ClubAdventist is back!

Is It Possible to Live Without Sinning?

John317

• Moderators

Good scriptures. Now, have you stopped sinning (transgression of the law)?

Do you need someone to tell you that they no longer sin in order for you believe God's promises that He can keep you from sinning? Are you depending on other people's lives and their "testimonies" for truth, or are you depending on what God has revealed through the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy?

It shouldn't matter what someone tells you about their personal life. As Christians we walk by faith in God, not by sight-- not by what other people do.

When Ellen White and the Bible speak of "ceasing from sin," or "stop sinning," or "keeping the commandments," what is being said? Does it mean never committing a sin or never making a mistake?

Notice 2 Peter 2: 14. Who does the Holy Spirit say "cannot cease from sin"? By implication, who then CAN cease from sin? (Compare carefully 1 John 3: 1-10.)

Also Romans 6: 18 which speaks of believers who have the Spirit in them are "set free from sin [and] became slaves of righteousness."

Does a person walking in the Spirit never commit a sin or make a mistake? (See 1 John 1: 5-10 for the answer.)

Study Romans 8: 1-13.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• John317

• Robert

• Michael144

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

1 Peter 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14. Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15. Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16. Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17. And the way of peace have they not known:

18. There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19. Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

The good news

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Romans 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Think like the centurion: Matthew 8:5

1 Corinthians4:5

• Members

I understand what your saying and I agree there is nothing that we can do to earn salvation. Jesus has already done that for us. We might not have to do anything thing physicly but we have to choose to not sin, which is in itself doing something. Otherwise what you are suggesting is that we can go out and kill someone we don't like and God is OK with this because he has already forgiven us, even though we have not asked for forgiveness. Or we can just go around and kick and hit anyone we fill like because we know that God has forgiven us even though we don't ask or even care. Or just do what ever we feel like doing because we don't need to do anything. This is what I'm understanding that you are meaning when you say we don't have to do anything. I have to say that I disagree with you michael144.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

....have you stopped sinning (transgression of the law)?

And if you have not how do you explain the claim that it is possible to stop sinning.

And if you haven't and no one you know has, then neither you or anyone you know is in the light according to the scriptures you presented.

This is the thinking of the "flesh".

I used to have atheist friends ask me the same thing about the resurrection of the dead. Have you ever seen anyone come back from the dead?

Did you ever see God? Did you ever see Christ or see Him make the world?

Do you believe the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy or not?

Take the Word as it reads. Have faith in God.

Did Enoch wait until he knew people who were walking closely with God before he himself walked with God?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

I understand what your saying and I agree there is nothing that we can do to earn salvation. Jesus has already done that for us. We might not have to do anything thing physicly but we have to choose to not sin, which is in itself doing something. Otherwise what you are suggesting is that we can go out and kill someone we don't like and God is OK with this because he has already forgiven us, even though we have not asked for forgiveness. Or we can just go around and kick and hit anyone we fill like because we know that God has forgiven us even though we don't ask or even care. Or just do what ever we feel like doing because we don't need to do anything. This is what I'm understanding that you are meaning when you say we don't have to do anything. I have to say that I disagree with you michael144.

pk

Of course there is a relationship between our life and our salvation, but behavior does not earn salvation. It is just like an orange does not make the tree an orange tree; but rather the tree is an orange tree, and that is why it produces oranges.

Our lives reflect who's in charge of our lives, whether Satan or Christ.

Our lives show whether we are attached to the vine.

If I am truly attached to the vine, Jesus Christ, I will produce good works. Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

A wife reasonably could say, "If my husband loves me, he will show it by his actions and his words."

pk

All the sins you listed we commit every day.

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

• Moderators

All the sins you listed we commit every day.

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

No, not all Christians commit those sins every day.

Is it a sin to be tempted?

Do you believe that with the Holy Spirit in our lives, we are empowered to resist every temptation to commit sin?

Originally Posted By: pkrause

pk

Of course there is a relationship between our life and our salvation, but behavior does not earn salvation. It is just like an orange does not make the tree an orange tree; but rather the tree is an orange tree, and that is why it produces oranges.

Our lives reflect who's in charge of our lives, whether Satan or Christ.

Our lives show whether we are attached to the vine.

If I am truly attached to the vine, Jesus Christ, I will produce good works. Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

A wife reasonably could say, "If my husband loves me, he will show it by his actions and his words."

You are contradicting what you said earlier. That our behavior dictates whether we are sealed or not.

As I said earlier there is confusion in the ranks about this subject because people do not understand how we are born again. Find out how we are born again and you will understand what I'm trying to say.

