ClubAdventist is back!

Who were the Nephilim...???

tribeofjudah

Has anyone here read the Book of Enoch? 

This apocryphal Jewish text was read / quoted by the Apostles. The text demonstrates what the common Jew believed during the time of Christ's ministry and the Apostolic Church. The story of the rich man and Lazarus is literally straight out of the Book of Enoch. The idea of fallen angels mixing their flesh with that of humans aligns with Ellen White and her understanding that the angels (to include the fallen ones) were made out of "flesh". These fallen angels are also described as teaching mankind how to pervert God's creation sinning against the birds, beasts, reptiles and fish. 

The Book of Enoch posits that the reason the flood was brought on was because fallen angels "taught" or instructed mankind in evil sciences which assisted in the corruption of humanity and the earth itself. 

It's an interesting read to be sure. 

56 minutes ago, Gustave said:

The idea of fallen angels mixing their flesh with that of humans aligns with Ellen White and her understanding that the angels (to include the fallen ones) were made out of "flesh".

What?  Angels can not reproduce.  EGW says what?

Not the same.  We can only reproduce with out own kind. That's the law of reproduction according to the Lord in Genesis.

Lizards are made out  of flesh too. So are puppies. 

40 minutes ago, Theophilus said:

What?  Angels can not reproduce.  EGW says what?

Not the same.  We can only reproduce with out own kind. That's the law of reproduction according to the Lord in Genesis.

Lizards are made out  of flesh too. So are puppies. 

The alignment I was referencing was that Ellen taught that The Father was a flesh, bone & organ hominid, so to with Michael & Lucifer the archangels. Where are you seeing in Genesis that reproduction was "a law"? Clearly everything God created was perfect and designed to live in a certain way and interact with other things in a certain or perfect way. After sin was introduced, this all changed. 

Now, I'm not saying I believe that fallen angels provided early hominids with the knowledge to tamper with species and create oddities - I'm just saying that is what Ellen White believed and that belief isn't repudiated by the Book of Enoch.