ClubAdventist is back!

Kick Lieberman Out

Reid looking to remove Lieberman as committee head

Sen. Joe Lieberman's affiliation with Democrats was in question after a meeting Thursday with Majority Leader Harry Reid, steamed over the Connecticut independent's high-profile support of John McCain for president.

Reid, in a sternly worded statement after the 45-minute meeting, said no official decisions have been made. But an aide to the Nevada Democrat said Reid was leaning toward removing Lieberman as chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee...

Bouncing Lieberman from his committee post would require the approval of the Democratic caucus, which is expected to meet this month.

"I want to spend some time in the next few days thinking about what Sen. Reid and I discussed what my options are at this point," Lieberman said. "He promised me that he would do the same and we would continue these conversations."

Republicans have said they would welcome Lieberman to their caucus.

Democrats in the past had tolerated Lieberman's political straddling because he held their slim 51-49 majority in his hands. Now that Democrats have strengthened their hold in the Senate to at least 55 seats as a result of Tuesday's election, Lieberman no longer is vital to their majority control.

[text from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Yeah, one very good consequence of this election is the removal of Lieberman from the balance of power.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Um, Lieberman is a Democrat (well, sort of). Odd that *I* am being called partisan for having a go at a Democrat!

Truth is important

• Members

I would say that had Lieberman been McCain VP he might of had a better chance of winning. And had Obama had him as his VP there would not have been any question of who would win.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Lieberman is pro-choice. If Liberman had been the VP Dr. James Dobson would have told the religious right to stay home. Rush Limbaugh would have told his listeners to stay home. Ann Coulter would have told Republicans to vote for Obama. This is not my opinion. All three of these people publicly told McCain that is what they would do if he did not put someone pro-life on the ticket.

If Lieberman had been on the ticket Obama might have won by as much as 15% or 20%.

• Members

I don't believe that for one minute. Being of Jewish background I have many jewish relatives and friends who would have voted republican. Most Jews vote Demo, but would have voted repub. I know most wanted Obama to pick Leiberman.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

McCain could have gotten 100% of the Jewish vote and if the religious right sat home it wouldn't have been enough.

Quote:
Being of Jewish background...

At least now I understand why someone might actually believe that McCain didn't need the religious right or Limbaugh's audience to win.

Lieberman is pro-choice. If Liberman had been the VP Dr. James Dobson would have told the religious right to stay home. Rush Limbaugh would have told his listeners to stay home. Ann Coulter would have told Republicans to vote for Obama. This is not my opinion. All three of these people publicly told McCain that is what they would do if he did not put someone pro-life on the ticket.

If Lieberman had been on the ticket Obama might have won by as much as 15% or 20%.

Well, I guess we will never know, will we...

Personally, if McCain had stood up to Dobson and Rush and Coulter, I think that Dobson and Rush and Coulter would have been placed upon the "insignificant" or "traitor" list. They would have lost thier standing. True, the current list of players would probably been where they are today, but with a lot of selfish mud on each of these backers.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw