ClubAdventist is back!

Palin Cleared In Troopergate

Report clears Palin in Troopergate probe

A report has cleared Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of ethics violations in the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Released Monday, the report says there is no probable cause to believe Palin or any other state official violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with the firing. The report was prepared by Timothy Petumenos, an independent counsel for the Alaska Personnel Board.

[text from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Wasn't there a previous investigation/ report that stated she DID violate the ethics act?

Is this a case of "run the investigation process again until you get the result you want?"

And what's with the timing, on the eve of the election?

thinkingbdunnodunosaywa

I dunno...I'm just a dumb foreigner...

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

Perhaps this might help, Aldona....

Associated Press Report

Quote:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Gov. Sarah Palin violated no ethics laws when she fired her public safety commissioner, the state personnel board concluded in a report released Monday.

[snip]

Palin initially said she would cooperate with the Legislature's probe. But after she became John McCain's running mate, she said the investigation had become too partisan and filed an ethics grievance against herself with the personnel board. Personnel board members are appointed by the governor, who can fire members for cause.

I believe that this is a situation where the fox is guarding the henhouse....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I don't think they want to sway current election based on something like that. But then again, I understand that slinging power is unethical... yet so is adultery. If I'd be in her shoes, I don't know what I would do... but I speculate that I'd do the same thing.

Wasn't there a previous investigation/ report that stated she DID violate the ethics act?

Is this a case of "run the investigation process again until you get the result you want?"

And what's with the timing, on the eve of the election?

thinkingbdunnodunosaywa

I dunno...I'm just a dumb foreigner...

aldona

1. No wrong doing ever found.

2. Palin stated as much all along

3. Hint -- there is a reason she is one of the most popular governors

4. Lot's of smoke and heat generated by the opposition only to fizzle in the light of day -- not too unusual for politicians operating on a "self-first country second" basis.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Report clears Palin in Troopergate probe

A report has cleared Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of ethics violations in the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Released Monday, the report says there is no probable cause to believe Palin or any other state official violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with the firing. The report was prepared by Timothy Petumenos, an independent counsel for the Alaska Personnel Board.

[text from link]

Praise God.

Time to put away all that election time mud slinging.

Go Palin/ McCain

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

One has to remember that Palin has rocked the boat a lot in Alaska. Democrats don't like her because she is Republican and many Republicans don't like her because she has exposed a lot of corruption within the party. So she has a lot of enemies on both sides of the aisle. We now see there was no wrong doing.

"No wrong doing...?"

The fact that this committee was appointed by Governor Palin and can be fired at her request, didn't make it onto your radar? We, the people, want different politics and here we see the same ol' "I'll scratch your back, now you scratch mine."....

Sheesh....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

It isn't about winning an election. For goodness sake, what about justice? This woman was butchered by those that disagree with her politically. Now she has been vindicated. She has to go home and run a state. She has a life, a family and people that depend on her. I am glad she can go home and get back to business having been vindicated.

The people who she runs, stand by her 100%, so I don't think that's going to be a problem. It's not about "vindication", but keeping elected officials accountable. They pull enough power around to defend themselves, and speak for themselves. It's the people at the bottom who would stand little chance. So, I would not worry about the "vindication".

She's done enough vindicating herself, while talking about Obama. So, I think it's fair game there.

In an effort to hold her accountable she has been vindicated. And let's remember her supposed "crime". She fired someone that was to serve at her pleasure. It was a political position she appointed him to. It would be like the President of the US firing the Attorney General.

Shane, the only people she has been vindicated is by her own cronies....That is not vindication...that's politics as usual....

That's not maverick material...That's the ol' boys network...And that's all she replaced was one ol' boys network for hers...

Take off the rose colored glasses...

George Bernard Shaw

Once again, she is in position of power, and a closer scrutiny is a given, even at the expense of "vindication". If she can't handle it, then she does not belong in politics... and I'm sure that she knows it. If you consider some of the political dirt poured on her opponent... such as Barak HUSSEIN Obama... and etc... the one that she faced was a minor one.

I am reminded of a saying that many with my culture like to say....

He who is faithful in small things, is probably faithful in large things....

Seems to me both ms Palin and B. Obama fit this saying quite well...

George Bernard Shaw

I have no problem with politicians getting investigated. The timing of this one was obviously political. But in the end she has been vindicated. Good for her. I am always happy to see an honest politician in the system.

I have no problem with politicians getting investigated. The timing of this one was obviously political. But in the end she has been vindicated. Good for her. I am always happy to see an honest politician in the system.

"Honest politician in the system" Boy, now there's an oxymoron.....honest politicain....and it's even applied to Sarah Palin....That's a bit much even for you, Shane...

George Bernard Shaw

Just think of how historic it would have been to have a woman as VP. But the nation is obviously still sexist.

I believe in Hematology.

Red... now... seriously! Palin is a self described feminist. When you worldview revolves around singling out a cause of gender... who is more sexist?

I'm not talking about the women equality here. What I'm talking about is a mandated equality where "inequality" has little to do with anything. There are some jobs than men will generally perform better. It's reality.

There are certain qualities that both women and men poses that complementary to each gender. The feminism movement is in fact sexist in nature, and it had done more damage than it's done any good. Without feminism movement we would hardly have the moral degradation we have today. Abortion rights are product of feminism essentially.

Yes. What do you think the world would have said if Obama lost?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I believe in Hematology.

And Hillary won???? Why, "Yay!" of course.

George Bernard Shaw

to McCain/Pallin

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Redwood

to McCain/Pallin

AS I have said, if obama wins, there will be dancing in the street...If McCain wins, it will be business as usual. Happy, probably, but not jubilant...

George Bernard Shaw