ClubAdventist is back!

Sabbath Breakfast Update.

Woody

Some time back ... I mentioned about the plan that our pastor had to provide a Sabbath breakfast for the homeless so as to encourage them to attend the Sabbath services that followed.

This has just started. The Pastor is preparing/cooking the meals. All the members and homeless are invited.

So far this has not met with a lot of success by either group attending. But, there has been some good points. One homeless person did start to attend church following the meals. I guess it has to be considered a success for even one.

But the work does go on and the pastor hopes for more as the message gets out and people are used to it. Currently ... it is only being done once a month and that may be part of the problem.

Anyways ... do pray for this effort. Thanks.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

My Observation in this..

This tends to be a soul winning event, BUT not for the homeless, this seems to work when Adventist bring their non-adventist friends to help provide meals etc to the homeless, it is the non-adventist friends who end up giving their lives to Christ.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

Redwood will be praying for this effort, that God's will be done, and many give there heart to him.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

My Observation in this..

This tends to be a soul winning event, BUT not for the homeless, this seems to work when Adventist bring their non-adventist friends to help provide meals etc to the homeless, it is the non-adventist friends who end up giving their lives to Christ.

Members have been encouraged to bring their non SDA friends ... but so far ... there has not been much of this happening. I think the members feel that it infringes upon 'their' Sabbath. And the members have so far not been offering much help with the meal prep. I think the pastor wanted to kick start it in hope that help would arrive. So far the calvary has not shown.

I believe in Hematology.

This is one of the most effective way to reach affluent white folks, and others, in a street outreach in Vancouver, Canada, a non-religious jewish man funds an adventist church to feed the homeless.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Our focus is on the homeless.

We are trying to meet their basic needs such as food and clothing.

What is the best way to reach them if feeding them is not effective?

I believe in Hematology.

Thanks for the prayers dgrimm.

We do know that the Homeless are taking literature. Some have attended church and appear interested. But so far ... none have requested baptism.

The difference with our programs is that we feed the homeless each and every week. Plus once a month on Sabbath. I hope this works better than just on Thanksgiving.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Sometimes people fill embarrest to come to a place where people are dressed up. So give them time. And that doesn't mean that what you are doing is not working. Only God knows. You know you sow the seed and you never know who will reap that seed. Only when we get to heaven will we find out.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 weeks later...

They tried to do that in one church I was in, but found out that there were regulations to comply with. It was one thing if homeless people just showed up for our potlucks, but it was quite another (in their opinion) if we actively invited them to a meal. If it was the 2nd, we would have to get a permit from the health department, which meant there would need to be some renovations to the kitchen in order to comply, etc. So it never got off the ground.

HEY REDWOOD

I AM still praying for you breakfast out reach....

dgrimm60

Thank you. It has been going well. And the woman that started attending church ... she has been attending faithfully. Praise God.

I believe in Hematology.