ClubAdventist is back!

Richard O'Ffill

Gail

• Administrators

I've never read any of his books yet.

I've heard that O'Ffill is on the conservative side. Is anyone familiar with his writing and views?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

He used to pastor the church I am at now ... so I had best keep quiet. And this may be the first time I've done that.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

He used to pastor the church I am at now ... so I had best keep quiet. And this may be the first time I've done that.

Can you send me a PM?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Sweet! Thanks for the feedback!

• Members

Isn't he down in Longwood Florida now? And also him as is wife do a show on 3abn. I've never read any of his books either.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

I've heard a couple of his series on American Cassett Ministries and he spoke at Campmeeting this past summer. He has some fantastic insights, and from what I heard he does seem to be your typical hardcore "Historic Adventist" however my persecption of him seems is that his solution to problems tends to be "Since this is wrong then the absolute and complete opposit must be right."

• Moderators

Here are Pastor O'Ffill's beliefs. They are very familiar. Looks good to me.

http://www.revivalsermons.org/beliefs.shtml

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Gail. Maybe I am going to have to rescind my impression.

Not the first time I've been wrong.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Gail. Maybe I am going to have to rescind my impression.

Not the first time I've been wrong.

What?? WHATTTT???

Yes Yes ... I was wrong. Let it be known. Let it be shouted from the mountain tops. REDWOOD Was WRONG. Say that ten times as fast as you can. (Has a certain ring to it huh)

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Redwood, what made you change your mind?

Checked out his web site after seeing that certain people were supporting him.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

I'm tempted to ask whether it was the website or the supporters that changed your mind, but if you'd answer that privately I'd be appreciative :)

I have spent time posting on www.revivalsermons.org. Most of the people who post there are quacks and hardcore EGW idolators.

However, Pastor O'ffill, though conservative and historic, is not one. He is fairly level headed and comes across to me in my correspondence with him, as a gentle person who can look at things rationally unlike most of the nutcases who post on his forum.

Thanks Guibox. I suspect you are right in your assessment of him and them. But why does he allow that to go on with his site?

I believe in Hematology.

Thanks Guibox. I suspect you are right in your assessment of him and them. But why does he allow that to go on with his site?

Probably because he believes in free speech just like we have some SDA conservatives here, more liberal SDA, those who don't believe in EGW or the organized church, people who are angry at the SDA church, those who work for the SDA church, agnostics etc etc. The views expressed don't reflect on either you nor I. :)

Originally Posted By: Redwood

Probably because he believes in free speech just like we have some SDA conservatives here, more liberal SDA, those who don't believe in EGW or the organized church, people who are angry at the SDA church, those who work for the SDA church, agnostics etc etc. The views expressed don't reflect on either you nor I. :)

thumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

Pastor O has gotten flack from some on the forum because he doesn't promote strict veganism and reads other Christian authors (on his own forum for Pete's sake!). However, I do believe that even Pastor O has his limits. One or two people that would not give up attacking the Trinity doctrine were finally banned from the forum even though the rest of their beliefs were historic Adventism.

Just to show how level headed he is, I am friends with one former-SDA who is allowed by Pastor O to post there. He respects Pastor O and has chosen to not to be argumentative but to uphold and preach the gospel. He is much more respectful than many of the quackventists there and has Pastor O's respect.

• 4 weeks later...

I too have spent time on his forum. I too found him to be a gentle patient soul. If I remember correctly, there are some there that hold truth up quite well and keep the balance fairly well. I get places mixed up at times. But this is how I recall it. I don't get there, or anywhere, as much as I wish I could. I really like it here however and hope to be able to come more. :)

Happy Sabbath Everyone!

In His Love, Marie

• Administrators

Just to show how level headed he is, I am friends with one former-SDA who is allowed by Pastor O to post there. He respects Pastor O and has chosen to not to be argumentative but to uphold and preach the gospel. He is much more respectful than many of the quackventists there and has Pastor O's respect.

I really enjoy conversing with conservatives if I don't have to deal with criticism. It gives me the space and freedom to ponder the words in my own head and come to my own conclusions. I respect that very much.

• 3 months later...

It's the legalism and judmentalism which follows that becomes 'dirty'.

I believe in Hematology.