ClubAdventist is back!

Original Thoughts - Very Interesting

SherryLee

I like original thoughts! Sometimes they can be very provocative. Other times they make no sense at all. So how does one go about sharing an original thought on here?

My "original thought" that I feel is original is "It is not the color of a man's skin that makes him what he is, but rather the color of his heart".

More on this later!

SherryLee

SherryLee

• Administrators

I think you just did it. Just go for and expand on your thought about true colors of the heart...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

Good question COC!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

I've always been interested in Martin Luther King's statement in the 'I Have A Dream' speech where he says a man will be judged not by the colour of his skin but by the content of his character.

I think in many ways our society has fled from some of the bad, racist judgements that we used to make of people in the past, but instead of heading in the direction Dr King described, we've run away from judgement all together. Any form of judgement of another is frowned upon.

And judging by external criteria like skin colour, nationality, accent, sex, looks and so on is indeed wrong. But rather than eschew all judgement, perhaps we should move back to judging a man by the content of his character. Of course, that requires knowing someone well, not snap judgements...

Truth is important

• Members

Yes bravus very good post. I'm glad that God is doing the judging as far as character and what's in our hearts. But I guess there are times that we will have to judge someone, and lets hope that it will be based on something other than the color of skin, race, religion, etc. Like lets say we are selected to be on a jury.

How many people have been convicted because of who they are rather than what they have or have not done!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

But don't we know who they are because of what they do (or have not done)?

It seems to me that the color of a persons heart is only known by their "fruits", in other words, by their actions.

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)

• Members

Good thought lineman.

pk

phkrause

The "snap judgements" commented on by Bravus are kind of the same as "first impressions" I think. Like Bravus said, we really don't know who they are.

I have come to the conclusing that the reason books are kept in heaven is so that you and I will have a way to get to "know" a persons heart color and be able to judge wisely.

• Members

Another good post Lineman. I also believe that the purpose of the books will be for us to see that the way the God judged was correct. Because we can only see the outside, God looks at the heart.

pk

phkrause

Growing up as a child, I knew no color barriers. This was not something I learned until much later in life.

No judgment is needed here to tell the color of a man's heart. Some men are just plain wicked, while others are basically good men.

It's not the petty little differences that need judging, but the overall tenor of a man's life.

Put away the judgment, and don't look at the skin color, but rather seek the smile and the expression in the eyes, as the eyes are the windows of the soul, and be willing to give of yourself to bring out the good in another.

If a man's heart is "black" no matter what color skin he has, it will manifest itself. If a man's heart is open & willing, it too will manifest itself. In other words don't judge a book by it's cover, or a man by his skin, but rather by the imprint of his life.

SherryLee

SherryLee

Sorry, I have to disagree that "no judgement is needed here". You said that some men's hearts are just plain wicked, but how do we know? Only by looking at what they have done in the past can we know if a person is wicked or not.

We can look at a person's outward appearance and get one opinion, but get a totally different picture when we see the heart's "color" as seen in their actions. I have seen people who look "frightening" on the outside, yet who's heart was very Christ-like once you got to know them.