ClubAdventist is back!

Prayer Request for a Very Sad Situation

Taylor

We have sposored kids at various times in SDA universities oversease. One such young man that we have helped from time to time is name "Eliezer" who is studying theology in a third world country. His Mom is an SDA, his younger brother was coming to the Lord, his sister is non-churched, and his older brother is a drug user who just got caught dealing and is in jail as of 3 days ago. Eliezer has a break from school this extended weekend and was at his mother's home (his father is passed away I believe from years ago or at least is no longer in the picture nor has been for many many years.). Eliezer was visiting with his mother and younger brother when he decided last minute to go spend the night at his married sister's house. After he left his brother Carlos and his Mom were having worship together when some drug crazy men came to the door. Carlos went to see who was there, and was shot in the head, though not fatally. The mother was then killed by the men. Carlos who works as a taxi driver had his taxi stolen by those same men. Eliezer would have doubtless been killed or at least shot as well if he hadn't been at his sister's house, but he is so weighed down with grief. His brother is in a coma a the hospital and likely won't make it, the other brother is in jail, the poor married sister is beside herself. So if you could pray for that family I would really appreciate it! May they come to feel God's love for them even in the midst of this terrible tragedy. They just finished the funeral and are on their way to bury the mother. Maybe you all can post some prayers or thoughts here for Eliezer and his family. I will be happy to do my best to translate them all and send them to comfort Eliezer and his family. I just ache for them.

Oh I am so sorry, we will be keeping him and his family in our prayers. ((((((Lots of Hugs)))))

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

Oh, how sad! I pray that the Lord will be a comfort to Eliezar!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Prayers ascending.

I am so sorry to hear this.

And I thought that I was having a bad day.

Thanks for sharing this Taylor.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Lord Jesus,

I prayer for Elizer and his family as they are going through this tough time and that You will strengthern them and comfort them.

Be near them Lord... and keep them I pray...

Thankyou Jesus for being our Refuge and our Fortress and our Hiding Place.

In Your mighty name I prayer Jesus...

AMEN!!!

Luke 4:19

To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Thanks so much everyone. Eliezer's brother died last night in the hospital, which they expected since he had been shot in the head, but two funerals in two days has got to be hard. Please keep praying for the family.

We will keep this family in our prayers. Drugs cause so much pain in so many ways. Sadly, one of the biggest reasons people get involved with drugs is because they don't feel love at home. It reminds me of the familiar hymn, "People need the Lord"

Everyday they pass me by,

I can see it in their eyes.

Empty people filled with care,

Headed who knows where?

On they go through private pain,

Living fear to fear.

Laughter hides their silent cries,

Only Jesus hears.

People need the Lord, people need the Lord.

At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door.

When will we realize, people need the Lord?

We are called to take His light

To a world where wrong seems right.

What could be too great a cost

For sharing Life with one who's lost?

Through His love our hearts can feel

All the grief they bear.

They must hear the Words of Life

Only we can share.

People need the Lord, people need the Lord

At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door.

When will we realize that we must give our lives,

For peo-ple need the Lord.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity