• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Dr. Shane

• Neil D

• Bravus

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
We elected him because he had a plan that Republicans didn't have.

No, he was elected President, not because of his plan, but because of Bush, Iraq and the financial crisis. The people blamed the Republicans for everything that had gone wrong (and the Republicans deserved a lot of that blame). Nonetheless, it wasn't Obama's plan that got him elected. The Democrats could have nominated Snoop Dog and got him elected.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
We elected him because he had a plan that Republicans didn't have.

No, he was elected President, not because of his plan, but because of Bush, Iraq and the financial crisis. The people blamed the Republicans for everything that had gone wrong (and the Republicans deserved a lot of that blame). Nonetheless, it wasn't Obama's plan that got him elected. The Democrats could have nominated Snoop Dog and got him elected.

Look ... let's be honest. IF Obama was not black ... he would not have been elected. He was the least experienced of any of the candidates. And he was rated as the most liberal.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Look ... let's be honest. IF Obama was not black ... he would not have been elected. He was the least experienced of any of the candidates. And he was rated as the most liberal.

Hmmmmm....Besides the fact that is a somewhat racist remark, I don't think that was the ONLY reason. Most of the people that I have talked to as to why they voted for the man, was because he was articulate, and that he had some smarts behind him [graduated from Harvard]. While being a lawyer doesn't necessary qualify a person in politics, it does prepare him for arguements. Obama seems to be rather pragmatic, in that, with changing conditions comes changing plans to achieve the same goals. He had a plan for America, and while circumstances have changed, he has had the same goals.

John McCain graduated from Naval Accadamy as a Naval Aviator. And then, nearly at the bottom of his class. While he may have been a leader, a good character trait, it wasn't enough to keep him from the Keeting scandle, divorcing his first wife and ignoring his one child from that marriage. McCain has stated that he doesn't understand the economy. During the election, McCain stated that the foundations of the economy were solid...do you really think McCain would be the better person in this case?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Well, if Obama's policies are bad, then he is bound to fail!!!

If Bush's economic policies and that of his predecessors were good, we wouldn't be in this pickle now!!!

Well, if Obama's policies are bad, then he is bound to fail!!!

If Bush's economic policies and that of his predecessors were good, we wouldn't be in this pickle now!!!

There you go!!! Bush came to the same conclusion after consulting with top republican economists who said that there needed to be an infusion of money to prevent a collapse of the American Banking system. The difference between Obama and Bush's policys....Obama consulted with Democratic economist AND Republican economists and came to the same conclusions...

And while this is NOT directed at anyone person in particular, this talk about us not spending money we dont have is unrealistic and, if I may add, unpatriotic. By saying that we should have let the banking industry fail, you would have placed your futures and the futures of your family in jepardy. The Lord may have come in His own time, but would He have found anyone here that He could have taken home alive?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

"John McCain graduated from Naval Accadamy as a Naval Aviator. And then, nearly at the bottom of his class. While he may have been a leader, a good character trait, it wasn't enough to keep him from the Keeting scandle, divorcing his first wife and ignoring his one child from that marriage. McCain has stated that he doesn't understand the economy. During the election, McCain stated that the foundations of the economy were solid...do you really think McCain would be the better person in this case?"

I find this offensive.

How would you feel if I started to articulate the trash of Obama from the campaign? If I did ... the moderators and admin would start to complain. So, I won't. But I do find it interesting that it is Okay for the folks on the left side to talk trash. But, as soon as anyone from the Right Side complains ... then well .... we just don't like that kind of talk. Let's move forward huh?

So, do you really want to go down the road of trashing McCain? I will withhold this time. But think about it will you? I hope to see better posts from you in the future.

I believe in Hematology.

What did I say that was NOT true?

Did McCain graduate from the acadamy? Yes.

Was it near the bottom of his class? Yes.

Was he a leader in his class? yes.

Did he divorce his first wife and nearly ignore his child from the first marriage? Yes. [We have a letter from his first wife stating what he has done since thier divorce.]

did he say that he didn't understand the ecomomy? Yes he did.

Did he say that the foundations of the ecomony were strong? Yes he did.

What was said that was not true?

You wanted to know why Obama got elected. You said that he was elected because he was black. Concidering his qualifications,and the importance of the office of President of the US, your statement runs along PC racial lines, and is not very evaluating, but rather biased in the extreme.

George Bernard Shaw

The only thing he had going for him was that he was black.

He had no experience and no ideas except for 'change'.

He had lots of shall we call 'baggage' with the friends he kept.

He had the most extreme liberal voting record of ANY senator.

He stumbled in his speech.

He offended Joe the Plumber.

He lost the debates.

Why of Why ??? would we want this man as President?

It was time for a black president. It was time. Nothing racial about it. The nation was just ready for a novelty of a black president.

I believe in Hematology.

It was time for a black president. It was time. Nothing racial about it. The nation was just ready for a novelty of a black president.

"Novelty"....YOu think that the office of President is something to give away for a novelty????? You definately dont have much faith in the intelligence of the American people to decipher who would be best for the office.

You think that the american people are dumb....You think that they don't understand. Your estimatation of people is just plain ...for lack of a different word...'dysfunctional'. The excuses for Obama's election that comes thru here are amazingly incredible.....

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Democracy is important - but apparently sometimes it delivers the wrong result.

And 'nothing to offer but his skin' is in the eye of the beholder: some people actually *do* value education and knowledge.

Truth is important

Democracy is important - but apparently sometimes it delivers the wrong result.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

My point was more that everyone in a democracy needs to accept the will of the people and get on with it. Like it or not, the president is who was chosen by the people of America (although I'm afraid I can't resist adding 'or, in 2000, the Supreme Court' ;)). We might think Kerry was the better candidate, but Bush was re-elected and it was necessary to get on with that. Some might think McCain was a better candidate, but for better or worse President Obama was elected, with quite a large majority. Being a person who values democracy means being a person who accepts that their own views might not reflect those of the country as a whole.

Truth is important

Yes Bravus ... we do need to 'get on with it' but there are some that want to bring up old war wounds even though they won the election. Trashing your opponent in the ground after winning is not a way to bring the nation together. IMHO

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

True, but neither is claiming the President got there only based on the colour of his skin, IMO

How about we leave all that aside and get back to the topic of how America can get better? I see another nearly 5% drop on the markets today.

Truth is important

I haven't heard anyone saying that. Have you? If so ... please paste a quote.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Redwood wrote:

Quote:
IF Obama was not black ... he would not have been elected.

Short memory?

Truth is important

Quite a difference from your statement.

I believe in Hematology.

In most elections ... many factors are involved. Just one factor though can tip the scales and especially in closely elected states.

Best to be careful in putting words in people's mouths. Best to quote rather than to try to paraphrase.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Clearly there is some kind of interesting North American grammar that I am missing completely. To me, these two statements are exactly parallel in meaning:

- the President got there only based on the colour of his skin

- IF Obama was not black ... he would not have been elected

I'm genuinely interested to know what I'm missing that makes them have completely different meanings

Truth is important

Okay. The word 'only' could be interpreted in many ways. But I see your point.

I believe in Hematology.

Okay. The word 'only' could be interpreted in many ways. But I see your point.

Really? ......tell me...what was the point?

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Neil dude, he is being gracious and conceding a point. Let's support and applaud that!

Truth is important

Neil dude, he is being gracious and conceding a point. Let's support and applaud that!

yeah, but I want to make sure **I** know **WHICH** point he's conceding....Afterall,' "only" could be interpreted in many ways'....

George Bernard Shaw