ClubAdventist is back!

Striking Deep Into Israel, Hamas Employs an Upgraded Rocket Arsenal

Neil D

• Moderators

Right. And there was also the deal that the UN offered to the Palestinians about 1948 which they rejected. If they had accepted it, there probably would have been peace. That deal called for them to share Jerusalem with the Jews, and they didn't want to do that. I'm sure many of the Palestinians wish they had that offer again. It was a pretty good one.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fccool

• phkrause

• Dr. Shane

• John317

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Have you ever read the book "With Lawrence of Arabia" by Lowell Thomas? Its better than Lawrence of Arabia. It has a lot of good info about stuff about WWI and events leading up to dividing Palestine between the Arabs and the Jews. The Arabs rejected dividing the land than. That's when the British tried fixing the problem, and than WWII, and its still a mess today.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Currently the Palestinians could have the Gaza Strip and the West Bank if they would stop electing terrorists to their government.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

Not only Gaza and the West Bank, but I believe that they could expand and move freely throughout Israel. But as long as they cater to Hamas they will never be free!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Quote:
Currently the Palestinians could have the Gaza Strip and the West Bank if they would stop electing terrorists to their government.

So the US is willing to go to war to spread democracy to the Middle East, but if the results of the democratic elections that are held go the 'wrong' way...

Sorry, democracy isn't that kind of system.

Truth is important

No, that is not what is being said.

This is what is being said. If a democracy elects warmongers to be their government leaders, then people in the democracy have no reason to complain when their warmongering leaders take them to war.

If, however, the people of a democracy elect leaders that desire peace to be their government leaders, than they can expect a greatly decreased possibility of war.

Palestinians can elect who they want. But they must live (or die) with the consequences of their decision.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Just asking, I wonder if all the citizens of Palestine voted in the election, or rather, if all were

eligible to vote. I am just asking this, I do not know the answer.

• Members

Not sure that they did. But since we don't really know I'll have to say they probably did. I believe that they are being lied to so not sure what they based there thinking to vote on.

To add to what Shane said, I don't believe that the Palestinians have a democracy like Israel does. I get this Jewish/Christian pamphlet about once a month or so. This Arab journalist wrote a article in it on how he admires the Jewish state. They've been around for only 50 years and they have advanced in every way possible while all the arab countries around them have done nothing to improve themselves. And one of the things that he admired the most was there democracy and there judicial system. I think at the time they put some high official on trail for doing something bogus ( don't remember who and for what), but he mentioned that that would never happen in any arab country.

pk

phkrause

From the news that I remember .... Hamas 'bought' the votes by promising all kinds of social programs if they would vote for them. Not sure that materialized .... but then of course ... some of those people promised to ... are now dead at the hands of Israel bombs.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Might be a two front war now with rockets fired from Lebanon.

Too early to know if it was Hezbollah. There are some Palestinian groups in Lebanon that contain the same Katyusha rockets that Hezbollah used in the '06 war and that were the ones fired.

• Members

Its probably Hezbollah because they have already said they will get involved. And than Israel said they would protect themselves against them also.

pk

phkrause