ClubAdventist is back!

Explain to me, please.....

President-elect Obama said a lot of things as a candidate that he will no doubt change his tune on as he receives daily and even hourly intelligence reports. He's going to be learning a lot of things he had no idea about before.

The above paragraph suggests that the president is privileged to receive information that the congress does not have.

Which brings me to a totally side issue, of how Bush AND congress can have the same information that caused the Iraq war?

I have maintained, based upon the above, that congress did NOT know all the details to the Iraq wars and was misinformed as well. Others here have maintained that congress was as fully informed as the president pertaining to Iraq.

There is a disparity of percieved information that both entitys are to have....

Please explain....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

From what I understand, only the senators and representatives that are on the respective intelligence committees are given the same intelligence briefings as the President is.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Neil, consider that hardly anyone had a chance to read the original Patriot Act before it was voted on. Today hundreds of legislation pieces are being rejected or passed before these even had a chance to be read.

Not to say that Congress does not read any bills, but the fact is that they don't read many.