ClubAdventist is back!

Rove Suggests landslide win for Obama

Bradley Bradley Bradley

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Newspapers and pollsters have been wrong before:

1920050148.jpg

The United States presidential election of 1948 is considered by most historians as the greatest election upset in American history. Virtually every prediction (with or without public opinion polls) indicated that incumbent President Harry S. Truman would be defeated by Republican Thomas E. Dewey. (courtesy Wikipedia)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

A landslide is defined as wining the popular vote by double digits. I will indeed be surprised if Obama wins the popular vote by double digits. Winning the electoral college in a "landslide" isn't such a big deal.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

But Rove was talking about an electoral college landslide...

According to Wikipedia, "a landslide victory can be either over 55.5% of the popular vote or over 60% of the electoral vote."

Obama has won by a landslide based on that definition. Anything over 322 electoral votes is a landslide victory.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

An electoral landslide was predicted by many. However it isn't that distinguishing as many Presidents have won with electoral landslides. When we define a landslide as a double digit win of the popular vote we shorten the list considerably. There are only a few Presidents that have truly won in a landslide. What really sets up a landslide is the re-election of a popular President during prosperous times. If Obama can turn things around he may well win his re-election in a real landslide.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

This is the most interesting thing to happen in politics in a long time. I usually just gloss over what the media says about the white house and washington. Now I will be paying attention closely on a regular basis.

DB

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

This is the most interesting thing to happen in politics in a long time. I usually just gloss over what the media says about the white house and washington. Now I will be paying attention closely on a regular basis.

DB

I thought you might.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.