The good news is better than most think.

• Moderators

You are contradicting what you said earlier. That our behavior dictates whether we are sealed or not.

It seems to you that I am contradicting myself because you misunderstand what I am saying and what Ellen White is saying.

And if we believe that there is absolutely no relationship between our lives or what we do and our ultimate salvation in God's kingdom, we really don't understand the Bible.

God sent Jesus to live and die for us before we were born, so of course our lives don't cause Jesus to die for us. Neither does our obedience earn merit with God. That is not the relationship. Our lives show whether God is our Lord or whether Satan is our lord. In other words, our lives show whether we are just talking or not. There are people who claim to accept Jesus but they are still under the control and ownership of Satan.

This is part of what the Investigative Judgment is all about. At the end, the angels of God separate the sheep from the goats. Not all people will be saved. In fact, most will be lost. According to Jesus, many will be surprised to find out they slept in the grave too long and woke up in the wrong resurrection.

• Moderators

[ Find out how we are born again and you will understand what I'm trying to say.

The good news is better than most think.

Explain how we are born again.

• Members

thumbsup

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:
Our lives show whether God is our Lord or whether Satan is our lord. In other words, our lives show whether we are just talking or not. There are people who claim to accept Jesus but they are still under the control and ownership of Satan.

This is part of what the Investigative Judgment is all about. At the end, the angels of God separate the sheep from the goats. Not all people will be saved. In fact, most will be lost. According to Jesus, many will be surprised to find out they slept in the grave too long and woke up in the wrong resurrection.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Ecclesiastes 4:15 I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the second child that shall stand up in his stead.

People do not understand these scriptures because how we are born again is not being taught if at all known.

Adventists are well known for seeking the word and digging, at least that is what I have learned from being an Adventist.

The only clue I'm going to give you about how we are born again is this: Circumcision.

The Lord showed me a glorious truth that set me free from ever worrying about the status of my salvation.

If I tell you line for line ( I already have in another thread) you will not believe me so you must find it yourself.

Another clue is found in the story of the centurion - Matthew 8:5

And John 15:3

You have to let the Word reveal it because men are rejected. Just ask Jones and Wagner

Good digging to you.

• Moderators

But the above posters are saying you can't even have the Holy Spirit if you are still sinning.

I spent about 30 years unable to resist and overcome sins in my life. Today I know why.

So I know by personal experience the difference between living for the devil and living for God.

I lived as a gay man for most of those 30 years even though I knew the Bible condemns it. I lived about as promiscuous a life as you could imagine. I shot at people (not sure if I killed them; I hope not). I used foul language. I got into fights and believe I may have killed a few people with rocks to the head. Last time I saw them they were falling down with blood flowing from their faces. I sold my body to men on the streets. I loved to drink alcohol and do drugs. I stole. I once stole from a priest who chased me as far as he could through some woods. I was headed for a sex-reassignment surgery until about 4 1/2 years ago.

Then I started studying the Bible with a Jehovah's Witness. He made me think seriously about God's promises and about what it means to live for God.

During that time I decided to surrender ALL of me to God, not just give Him 99%.

I had some terrible habits. I loved sin and sinning. In the flesh I fought against those sins and those habits for 30+ years. I actually gave up, thinking there was no way I could stop sinning.

But by His Spirit, God did help me give up those sins. He really did give me a new heart and a new mind. Today I have a hard time believing that I am the same person who did those things. Sometimes the temptation comes to mind to go out with men again, but when those ideas come to me, I immediately reject them and turn it over to Christ.

I have never returned to those old sins. God gave me the power to resist and overcome them. I know that I could go back to them any time if I went with my sinful nature. But I follow the Holy Spirit.

If the Holy Spirit helped me overcome those sins, is there any reason He can't help me overcome all sins? Can He help me be more loving and kind and forgiving? Of course. He already has. Where there used to be a determination for revenge, He replaces it with forgiveness and love. Where I used to have lust, He has given me Christ's love for others, to help me see the person as He sees them.

Instead of being out on the street, I'm here talking to people about Christ and the Bible, and helping them see that with God's help, there's no sin that we can't resist and overcome. But we have to make that decision to surrender ALL of us and to keep nothing back. Even keeping 1% of our heart for ourselves will lead finally to keeping 100% from Him.

Now you tell me if you think I know I need Christ every day and every moment. Without Him here with me now, I would be back where I was not too long ago. But with His Spirit living in me, there's nothing He can't do through me. I know it by experience.

