ClubAdventist is back!

Long-Winded

HEY RUDYWOOFS

YES PRESIDENT FORD did hit some one with a golf ball

and I remember that president FORD stumble down AIRFORCE

ONE steps a couple of times....

dgrimm60

Anyone who hits someone with a golf ball ... needs to have their head examined.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• phkrause

• Dr. Shane

• Bravus

HEY ALL

WELL HE is just getting started he has only been

in office for 34 days give him a time maybe after

his 100 days in office the comedies may start in on him.....

dgrimm60

I've noticed that he has been getting a honeymoon ... but I hope it ends quickly.

I believe in Hematology.

Since being hit with a golf ball on the golf course .... I don't remember much.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Who redwood? The guy who the ball or the guy who got hit with the ball? :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

I don't either Redwood. Do you remember VP Chaney, didn't he shoot someone or did he get shot?

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

He was the shooter. His friend was the shootee. But then I don't remember. Honestly ... I was hit by a golf ball on the golf course when I was young. But it wasn't by anyone important ... so I didn't sue.

I believe in Hematology.

The media anointed him as the 'promised one' as soon as he beat Hillary in the primaries. He simply could do no wrong.

I believe you are referring to the mainstream media. What Bravus was referring to was the left-wing media, and I think he is right that Bush was never critiqued as strongly by the right-wing this early in the game as Obama has been by the left-wing. The left-wing media has been pretty tenacious about holding Obama's feet to the fire.

Examples of that claim, please?

You cannot possibly be referring to the NYT, Boston Globe, Frisco Examiner, LA Times, Chicago Sun-Times, Washington Post, Miami Herald, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, PBS, MSNBC, moveon.org, the Huffington Post... and on and on. None of these I mentioned are nowhere near mainstream. The lean heavily left and do nothing but praise their master.

Examples of that claim, please?

You cannot possibly be referring to the NYT, Boston Globe, Frisco Examiner, LA Times, Chicago Sun-Times, Washington Post, Miami Herald, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, PBS, MSNBC, moveon.org, the Huffington Post... and on and on. None of these I mentioned are nowhere near mainstream. The lean heavily left and do nothing but praise their master.

Ya Got THAT right.

thumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I already gave several examples. Glenn Greenwald, writing on Salon.com, which you didn't list but which most people would put firmly within that consortium. And I don't understand the American TV network alphabet soup, but suspect the Daily Show is on one of the stations you listed (you could have saved keystrokes by just writing 'everyone but Fox').

Truth is important

(you could have saved keystrokes by just writing 'everyone but Fox')

Now you're on target. I don't read salon.com, so I really can't speak to that. I suspect they are in the back seat of the Obama love-mobile, too. I think saying that all left-wing media is 100% in love with 'O' would be inaccurate, so I'm sure one can find an example or two of disagreement. Would you believe 98%?

• Members

I'm not sure KeyGuy, from what I remember when Bush first took over after all the heat that Clinton was getting for all his indiscretions, the people or I should say the media were quiet for a change. That's not saying that he had it easy. And I was surprised that when he was thinking of going into Iraq that he didn't get hammered to bad. But as soon as some soldiers started to die it all changed for Bush. But even through all that he still won a 2nd term. But the media never let up. Obama hadn't even took over the office and he was hammered for either doing that or not doing this. So far he doesn't look like he's allowed it to bother him!

pk

phkrause

• Members

I agree with that but they've done a complete 180 as soon as he won, and they haven't let up since. And don't tell me that Hannity has given Obama one iota of a break. He has not said one good thing about Obama yet. I listen to Fox more than any other news show and each and everyone of the anchors blast Obama.

every once in awhile they say something nice.

pk

phkrause

pk ... when did they say something nice. I will have to complain about that if it actually happened. That is an outrage. I listen to Fox to hear complaints ... not 'nice'.

Actually ... I think people voted for Obama because he is black ... not because they actually thought he was qualified, experienced or the best candidate. Sorry.

The other option is that those like Rush and Hannity have actually changed the minds of people finally.

I believe in Hematology.

I already gave several examples. Glenn Greenwald, writing on Salon.com, which you didn't list but which most people would put firmly within that consortium.

