since I started this thread ....

"Obama WILL raise your Taxes"

I don't think it is nice for someone to change the title. Not sure why it is even allowed. But I certainly don't think it is funny.

I can't imagine that Stan would do this. But whoever it was ... May I ask that in the future you start your own thread. Guess we are getting a foretaste of what it would be like with Obama.

Go McCain ....

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Redwood, if you look at each post, and look at the title of that post, you can see who changes it. Now, I am going to change it, watch.....you can change the title when you post easily....

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

Thanks. Still don't think it is right though.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I agree, I don't either.

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif