ClubAdventist is back!

Will Obama resign over the Cover-up?

He's from chicago, it was the illinois governor, the senate seat is in illinois. You can't exactly go get someone from Wisconsin to fill an Illinois senate seat.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Kountzer

• Neil D

• Liz

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama can appoint people from anywhere in the Nation ... He is not limited to Illinois.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

You do bring up a good point. Anyone can be named ... they just have to move quickly. Ha Ha

I believe in Hematology.

The name alone will get her the position. Politics is very shallow. It is all about image. But to me the Kennedy means one thing ... a murderer.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

It's probably hers for the asking, practically. I'm sure she'll get it. She'll doubtless do well at it. Her uncle Robert had the same seat.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Do you think that if she gets the senate seat, then she will run for president one day?

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

To be a senator in a state a person has to have established residency in that state.

Frederick Douglass

Good Point dgrimm60 ...

I would also add that if you are a Kennedy ... the rules find a way of working themselves out.

I believe in Hematology.

It is just now coming up that Obama endorsed Gov. Blagojevitch. Also ... Obama's chief of staff was an advisor for the Governor. The plot is thickening. What new revelations will come out next?

I believe in Hematology.

dgrimm60 ... I think this is just the beginning. I is like opening up an onion. We will find out more and more as time goes on.

So, I ask the question again ... Will Obama resign ???

He would certainly make history .... being the first to resign before becoming President.

I believe in Hematology.

Yes. I suppose it does take time. It took awhile for Nixon to realize it was all over. Obama may do the same. Oh well ...

I believe in Hematology.

New Report shows that Obama's Chief of Staff spoke with Governor Blagojevich's Chief of Staff and made 'recommendations' of who would be good for Obama's Senate as far as Obama was concerned.

Hmmmmmmm

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Huh? How does something the governor of NM did reflect on the president-elect at all?

You guys are streeetching...

Truth is important

• Moderators

Ah, OK, Bill Richardson will be Commerce Secretary in the Obama administration. Fair enough.

So how about we wait for a little due process? All we know at this stage is that a company donated to Richardson's campaign and also did some business in the state. Space for evil surmisings, I guess, but zero evidence of any wrong-doing at this point.

If he's shown to have acted improperly, by all means call for his firing, but the allegation is not the proof: if we jumped at every allegation the business of government would stop entirely.

Truth is important

As I mentioned before, if a senator becomes prez elect, he doesn't just go skipping off to D.C., without exercising some sort of influence on who fills the vacant senate seat. That's basic politics 101. As Cokie Roberts on 'this week..called it, that's political malpractice. Criminality comes in if some sort of pay for play scheme is hatched. Ill. gov blag said in tsped conversation that the incoming administration only offered him appreciation. He was taped uttering a choice expletive in response to that. I believe Obama and his administration have cleared this controversy.

DB

Frederick Douglass

As I mentioned before, if a senator becomes prez elect, he doesn't just go skipping off to D.C., without exercising some sort of influence on who fills the vacant senate seat. That's basic politics 101. As Cokie Roberts on 'this week..called it, that's political malpractice. Criminality comes in if some sort of pay for play scheme is hatched. Ill. gov blag said in tsped conversation that the incoming administration only offered him appreciation. He was taped uttering a choice expletive in response to that. I believe Obama and his administration have cleared this controversy.

DB

The problem here, Kountzer, is that rabid republicans, and rabid nay-sayers, have all a terminal case of myopia here.

I think there are precidents that show that Republican elects, having the same problems as current demos, didn't have the hoopla that we are experiencing here. And those elected officails can make suggestions on who they think would be good choices...and of course, they suggest those that will benefit thier administrations....but with this hoopla of rabid republicans in this forum, you are going to see an avalance of nay-saying and pooh-hooing.....

But I do agree....There is no crminality here on the Obama's administration's part....It's just a bunch of sore loosers who didn't get thier way and don't care to understand our current situation....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

DB

Ha Ha .... This is funny. The headlines are .... Obama clears himself!!! lol lol

Of course he is going to say "I am not a crook" "I am not a crook". And we all are suppose to be impressed? I am going to wait for due process before I declare him innocent.

I believe in Hematology.

What I find interesting is that when it was George Bush being President .... all the Demos declared him to be a liar before any due process. Now .... even though the evidence is clear ... the cries of "I am not a crook" prevail.

I believe in Hematology.

I mentioned this during the election, during the primaries even, if the obama critics on the msg board could stop him, they would of done it long time ago. Except for the 30 or so folks that frequent this place, and the even less that pay attention to what u have to say, no one else really cares.

DB

Frederick Douglass

What I find interesting is that when it was George Bush being President .... all the Demos declared him to be a liar before any due process. Now .... even though the evidence is clear ... the cries of "I am not a crook" prevail.

I am getting tired of this stuff....put up solid evidence or cease speculations...You have been at this for over 6 weeks on a daily basis....either put up or shut up....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

What can I say .... The man has declared himself innocent. And you believe him. Wow. Just Wow.

I believe in Hematology.

What can I say .... The man has declared himself innocent. And you believe him. Wow. Just Wow.

Yeah, I believe the man....unless you can give some evidence, HARD evidence, not to..

But this unreasonable speculation is just lounacy.

George Bernard Shaw

Political journalists love to build people up then pull them down. It's human nature I guess. It doesn't matter if they are democrat of republican. I don't see anything on google that remotely suggests that Obama's presidency is in trouble. They are pulling away from this issue. that leads me to believe that it is a non issue.

Frederick Douglass

An example:

Governor scandal unlikely to drag Obama down

Ian Munro in New York

December 26, 2008

Advertisement

AMERICA'S economic crisis will probably extinguish any attempts to continue to link the president-elect, Barack Obama, to the unfolding scandal surrounding the Illinois Governor, Rod Blagojevich, observers say.

An internal report prepared by Mr Obama's incoming White House counsel, Greg Craig, has cleared his transition team of any improper contact with Blagojevich, who is facing federal corruption charges, including allegations that he tried to sell Mr Obama's vacant Senate seat.

The report revealed that, along with his chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, Mr Obama had been interviewed for two hours by federal investigators looking into the Blagojevich scandal.

But the report's release added little substance to what had been leaked earlier. It confirmed that Mr Emanuel had had "one or two" conversations with Blagojevich and four conversations with the Governor's adviser, John Harris, in which various candidates for the vacancy were discussed. It added that neither Mr Emanuel, Mr Obama nor any staff had talks about Blagojevich profiting from appointing someone to the seat.

Conservative commentators have questioned the value of the report as an internal, and possibly self-serving, document.

The former Bush White House strategist Karl Rove said there were still questions to be answered over contact between Blagojevich and Mr Obama's staff, but others said the economy and jobs were more pressing concerns.

Professor Larry Sabato of the University of Virginia said the prosecutor, Patrick Fitzgerald, had given every indication that the affair did not involve anyone in the Obama team.

"Of course, they talked about the Senate seat. Who wouldn't? Obama's programs are going to need every vote they can get. Of course, they had an interest in it," Professor Sabato said.

"The only thing that would be improper would be if anything would be offered for an appointment [but] the facts matter in this. If there was no attempt to barter the Senate seat then there's nothing here.

"I doubt it goes any further. He has got the strong support of Americans, including many Republicans who voted for [John] McCain, because they really want him to succeed on the economy. Right now people have better things to worry about."

A Republican Party consultant, Dave Woodard, said Mr Obama's rapid rise in the "jungle of in-fighting" of Chicago politics caused some suspicion, but voters wanted him to act on the economy.

"There's an urgency. [People] are facing a lot of problems and there's a lot of hope he will address them," he said. "It seems to me people are willing themselves to follow him."

The report showed that Mr Emanuel had recommended a close Obama adviser, Valerie Jarrett, for the Senate vacancy when he rang Blagojevich to advise that he would be vacating his own House of Representatives seat as a member for Illinois.

Some days later Ms Jarrett took a job in the White House and Mr Obama then discussed other candidates with his advisers. A pool of four candidates was passed on to the Governor. At no time was there any discussion of a personal benefit for the Governor, the report said.

Before she declined the Senate seat, Ms Jarrett spoke to a health services union official who said that Blagojevich had raised the prospect of leading Mr Obama's Health and Human Services Department. Neither Ms Jarrett nor the union official saw the Governor's possible elevation as a pay-off for selecting the right person for the Senate spot, the report said.

But Mr Rove told Fox Television that while the report did not suggest anything unethical had occurred, Mr Obama had been more involved than he had previously revealed.

"There are lots of questions still remaining here," he said.

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/12/25/1229998659724.html

Frederick Douglass