ClubAdventist is back!

EGW and inspiration

Stan

Quote:
you will not have the added benefit of the messages especially for our time

I'll catch up when I get to heaven.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• Woody

• Robert

• fccool

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think this is exactly what Rob has been saying, that if he doesn't except EGW he will not be saved. I do not believe that that is true. For myself, she would be the first that I would read to see what she has to say. But there are others that I enjoy reading, like Morris Vendon, Doug Batchelor, etc. I also believe that Rob has mentioned Jack S. and others. But I think this is a problem when people tell others that if they do not accept EGW they are lost.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I agree pk. It is the Nightingales' type comments that have frightened Rob away from the Adventist Church. And I don't blame him. If I thought what Nightingale has said was true ... I would run from the Adventist Church also. (Dragging Blanche with me)

I believe in Hematology.

I agree pk. It is the Nightingales' type comments that have frightened Rob away from the Adventist Church. And I don't blame him. If I thought what Nightingale has said was true ... I would run from the Adventist Church also. (Dragging Blanche with me)

I've learned that if you do not learn the gospel...if you do not understand God's love, but instead focus on the "little red books" you'll become a monster! Why? Because EGW's main focus is on Christian living (sometimes to the extreme) and if you don't understand those things I mentioned you'll most definitely become a self-appointed judge in matters concerning the law. In other words you'll become a mean-spirited Pharisee. Been there, done that.

• Members

The way I have been taught is that if you reject EGW you may forfeit heaven because you will not have the added benefit of the messages especially for our time, not because God refuses to save those who do not accept her. There is a reason God chose to give us these messages after the Bible. I think there will be other prophets in the last days. Will we recognize them?

That's one of the scariest things I've ever read about the writings of EGW...unfortunately, I think that's how my schooling about her transpired as well.....

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Originally Posted By: Nightingale

The way I have been taught is that if you reject EGW you may forfeit heaven because you will not have the added benefit of the messages especially for our time, not because God refuses to save those who do not accept her. There is a reason God chose to give us these messages after the Bible. I think there will be other prophets in the last days. Will we recognize them?

That's one of the scariest things I've ever read about the writings of EGW...unfortunately, I think that's how my schooling about her transpired as well.....

Am thinking you had uninformed teachers...

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

This was back in the late 70's and 80's, and was a big reason why I left the church. Nobody went to the Bible if there was a question about anything - they always consulted "the SDA oracle"... Ellen White. It was a sick religious culture I realize now..

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

thumbsup

Glad you now realize it. Your experience will arm you with protection against the ultra conservatives alive and well still. They call it 'traditional Adventism' but really it is not. It is a hijacked version of Adventism.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Redwood one thing I'm certain of is no one would ever turn me away from the SDA church. Our church, as also other churches, are not perfect that's for sure. But I do realize that as far as following the truths of the Bible and just the Bible the SDA church follows the closest. That's not to say that for those who want to worship where they will fill closer to the Lord, that is fine with me. Because the Lord knows what's in our hearts, and no one should judge. I know a few that have done this, but eventually they have come back.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thank pk. You make a very good point here.

I believe in Hematology.

This was back in the late 70's and 80's, and was a big reason why I left the church. Nobody went to the Bible if there was a question about anything - they always consulted "the SDA oracle"... Ellen White. It was a sick religious culture I realize now..

Then you and I have something in common, huh?

Rob

By their 'fruits' you will know the 'nuts'.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

If that wasn't so true, it would be funny....

• Moderators

... simply EGW saying that the spirit should tell them what they 'ought' to do.

"The Lord calls for a decided reformation. And when a soul is truly reconverted, let him be rebaptized. Let him renew his covenant with God, and God will renew His covenant with him." (Evangelism, p. 375. Written in 1903)

The Bible does not teach in opposition to rebaptizism and Ellen White taught that "when a soul is truly reconverted, let him be rebaptized." See the Seventh-day Adventist Church Manual, pp. 42-44 (2005, 17th Edition).

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

The Bible does not speak in favor of rebaptism for those who have been correctly baptized by immersion.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

The Bible does not address the issue. Since it does not address the issue, it cannot be rightly said that Ellen White is contradicting the Bible when she says, "Let the reconverted be rebaptized."

The Bible test is not that a prophet must only say what is already in the Bible. The test is whether the prophet contradicts previous revelation. In this case, God didn't previously reveal anything about rebaptism.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Symbolically ... rebaptism does not make any sense to me personally. It actually shows 'lack' of faith.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: John317
The test is whether the prophet contradicts previous revelation

According to whose interpretation?

Rob

It comes down to each individual in the church studying these things for himself and deciding under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I can't decide for you and you can't decide for me. It wouldn't be good for you to decide to accept her as a prophet on the basis of someone else's say-so.

Of course the decision-- whatever it is-- has consequences.

• Moderators

Symbolically ... rebaptism does not make any sense to me personally. It actually shows 'lack' of faith.

No SDA who was rebaptized has ever convinced you that his/her decision was right?

Water baptism is only meaningful if it's preceded or accompanied by Spirit baptism and true conversion. Without the Spirit, water baptism is just an empty ritual. If a person hasn't died to sin, he is buried alive. His "old sinful man" never died. Guess who will be raised out of the watery grave? The same old sinful person. Should it be any wonder that there will be no change?