ClubAdventist is back!

AIPAC

carolaa

I have been wondering for a while about why the U.S. is complicit in the atrocities Israel is doing to Gaza. No matter how nasty Israel is, we continue to officially support them - unequivocally.

Then I was struck by Obama's extreme overnight backpedal during the campaign regarding this issue, and I couldn't help thinking that someone powerful had gotten to him.

Then I read an interview with Jimmy Carter, in which he stated that the problem is that no American leader is willing to confront the Israel Lobby. Thinking that must be the missing link, I did some research on the Israel Lobby, also known as AIPAC, and found out that it is THE most powerful lobby in Washington, with the possible exception of the AARP. I thought the following article was extremely informative: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/mear01_.html

It sounds to me like our government is basically a puppet of the Israel Lobby, as far as our Middle East policy goes. What I don't understand is why more people aren't speaking out and making this common knowledge. Because I cannot believe that most Americans really approve of what Israel is doing in Gaza, and if they knew our politicians are being bullied, maybe they would stand up and make a difference.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carolaa

• phkrause

• Woody

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Yep, you got it. Money talks. And who controls Wall St or the financial system of the US? Most of the major newspapers? In Europe? Israel has a siphon to the US treasury. To be labeled as anti-semitic in most parts of the USA is pretty much a kiss of political death.

• Members

Personally I don't think anyone is running wallstreet!!!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Maybe some of it is conjecture, but we do know that 1) the Israel Lobby is extremely powerful, and 2) few are willing to confront it. One has to wonder how infiltrated they are to be so powerful.

Personally I don't think anyone is running wallstreet!!!

pk

Well, we are certainly *protecting* Wall Street, for some reason. The bailout was not something the general population wanted. There was huge resistance to it, and yet it finally got passed when enough pork/bribes were offered.

I also have to wonder why Carter's comments have not been picked up by the U.S. media.

Quote:
Well, we are certainly *protecting* Wall Street, for some reason. The bailout was not something the general population wanted. There was huge resistance to it, and yet it finally got passed when enough pork/bribes were offered.

I think they were trying to give Obama a honeymoon. But in the end ... it is Obama that has to take the responsibility.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I think if this is true that the majority are against the bailout, than I would say the american people are very fickle. They first were for Bush going into Iraq and than when it dragged on, all of a sudden there were against Bush. Now without even waiting to see if this is going to work, they are already against it. Wow very fickle.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I agree with your observation pk. But, unfortunatly ... both examples are true from my perspective of the American people.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

For the same reason that the lobby has power over the media. And Carter was labeled as anti-semitic for bringing out what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians and for advocating a more even-handed policy toward both the Israelis and Palestinians.

Then we have also have to take into consideration the evangelicals who believe in the rapture scenario in which Israel plays a major part in their eschatology. They turn a blind eye to whatever abuses the Israelis may be doing that are not publicized by the media.

Yes, I've considered those possibilities, and I'm sure you're right. And yet it seems so strange to me that a former President of the United States makes that kind of allegation, and it gets played across the world - except in the U.S. That's got to be some kind of power over the media.

• Members

And vice-a-versa!!!

pk

phkrause

May I ask ... Why are we bailing out Hamas with nearly a Billion Dollars?

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Are we, I hadn't heard that Redwood.

pk

phkrause

Yes. According to Fox News.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Wow, if this is true, that is very interesting indeed Redwood. I wonder if Israel knows this?

pk

phkrause

Do they listen to Fox?

Israel did the damage .... so the US has to rebuild ... isn't that always the way it is. No matter who bombs anyone ... we have to come in and restore.

Do we get any credit ? NO.

I believe in Hematology.

May I ask ... Why are we bailing out Hamas with nearly a Billion Dollars?

I haven't heard that. What I heard is that we are sending a bunch of aid to Gaza, which will supposedly be distributed directly to the people and not through Hamas. I say good luck with that one. I'll be watching to see if Israel lets the trucks cross the border.

Quote:
what we've done to cause their trouble

I was not aware that we bombed Gaza.

I believe in Hematology.

Did I say we bombed Gaza? No, we just hand the bombs to the Israelis and looked the other way when they bomb Gaza. Just like we look the other way when Israel disregards peace agreements and truces and persistently keeps expanding their settlements into Palestinian land. And then, when the Arabs get mad and object, we give Israel more bombs.

How do we know that Hamas is going to continue to bomb the Israelis?

I believe in Hematology.

We don't. But we can be reasonably certain they will do *something*, because Israel keeps pushing the limits with them. Any other country would react the same way. And Israel knows we will keep the weapons coming so they can be as cocky as they want.

Seems to me that Hamas is the cocky one.

I believe in Hematology.