ClubAdventist is back!

Will Obama resign over the Cover-up?

Barack Obama is not disclosing to the public the details about his staff's contact with the Gov. of Ill. The Senate Republicans and some Demos are calling for him to do this. But so far ... the coverup continues.

I have to wonder if soon ... we will hear calls for resignation before he is even in office.

It is always best to come clean ... or the story continues on and on. Come clean Mr. President Elect ....

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Kountzer

• Neil D

• Liz

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Uncle Red, it's going to be long four years for you isn't it? (((Big Hugs)))

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Thanks Liz. I am crossing my fingers for a resignation or impeachment ... either one. But, honestly ... it is going to be a long four years for the rest of the people on this forum ... having to hear me babble on and on about Obama. But, I am the official Obama Babbler.

You might want to pass on some sympathy to Uncle Neil.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Pass on sympathy to all of us, if you plan to attack Obama for the next four years!

Even Dubya is now trying to put behind him all this divisive stuff, of working Repubs against Dems. Let's stop dividing our country. Let's start working for a successful, United States. That's the way to really get things done.

Just because you yourself aren't out of work, or homeless, doesn't mean you shouldn't be supportive of the new laws to help the homeless and to create jobs. Why in the world would you want to oppose such things?!

Speaking negatively only makes you yourself feel depressed. [As well as all of us who read your comments.]

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

I think this whole thing is embarassing to the oncoming administration, but I don't think it is anywhere close to causing impeachment. None of the Sunday news shows mentioned anything at that level. As I have mentioned, I voted for Obama, but I never have seen him as anything more than politician. There's a little crookedness in all politicians.

DB

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

Redwood, you got nothing. You are worse than an Respiratory Terrorist whose weapons of mass destruction include hot air.....

CHICAGO -Barack Obama insists he didn't have any contact with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich or anyone else who might have been scheming to sell the president-elect's U.S. Senate seat. But he has not yet given his transition staff the same clean bill of health — perhaps with good reason.

An examination of the FBI complaint against Blagojevich and the days immediately following Obama's historic election victory suggests the governor was highly interested in Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett as a potential Senate appointee, albeit with a steep price tag.

The 76-page complaint contains multiple references to "Senate Candidate 1," whose description clearly fits Jarrett, a former finance chief for Obama's earlier campaigns and incoming senior White House adviser.

In secretly recorded conversations, the Democratic governor said he'd be willing to appoint Jarrett — Obama's supposed favorite to replace him — in return for a high-paying job at a national union organization called Change to Win.

At a news conference Thursday, Obama said his office was assembling any information about possible contacts "between the transition office and the governor's office," and that he intended to release any such detail in the next few days.

"But what I'm absolutely certain about is that our office had no involvement in any dealmaking around my Senate seat," Obama said. "That I'm absolutely certain of."

It remained unclear whether anyone on Obama's team had been in contact with Blagojevich or his associates regarding the Senate seat.

According to the complaint, Blagojevich met Nov. 5 with an official of the Service Employees International Union-Local 1 who is believed to be Tom Balanoff, a longtime Obama supporter who spoke at the Democratic National Convention.

Blagojevich "understood" that the SEIU official was "an emissary to discuss Senate Candidate 1's interest" in the Senate seat. Though just a day after the election, media reports had already identified Jarrett as being interested in the job.

SEIU officials released a statement Thursday saying the organization had been in contact with the U.S. attorney's office and had no reason to believe the union or any union official had been involved in misconduct. The statement said the union, and specifically Balanoff, were "fully cooperating" with the probe.

During a Nov. 5 call, Blagojevich said the Senate appointment was a thing of value, something not given away "for nothing."

Two days later, Blagojevich allegedly suggested he'd be willing to "trade" the Senate seat to Jarrett in exchange for the Health and Human Services secretary's job. He repeated that desire during a separate, three-way call involved Blagojevich, Chief of Staff John Harris and someone identified only as "Advisor B," a Washington-based consultant.

Harris noted that Blagojevich also would consider being appointed to a high-paying position at Change to Win and that Balanoff, who declined numerous requests for an interview with The Associated Press, could guarantee the appointment.

In return, Obama would be expected to help Change to Win with its legislative agenda on a national level, said Harris, according to the criminal complaint.

As the FBI listened in, Harris suggested the three-way deal would give Obama "a buffer so there is no obvious quid pro quo" regarding Jarrett. And "Adviser B" said "they should leverage the President-elect's desire to have Senate Candidate 1 appointed to the Senate seat" in exchange for a big job at Change to Win.

On Nov. 10, Blagojevich, his wife, Harris, the governor's chief counsel William R. Quinlan and several Washington-based advisers conducted an extraordinary two-hour conference call.

Blagojevich conceded he probably wouldn't get the HHS job or an ambassadorship because of so much negative publicity surrounding him.

Using several expletives, Blagojevich said he was reluctant to give Obama "his senator" without anything in return; he said he'd appoint a deputy governor before giving the job to Candidate 1. He also considered appointing himself to the job to avoid impeachment.

During the next 36 hours, the governor grew angry and suggested Obama's camp was not interested in making a deal.

"They're not willing to give me anything except appreciation. (Expletive) them," Blagojevich told Harris in an intercepted call Nov. 11. The men talked about alternative candidates and perhaps starting a nonprofit organization that could possibly be funded by a wealthy Obama supporter, perhaps Warren Buffett.

Asked Thursday why the governor might have believed the Obama camp wasn't going to cooperate, Obama refused to speculate.

"I can't presume to know what was in the mind of the governor during this process," he said. "All I can do is read what was in the transcripts, like the rest of you have read it, and shake my head."

On Nov. 12, major news organizations, including the AP, quoted sources as saying Jarrett was not interested in the Senate seat. The Chicago Tribune said it had received an e-mail from Jarrett declaring, "I am not interested in the Senate seat."

But as the day wore on, Blagojevich continued to discuss the possibility of appointing "Senate Candidate 1" in a series of calls; Blagojevich would stay on as governor and ostensibly run the nonprofit.

"Adviser B" told the governor he liked the Change to Win job best because "from the President-elect's perspective, there would be fewer `fingerprints'" because the union organization was already in existence and fully funded.

During one of the calls, Blagojevich informed the union official — believed to be Balanoff — that he'd heard Obama now wanted other candidates considered. Balanoff said he would find out if "Senate Candidate 1" wanted to keep pushing for the Senate seat.

In an appearance at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government on Thursday, David Axelrod, a senior Obama adviser, said Obama had intended from the start to have Jarrett in the White House, and that Jarrett withdrew from Senate contention once Obama made his feelings known.

"Valerie Jarrett is a longtime friend, adviser, very able person, and his preference was always that she serve in the White House, and ultimately he expressed that to her," The New York Times quoted Axelrod as saying. "That's why she made the decision. No one in their wildest imagination could have imagined the situation that ensued."

The discussion during a Nov. 13 call between the governor and "Adviser A" made it clear Blagojevich wanted a deal from Obama whether his pick was Jarrett or someone else, according to the complaint. And in subsequent recorded conversations, the governor indeed moved on to other possible candidates, including Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.

On Nov. 15, Obama announced the appointment of Jarrett as one of his key advisers. And yet nine days later, Blagojevich may not have given up on the idea that Jarrett was still his way to cash in: According to Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., he spoke to the governor about Jarrett on Nov. 24.

"The governor asked me, `What about Valerie Jarrett? Do you think she's serious?'" Durbin said, an apparent reference to her withdrawal from consideration.

"I said, `Yes, I talked to her. She said she doesn't want this. She's going to stick with Obama,'" Durbin said.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Well Neil while I don't always agree with you I have to say that I don't see Obama as guilty in this scenario. Just because someone tried to sell his seat doesn't mean he had anything to do with it.

I agree with you Taylor. It certainly does not mean that he is guilty. We just simply don't have the facts yet. But what LOOKS guilty is not disclosing the information about his staff having contact with the Governor.

Obviously ... we don't have enough info YET. All we have now is a cover-up. But Barack is the one who controls the cover-up. Only time will tell.

I think it is almost laughable how the Demos who we participating in the Bush Bashing the loudest ... are now pleading for 'peace'.

What is the definition of a Hypocrite?

Look ... all Obama has to do is to come clean. He says he had no contact with Gov. Blago about who would be Senator. Obamas Chief of Staff says that Obama did talk about who would be the Senator with the Governor. So now we have to determine who is telling the truth.

Many here have called our President a liar ... but now that the President Elect's honesty is being pulled into question ... these Demos are crying foul. Strange Hypocrisy.

I believe in Hematology.

I agree with you Taylor. It certainly does not mean that he is guilty. We just simply don't have the facts yet. But what LOOKS guilty is not disclosing the information about his staff having contact with the Governor.

Obviously ... we don't have enough info YET. All we have now is a cover-up. But Barack is the one who controls the cover-up. Only time will tell.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

What does "Gmab" mean?

duh.

never mind. smiley_snowball.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
That's because your president, who you voted for, IS a liar. It's documented, and it's cost America it's PR, ruined the ecomony to the brink of distruction, brought us to a major war in two different countrys, polluted our country for corporate greed, and severely curtailed our protected rights under the constitution in the name of national security.

GWB ... God Bless your great work for this country.

And may the opposite happen for those who call you a liar.

I believe in Hematology.

Yes. Good Point.

Wonder Wonder Wonder

Wonder Wonder Wonder.

Why not just come clean Obama.

Lets just end this.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

If it is proved that Obama and his staff knew of criminal behavior or of plans to commit crimes, yet he did or said nothing about it, how will that look?

Obama came out of the Chicago machine, or combine, and he had close political ties with all of the actors in this "pay for play" scheme.

It appears that when Obama saw evidence of the governor's intentions, Obama merely took Jerret out of the running because he didn't want her close to that activity. But if he knew what was happening, did Obama report it to the FBI? If he didn't, at the very least it makes him look very bad indeed.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

The 'appearance' of evil is certainly there. And all Obama has to do is to come clean. Come clean man ... Come clean.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

'Tis sounding like a soap commercial.... oregonian_showersmile.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

The 'appearance' of evil is certainly there. And all Obama has to do is to come clean. Come clean man ... Come clean.

Again, WHAT appearance of evil is there on Obama part?

The man accused of perpetrating the selling of Obama's office has been taped saying that Obama's and his camp would be "appreciative" of his appointing someone from his staff. However, the man WANTS MONEY, NOT APPRECIATION.

You guys think that Obama is guilty because of his "religion" because his middle name is Hussan. Then you guys think he's guilty because since his pastor 'hates america' he hates America. Then you guys think he's guilty because his neighborhood includes a former well known terrorist that he aquainted with terrorists....Now, because Obama comes from the state of Illinois, and went thru the political machine there, he must be guilty because he's from illinois. You guys really are shameful as "united" americans...truely you are.

But for you who need MORE proof that Obama needs to come clean, here is his report.

Obama clears himself and staff in Blagojevich case

The president-elect says an internal review shows there were no inappropriate conversations with the Illinois governor about who would fill the vacant Senate seat.

By Christi Parsons and John McCormick

December 16, 2008

Reporting from Washington and Chicago -- Barack Obama said Monday that an internal investigation had found his staff had no inappropriate conversations with Illinois Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich over who would succeed the president-elect in the Senate.

But Obama said the review of his staff's contacts would not be made public until next week at the request of federal prosecutors, who are investigating Blagojevich for allegedly putting Obama's Senate seat up for sale.

"I had no contact with the governor's office and I had no contact with anybody in the governor's office," Obama said at a news conference called to introduce his energy and environment team. He said the review showed the Blagojevich scandal "had nothing to do with my office."

Obama's comments came as Illinois state lawmakers moved to impeach Blagojevich. The Illinois House voted 113 to 0 to create an investigations committee to consider allegations that the governor, a Democrat, had abused his office.

"We plan to proceed without delay," said House Speaker Michael J. Madigan, who is also head of the state's Democratic Party.

In addition to allegedly trying to enrich himself through his power to name Obama's Senate successor, Blagojevich is accused in a criminal complaint of scheming to exchange state favors for campaign funds and of plotting to get Chicago Tribune editorial writers fired for writing pieces critical of him.

And, for ya'll to look over, here is the LINK

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Quote:
If it is proved that Obama and his staff knew of criminal behavior or of plans to commit crimes, yet he did or said nothing about it, how will that look?

If it is proved that Obama and his staff were completely, 100% innocent in this matter, but the right-wing press, blogs and people here hounded innocent people to score cheap political points, how will that look?

Truth is important

I read the political attacks on Obama here, sometimes, and I try to figure out if they are indeed being voiced by more creditable sources, or if I am dealing with some sort of msg board lunatic fringe. So I google the topics at hand, I google the name Obama, and I see no articles or op/ed pieces remotely suggesting his impeachment is anywhere close. Then maybe I google something like Illinois governor, and I see a lot of stuff, but I don't see a smoking gun tying the Prez elect directly to the mess. So I conclude that here I am dealing with the latter rather than the former.

DB

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

I read the political attacks on Obama here, sometimes, and I try to figure out if they are indeed being voiced by more creditable sources, or if I am dealing with some sort of msg board lunatic fringe. So I google the topics at hand, I google the name Obama, and I see no articles or op/ed pieces remotely suggesting his impeachment is anywhere close. Then maybe I google something like Illinois governor, and I see a lot of stuff, but I don't see a smoking gun tying the Prez elect directly to the mess. So I conclude that here I am dealing with the latter rather than the former.

DB

DB, sometimes it is best if you just let my two uncles fight it out in the sand box. They seem to really enjoy it, but if one steps in and tries to make sense of what they are fighting about, one tends to get sand in one's eyes.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Quote:
Obama clears himself and staff in Blagojevich case

This is really funny. Notice ... "OBAMA clears HIMSELF"

This is reminiscent of the Richard Nixon declarations ...

" I am not a crook."

I believe in Hematology.

Oh brother.....

First you want him to clear himself, and then when he does, you tie that to Nixon....

Well, Nixon was a republican....and he was a crook....That just about says it all...Nixon, a republican and a crook....republican and crook Republican and crook..Republicans are crooks...

Yup, that just about says it all...

George Bernard Shaw

Well eventually it may be investigated....just like his birth-certificate was...and it was found that he was an American so it will likely be found that just becuase it involves his "seat" doesn't mean he was involved in the corruption.

The court battles over his birth certificate are not over. Many states are also challenging this problem of his.

But the truth is that Obama has not released the facts. He has just declared himself to be innocent. WOW !!!

I believe in Hematology.

The birth certificate is moot. The Supreme Court has refused to look at the case. And the lower courts have ruled in Obama's favor.

As for your declaration that Obama declaring himself cleared...I am reminded of a Man who lamented the Pharisees. Matt 11:16-19 "To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

" 'We played the flute for you,

and you did not dance;

we sang a dirge

and you did not mourn.' For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."

George Bernard Shaw