Quote:
But with His Spirit living in me, there's nothing He can't do through me. I know it by experience.

That wasn't the question...

The question was "Have you stopped sinning?"

If so, when and at what time was your last sin? How long have you gone now without sinning? Are you 100% confident that no matter what happens, you will not sin again for the rest of your life here on earth?

If not, why not?

Can you point me to another person who has stopped sinning, and tell me how long it has been since his/her last sin?

If it is not only possible but required of us to stop sinning, then there should be hundreds of godly believers around who have done so, who can act as an example and an encouragement to the rest of us. Where are they?

Nobody has ever given me a definite answer to these types of questions.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

Originally Posted By: michael144

But the above posters are saying you can't even have the Holy Spirit if you are still sinning.

I spent about 30 years unable to resist and overcome sins in my life. Today I know why.

So I know by personal experience the difference between living for the devil and living for God.

I lived as a gay man for most of those 30 years even though I knew the Bible condemns it. I lived about as promiscuous a life as you could imagine. I shot at people (not sure if I killed them; I hope not). I used foul language. I got into fights and believe I may have killed a few people with rocks to the head. Last time I saw them they were falling down with blood flowing from their faces. I sold my body to men on the streets. I loved to drink alcohol and do drugs. I stole. I once stole from a priest who chased me as far as he could through some woods. I was headed for a sex-reassignment surgery until about 4 1/2 years ago.

Then I started studying the Bible with a Jehovah's Witness. He made me think seriously about God's promises and about what it means to live for God.

During that time I decided to surrender ALL of me to God, not just give Him 99%.

I had some terrible habits. I loved sin and sinning. In the flesh I fought against those sins and those habits for 30+ years. I actually gave up, thinking there was no way I could stop sinning.

But by His Spirit, God did help me give up those sins. He really did give me a new heart and a new mind. Today I have a hard time believing that I am the same person who did those things. Sometimes the temptation comes to mind to go out with men again, but when those ideas come to me, I immediately reject them and turn it over to Christ.

I have never returned to those old sins. God gave me the power to resist and overcome them. I know that I could go back to them any time if I went with my sinful nature. But I follow the Holy Spirit.

If the Holy Spirit helped me overcome those sins, is there any reason He can't help me overcome all sins? Can He help me be more loving and kind and forgiving? Of course. He already has. Where there used to be a determination for revenge, He replaces it with forgiveness and love. Where I used to have lust, He has given me Christ's love for others, to help me see the person as He sees them.

Instead of being out on the street, I'm here talking to people about Christ and the Bible, and helping them see that with God's help, there's no sin that we can't resist and overcome. But we have to make that decision to surrender ALL of us and to keep nothing back. Even keeping 1% of our heart for ourselves will lead finally to keeping 100% from Him.

Now you tell me if you think I know I need Christ every day and every moment. Without Him here with me now, I would be back where I was not too long ago. But with His Spirit living in me, there's nothing He can't do through me. I know it by experience.

I'm not saying you are not born again. What I'm saying is people do not understand how they are born again which leads to confusion about the good news.

This lack of understanding causes them to separate themselves in groups and churches and organizations teaching us to think there is something special about [us] because we know this or that.

The truth is not fully been known yet. Even Ellen White said there is more light coming. The light is here and is revealed through the circumcision.

When people figure out how we are born again they will realize there are many more people saved than they ever dreamed.

The interesting thing is that without being blind, seeing would not be as precious to us when receiving our sight. If we always have sight what does it mean? So darkness has it's purpose. There is beauty in the darkness.

Every knee shall bow.....

There is nothing that God cannot do with a life given to Him upon condition of surrender.

Now go,

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

There is nothing that God cannot do with a life given to Him upon condition of surrender.

Now go,

oG

Condition? Defense rests.

Experiment

To prove my point I want to show you how easily we miss the pearls when we read the scriptures. And if we miss the ones in plain sight, what else are we not seeing?

I get the same answer to this question every time because the way the scripture is written, it tricks our mind into tunnel vision and we miss a gigantic pearl.

In the following verse what works does Jesus tell them they must do?

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Find the pearl

• Moderators

Yes, every knee shall bow, but bowing does not mean they are saved. There are lots of people who have bowed the knee to a king while they are in rebellion against the king. We know that all will, including Satan, will acknowledge God's fairness and His right to rule the Universe, but those who bow are unchanged. It will be too late. At that time they will be what they are (Rev. 22: 11, 15), and God won't perform a miracle to make them different from their own choices. He honors our freedom to choose, and He won't force us to be saved. He takes our choices seriously.

