ClubAdventist is back!

Messiah by Jerry Thomas

missionlady

I liked the idea of this book so I bought one several years ago. I started reading it so that I would know what it was like and could recommend it to others. But just as I was getting started reading it a friend told me she was having trouble reading the Desire of Ages. So I loaned her my new book.

Now we finally got a new copy-in fact, we got several-and my husband and I are reading it for evening worship each day.

So far I like it. It follows Ellen White's style, but it is modernized and somewhat simplified.

With so many people today that are so unfamiliar with the Bible, I think it is necesarry to reach them in an appropriate way that they can understand.

Dgrimm60,

Yes, we got the book at the ABC. We don't have a local ABC, so we ordered online.

By the way,I don't know if it was intentional, but you called me missionARYlady instead of missionlady. I LIKE IT.

I call myself Missionlady, because for many years I told the mission story to children in Sabbath School. But I really hope I am a missionary also. :]

I am so happy to hear that Messiah is blessing you. The story of Jesus has great power and Ellen White's insights are truly inspiring. But none that helps you if you can't get through the words. That's why the New Testament was written in "koine" Greek, the common tongue, the language of the people, instead of classic Greek. Language should never be a barrier to truth.

• Members

Hi dgrimm, I bought the book awhile back but have started a few times and for some reason never get to continue. But we are almost finished with another book at our worship time, and hoping to start this book. Have heard many good things about it.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Didn't you say above that you had bought this book already?

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

I have the book MESSIAH - I really like it....

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• 8 months later...

If you're enjoying Messiah - you'll love Jerry's new book, Blessings - a modern-day paraphrase of Thoughts From the Mount of Blessings. It's one of my favorite books this year :)