• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carolaa

• phkrause

• Woody

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

Israel is just trying to live in peace ... but keeps getting bombed by Iran and Syria through Hamas.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

We do the same thing in all the countries that we bomb. We rebuilt germany, japan, now we are rebuilding Iraq. Is it a wonder we are in debt. Don't get me wrong, I think that we should fix what we break!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Israel is just trying to live in peace ... but keeps getting bombed by Iran and Syria through Hamas.

I suppose that's why they keep breaking their own peace agreements and truces - because they want to live in peace.

We do the same thing in all the countries that we bomb. We rebuilt germany, japan, now we are rebuilding Iraq. Is it a wonder we are in debt. Don't get me wrong, I think that we should fix what we break!

pk

Yes, but it's not because of altruism that we do it. We do it so we can have military bases.

• Members

Yes probably true, but that's life when no countries really trust each other.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Wow! The far ranging implications from this information, can, if the general public understood this, cause a backlash that Isreal may not recover from....

Very informative.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Hmmmmm.....Our political leaders hands are tied it seems....

The religious people who believe in Isreals conversion to Christianity during the last days of the secret rapture, are solidly for the US supporting Isreal.....Isreal is taking advantage of this support knowing full well that this religious myth is just that, a myth...and there will be no conversion to Jesus. AIPAC has many dollars influencing the politics for Isreal....And Isreal continue in thier racial practices of oppressing the palestines who are manipulated by terrorist organizations like Hamas...

No wonder that though some politician see the true problem, they can not work to diffuse it at many levels as people want to believe what they will...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Hmmmmm.....Our political leaders hands are tied it seems....

The religious people who believe in Isreals conversion to Christianity during the last days of the secret rapture, are solidly for the US supporting Isreal.....

True Sir.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

QR frame:

Hmm, beaucoup bucks, eh? ah well, just another earmark, yes? mebbe, however, there will be enough xtra $s to encourage the Palestinians to purchase longer-ranged missiles. Perhaps even

a few with the range to deliver a payload to the old city Jerusalem proper. That being so, it seems the next step would be to encourage the Palestinians to launch a few of their newly acquired boy-toys, and

provide the State of Israel the cover to blow the Temple of the Mount - laying the blame to an errant missile fired by the oh-ever-so-hapless Palestinians. Oh well, thems hapless Palestinians simply

provided the State of Israel the opportunity to build their own Temple on the Mount, instead. ...ah, such are the

vagaries of historical and racial tensions orly

• Members

Here's something I thought was very interesting:

Bob Simon said on 60 Minutes, Jan. 25, 2009, "Time Running Out For A Two-State Solution?":

"Palestinians ... when they want to travel from one town to another, they have to submit to humiliating delays at checkpoints and roadblocks. There are more than 600 of them on the West Bank."

Bob, you say Palestinian Arabs feel humiliated and harassed when Israeli authorities search them and their belongings; when they are prevented from traveling freely because of checkpoints, roadblocks, closures and curfews. You say they feel "corralled."

Bob, in Israel, every Israeli is searched numerous times during the course of a single day. Israelis are asked to open their bags and purses for inspection. In most cases, they are subjected to body searches with a metal detector every time they enter a bank or a post office, pick up a bottle of milk at the supermarket, enter a mall or train station, or visit a hospital or medical clinic. Young Israeli men and women are physically frisked in search of suicide belts before they enter crowded nightclubs.

As a matter of routine, Israelis' car trunks are searched every time they enter a well-trafficked parking lot. Daily, their cars pass through roadblocks that cause massive traffic jams when security forces are in hot pursuit of suicide bombers believed to have entered Israel.

Israelis are searched not only when they go out for a cup of coffee or a slice of pizza, but also when they go to the movies or a concert, where the term "dressed to kill" has an entirely different meaning.

These ordinary daily humiliations now extend to similar searches when Israelis go to weddings or Bar Mitzvahs. No one abroad talks about the humiliation Jews in Israel are subjected to, having to write at the bottom of wedding invitations and other life cycle events, "The site will be secured [by armed guards]" - to ensure relatives and friends will attend and share their joyous occasion.

One out of four Israeli children, ages 11 to 15, fear for their lives. One out of three report they fear for the lives of their family members, and more than a third report they have changed their patterns of travel and social lives due to security concerns.

Bob, these ubiquitous security checks do not exist in Arab cities and towns in Israel (or, for that matter, in Judea and Samaria) because those places are not and never have been targets of Palestinian terrorism. In fact, the average Israeli is "humiliated and harassed" by being searched far more times a day than the average Palestinian. Not one human rights group, nor you, has so much as noted this massive intrusion into the rights of privacy and person imposed on Israelis.

To date, no one protests the fact that, since the 1970s, Jewish schoolchildren in Israel are surrounded by perimeter fences, with armed guards at the schoolyard gates, as if their schools were the domiciles of Mafiosi.

Not one Arab village in Israel or the Territories has a perimeter fence around it. Guards are not required at Arabic shops, cafes, restaurants, movie theaters, wedding halls or schools - either in Israel or in the Territories. Palestinians also do not need armed guards to accompany every school trip, youth movement hike or campout. They are not targets of terrorism.

Countless Israelis in sensitive areas within the Green Line - not only in the Territories, but also in Jewish towns, villages and bedroom suburbs - are "ghettoized" behind high fences.

Many Israeli motorists avoid major arteries that pass through Arab areas of Israel, while Arab citizens and Palestinians from the Territories continue to enter Jewish cities and go about their business without peril. Israelis are told, in effect, to disguise themselves when traveling abroad - not to speak Hebrew in public and not to wear garments that reveal their Jewish-Israeli origins. Even Israel's national airline - El Al - has been forced to remove its logo from the tails of its aircraft at certain airports, out of concern for the safety of its passengers. This followed several attempts to down Israeli civilian aircraft with missiles. On the other hand, Arabs who frequent Jewish cities and towns in Israel wear their traditional Arab headgear without fear of being attacked or harassed.

Bob, all this begs the question: Who are the victims and who are the victimizers? Who are the ones being harassed and humiliated? Palestinian Arabs or Israelis?

pk

phkrause

Do you know who this is that is talking to Bob?

I would say there are several differences between these two scenarios, the biggest being that Israel is not under seige. Israel is holding the Palestinians prisoners and then complaining about being abused by them. Wierd.

• Members

I'm not sure that they are not under seige!

pk

phkrause

I don't think Israel has been turned into a land of utter devastation. Israel's borders are not being blockaded. Israelis are free to come and go, pretty much at will. They have far more than their basic necessities. They have access to medical care and education. The Palestinians are living in a prison camp, totally dependent on Israel's whims any given day.

• Members

But there is a reason for that. First they had hijackings, when they curtailed that, they got the suicide bombers, so they built the walls. A lot less suicide bombings, so now we have rockets being launched. So no matter what Israel does to live in peace hamas and hezbollah find new ways to kill Israelis.

pk

phkrause

• Members

I would say that it goes back to the days of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Of course I think its more than that also.

pk

phkrause

I don't believe Israel wants to live in peace with the Palestinians. I believe Israel wants to take over Palestine. Even as they participate in peace talks, they continue to expand into Palestine. And they break cease fires that they agree to.

I had another thought on this subject today. Isn't it interesting that even the pope feels compelled to back pedal when someone accuses him or his church of being anti-Semitic. He back pedals so far that one cannot even have freedom of thought in the Catholic church. (i.e., He made the bishop apologize for his anti-holocaust remarks, but the bishop's apology wasn't good enough for the pope because the bishop didn't renounce his holocaust denial.)

So the Catholic church has basically taken the position of being "thought police" in order to avoid being labeled anti-Semitic. I don't know what involvement, if any, the Israel Lobby had in that situation, but it reinforces the fact that it is a very, very bad thing to be labeled anti-Semitic.

• Members

I'm not sure how much I put in the jewish lobby. I believe that if the Jewish nation had in there charter the annihilation of the Arab world, like this link of the terrorists that are allowed to rule in most of the muslim countries, I'm pretty sure the USA would not support any jewish lobbying, period.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3369102968312745410

pk

phkrause

• Members

Not really sure how to answer that other than to say it dates back to biblical times. They're all family. And don't get me wrong the jews are not innocent either. It takes two, and neither wants to give in. I don't believe its going to get any better.

pk

phkrause

From Democracy Now today (3-11-09):

Intel Pick Withdraws Nomination, Blasts Israel Lobby

The Obama administration’s pick to become the nation’s top intelligence analyst has withdrawn his nomination after an intense lobbying campaign by backers of Israeli government policies. Former US Ambassador Charles “Chas” Freeman had come under Republican-led opposition over his comments criticizing Israel’s occupation of Palestinian land. Freeman has years of diplomatic experience, including stints as US ambassador to Saudi Arabia and assistant secretary of defense. Some Democrats joined in on the opposition to Freeman’s appointment. In a statement, Democratic Senator Charles Schumer took credit for Freeman’s withdrawal, saying, “I repeatedly urged the White House to reject him, and I am glad they did the right thing.” In a statement, Freeman blasted lobby groups, lawmakers and pundits who support Israeli government policies for forcing his withdrawal. Freeman wrote, “The tactics of the Israel Lobby plumb the depths of dishonor and indecency…The aim of this Lobby is control of the policy process through the exercise of a veto over the appointment of people who dispute the wisdom of its views, the substitution of political correctness for analysis, and the exclusion of any and all options for decision by Americans and our government other than those that it favors.” Freeman continued, “I regret that my willingness to serve the new administration has ended by casting doubt on its ability to consider, let alone decide what policies might best serve the interests of the United States rather than those of a Lobby intent on enforcing the will and interests of a foreign government.”