Yes, he was on Democracy Now the other day. I would say about half the guests on DN are outspokenly unhappy with Obama for following so much in GW's footsteps. The rest say we should give him some time and see what he does. But not too many are huge Obama fans. Amy Goodman does not seem to be terribly in awe of Obama. I have a feeling most of the truly left wingers voted a third party.

And I do not consider the mainstream networks to be left wing - not at all. In fact, I think that would be almost impossible considering they are run by big business, which is pretty conservative. If they were left wing, or even liberal, they would be speaking out against Israel and AIPAC, but I believe they are not allowed to do so.

• Members

I partially agree with you. I think they wanted a change to the other party. Just like 8 years ago they got tired of the democrats. I believe Redwood this country has been doing this at most elections. The media controls the info that we receive, and we vote based on that info. Obviously Bush couldn't run again but the country wanted change so they got it. No matter who's in office or running the country, I have to believe that God is in control.

pk

phkrause

I partially agree with you. I think they wanted a change to the other party. Just like 8 years ago they got tired of the democrats. I believe Redwood this country has been doing this at most elections. The media controls the info that we receive, and we vote based on that info. Obviously Bush couldn't run again but the country wanted change so they got it. No matter who's in office or running the country, I have to believe that God is in control.

pk

thumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

The mainstream media on the US has a liberal slant to it but they are not off-the-chart liberal like many radical, left-wing websites are. So if a person is way out in the far-left fringe, getting their information for radical, left-wing websites, they are going to look at the media and not see any liberal bias. To them, the liberal-leaning, mainstream media is far to the right of where they are. So to them, the mainstream media is to the right or "conservative". If we draw a line with a middle point and than graph all the media sources out there including both liberal and conservative websites, the major networks, talk radio and print media I think it will become evident that the major networks and newspapers in the US are to the left of the middle but there are plenty of website much further left still.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Fox News, 11/01/06

"I have long thought the mainstream media is decidedly left wing. Now there's proof.

The Center for Media and Public Affairs did an accounting of the network newscasts from September 5 thru October 22 and found an overwhelming liberal bias.

On the "Big Three" network newscasts, the audit showed a clear jihad against the Republican Party. Only 12 percent of election stories that aired on NBC, ABC, or CBS could be regarded as remotely "favorable" to Republicans.

In contrast, as The Washington Times put it this morning, "Democrats basked in glory." The study showed that 77 percent of news accounts in the six-week period offered favorable evaluations of Democratic candidates and lawmakers.

Robert Lichter, director of the CMPA, said: "The numbers are pretty striking. The coverage has become a referendum on Republican leadership.""

And that was all before Obama. The media lined up behind Bush right after 9/11, but we saw how soon that patriotic fervor dissipated. Remember how many talking heads were wearing US Flags on their lapels at the time? Now.... not!

The upshot of this whole thing, the crux, the most important point, to me, is this... I think our president and his administration is on a very fast track to eroding the Constitution in a permanent way with no return. I believe Bush did some, too.

But to agree with pk... God sets them up and takes them down. So, blessed be the name of the Lord. I am in distress over the direction of this nation, but I have an incredible joy in a perfect gov't waiting for me on the other side of the Jordan. That faith keeps me singing through these goofy times.

• Members

thumbsup Good post KeyGuy.

pk

phkrause

The mainstream media on the US has a liberal slant to it but they are not off-the-chart liberal like many radical, left-wing websites are. So if a person is way out in the far-left fringe, getting their information for radical, left-wing websites, they are going to look at the media and not see any liberal bias. To them, the liberal-leaning, mainstream media is far to the right of where they are. So to them, the mainstream media is to the right or "conservative". If we draw a line with a middle point and than graph all the media sources out there including both liberal and conservative websites, the major networks, talk radio and print media I think it will become evident that the major networks and newspapers in the US are to the left of the middle but there are plenty of website much further left still.

I think you're right. What I would love to see, though, is a comparison of our mainstream media with mainstream media from the rest of the western world, or the rest of the first world. I have a feeling our mainstream media would come out looking quite conservative, to the right of center.