The bottom line is that neither the Bible nor the Spirit of prophecy teach Universalism. On the contrary both teach that the wide road will have most people on it going to destruction, whereas the narrow road-- the one going to eternal life-- has relatively few people on it.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: olger

Now go,

oG

Condition? Defense rests.

Do you believe in unconditional salvation? There's no such thing in the Bible. It teaches that God's love is unconditional, but not salvation. Nor is there such a thing in the Bible as "once saved, always saved." That's all wishful thinking.

Here's just one place where the Scriptures teach that salvation is conditional:

For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so [in this way] an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1: 8-11.

A second mention of "condition" is John 3: 16. "God so loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son in order that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Continuous faith or trust or confidence in Christ is a condition of salvation. Such a faith and confidence is not mere intellectual agreement to a set of doctrines or facts but a faith that leads to willing obedience and loyalty to God and Christ. Romans 1: 5; 16: 26.

• Moderators

It's best translated, "This is the work of God, that you continually be believing on Him whom that One sent off on a mission."

Continuous belief and faith in Christ is the work of God. It is trusting that He is who He declares Himself to be, and having a personal, faith-based relationship with Him continuously on the basis of that trust.

• Moderators

Quote:
But with His Spirit living in me, there's nothing He can't do through me. I know it by experience.

That wasn't the question...

The question was "Have you stopped sinning?"

If so, when and at what time was your last sin? How long have you gone now without sinning? Are you 100% confident that no matter what happens, you will not sin again for the rest of your life here on earth?

You may misunderstand what it means to "cease from sinning" (2 Peter 2: 14). Some people also have a similar problem understanding what it means when it talks about "keeping the commandments of God." Do you think it's possible to keep the commandments of God? If not, why does the Bible say that people obey them, as in 1 John 5: 3? Does it means those people never commit sin? (See 1 John 2: 1.)

Please go back and restudy 1 John 1: 5-10; 2: 1-6 and 3: 1-10. Also reread my previous post where I talk very personally about the necessity of total and continual reliance upon Christ's power to keep us. Trust in self is not only risky and the height of folly but absolutely doomed to failure. Read 1 John 5: 18--

Quote:
We know [absolutely] that anyone born of God does not [deliberately and knowingly] practice committing sin, but the One Who was begotten of God carefully watches over and protects him [Christ's divine presence within him preserves him against the evil], and the wicked one does not lay hold (get a grip) on him or touch [him].

19We know [positively] that we are of God, and the whole world [around us] is under the power of the evil one.

20And we [have seen and] know [positively] that the Son of God has [actually] come to this world and has given us understanding and insight [progressively] to perceive (recognize) and come to know better and more clearly Him Who is true; and we are in Him Who is true--in His Son Jesus Christ (the Messiah). This [Man] is the true God and Life eternal. Amplified Bible

Also, especially spend time on 1 John 1: 6-9 and 2 Peter 1: 2-11. I really have nothing to say beyond what those verses tell us.

Does it seem to you that John and Peter are talking about absolute sinlessness? Is absolute sinlessness what the Spirit of Prophecy is referring to?

Everything I am saying is in the following verses:

Quote:
SEE WHAT [an incredible] quality of love the Father has given (shown, bestowed on) us, that we should [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! The reason that the world does not know (recognize, acknowledge) us is that it does not know (recognize, acknowledge) Him.

2Beloved, we are [even here and] now God's children; it is not yet disclosed (made clear) what we shall be [hereafter], but we know that when He comes and is manifested, we shall [as God's children] resemble and be like Him, for we shall see Him just as He [really] is.

3And everyone who has this hope [resting] on Him cleanses (purifies) himself just as He is pure (chaste, undefiled, guiltless).

4 Everyone who commits (practices) sin is guilty of lawlessness; for [that is what] sin is, lawlessness (the breaking, violating of God's law by transgression or neglect--being unrestrained and unregulated by His commands and His will).

5 You know that He appeared in visible form and became Man to take away [upon Himself] sins, and in Him there is no sin [essentially and forever].

6 No one who abides in Him [who lives and remains in communion with and in obedience to Him--deliberately, knowingly, and [habitually] commits (practices) sin. No one who [habitually] sins has either seen or known Him [recognized, perceived, or understood Him, or has had an experiential acquaintance with Him].

7 Boys (lads), let no one deceive and lead you astray. He who practices righteousness [who is upright, conforming to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action, living a consistently conscientious life] is righteous, even as He is righteous.

8 [but] he who commits sin [who practices evildoing] is of the devil [takes his character from the evil one], for the devil has sinned (violated the divine law) from the beginning. The reason the Son of God was made manifest (visible) was to undo (destroy, loosen, and dissolve) the works the devil [has done].

9 No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and [habitually] practices sin, for God's nature abides in him [His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him]; and he cannot practice sinning because he is born (begotten) of God.

10 By this it is made clear who take their nature from God and are His children and who take their nature from the devil and are his children: no one who does not practice righteousness [who does not conform to God's will in purpose, thought, and action] is of God; neither is anyone who does not love his brother (his fellow believer in Christ). 1 John 3: 1-10 Amplified Bible

Originally Posted By: michael144

Yes, every knee shall bow, but bowing does not mean they are saved. There are lots of people who have bowed the knee to a king while they are in rebellion against the king. We know that all will, including Satan, will acknowledge God's fairness and His right to rule the Universe, but those who bow are unchanged. It will be too late. At that time they will be what they are (Rev. 22: 11, 15), and God won't perform a miracle to make them different from their own choices. He honors our freedom to choose, and He won't force us to be saved. He takes our choices seriously.

The bottom line is that neither the Bible nor the Spirit of prophecy teach Universalism. On the contrary both teach that the wide road will have most people on it going to destruction, whereas the narrow road-- the one going to eternal life-- has relatively few people on it.

Why would you think like this? The rest of the verse says every tongue confess....This is a perfect example of denying the power of God to save. After the testimony you wrote yesterday I would think you would be a little more optimistic about God's power to save.....Those who bow are unchanged? So the Lord forces them to bow and confess.

Until you understand how you were born again you you will never understand the power of God.

The true Gospel is not being preached yet. Indeed it is righteousness by faith but faith in what is the 64,000 dollar question. Out own ability to conquer sin? I laugh at this.

• Moderators

I'm very optimistic about God's power to save, but that doesn't mean everyone is going to be saved (Romans 2: 5-10.) People have a choice to make and there are those who want to keep their sins rather than accept Jesus Christ and let go of their sins.

Do you believe everyone is going to be saved?

God doesn't force everyone to bow and make confession. But have you noticed that very often criminals will confess their crime when confronted with the undeniable evidence. That is what happens. No one forces those criminals to confess-- they do it because they realize "the jig is up." (The scheme and deception is at last revealed.) The point Romans 14: 10, 11 is making is that the time will eventually come when all of humanity and even the devil himself will confess that God is right.

Here's how Ellen White wrote of it:

Quote:
We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. Romans 14:10, 11.

As if entranced, the wicked have looked upon the coronation of the Son of God. They see in His hands the tables of the divine law, the statutes which they have despised and transgressed. They witness the outburst of wonder, rapture, and adoration from the saved; and as the wave of melody sweeps over the multitudes without the city, all with one voice exclaim, "Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints" (Revelation 15:3); and, falling prostrate, they worship the Prince of life. Maranatha (1976), page 345, paragraph 1; Chapter Title: The Wicked Acknowledge God's Justice

At His second coming, the scene will be changed. He will be acknowledged by all as the King of glory. At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. The angels will bow in adoration before Him. His enemies will see the mistake they have made, and every tongue will confess His divinity.

The Signs of the Times , April 19, 1905, paragraph 3

The Bible teaches plainly that not all people will be saved in God's Kingdom. Only those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life are finally saved. (Rev. 20: 15; cf. Hebrews 10: 39.) That fact is not a denial of God's power to save; it's a confirmation of the wickedness of the human heart and of God's willingness to let people be lost if that is what they choose. (Read Romans 2: 5-10.) God can't make anyone be saved if they refuse to do God's will. God's grace and will is not irresistible.

Satan and all of his demons, along with all those who have chosen to follow him, will perish eternally in the lake of fire prepared for the devil and his fallen angels. Rev. 20: 9, 10, 12-15. Do you believe this?

I agree that we can't conquer sin on our own. That's an utter and absolute impossibility. But we can overcome sin by the power (dynamite-power) of God's Spirit. See 1 John 5: 3-5.

I'd be interested to hear what you believe the true gospel to be. What is the Good News? Isn't it exactly what Jesus and the apostle Paul said it is? I believe it's the same as "righteousness by faith," that by God's grace, God will save all who put their complete reliance and faith in Jesus Christ.

• Moderators

If the news you discovered is so good and not being taught, then if I were you I'd be publishing/blurting it out every chance I get.