ClubAdventist is back!

Hoping America gets worse

I think it's a sad state of affairs that the U.S. has come to this. Do you think if they had kept better regulations that there wouldn't be these super corporations now that are too big to fail?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Dr. Shane

• Neil D

• Bravus

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, absolutely...The fox [or should that be "Faux"] has been guarding the henhouse for so long that we have gotten used to all those large amounts of $$$$$ and we have been complaining about our insurances going up, and the prices of things going up and such...and guess who has been paying for it? YOU and ME>...Where is the level playing field for competition? It sure ain't around in the financial sector...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I pay bonuses to my employees at the end of the year. It's a good motivator for them, and generous on my part.

og

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Members

I hope its for a job that was profitable, and not for loosing you money. What I always liked was when the boss came over and told me or whom ever, what a good job we had done and that the customer was going to bring us more work. Now that's the best bonus I can think of. Almost like when Jesus will come to us and say "Well done thou good and faithful servant." Now that's an even better bonus, a bonus for working for others and not for greed!!!!!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I agree that many people, including myself, thrive on affirmation for a job well done. But that only goes so far. After a while, you start wondering what's going on if that's the only reward you get for helping someone else's business grow. I guess in this economy, one might just be thankful the business is still operating and they have a job. But typically, in a for-profit business one would expect to be compensated according to their contribution.

I hope its for a job that was profitable, and not for loosing you money. What I always liked was when the boss came over and told me or whom ever, what a good job we had done and that the customer was going to bring us more work. Now that's the best bonus I can think of. Almost like when Jesus will come to us and say "Well done thou good and faithful servant." Now that's an even better bonus, a bonus for working for others and not for greed!!!!!

pk

Yup.

It is a profit-sharing bonus.

og

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Quote:
But typically, in a for-profit business one would expect to be compensated according to their contribution.

Isn't that called a salary? In our organization your yearly review takes into consideration your job performance for salary increase.

Sure. It could be a bonus or a salary increase. Or a promotion. Something.

Quote:
Our president takes over $100,000 from AIG in campaign donations. Then he signs into legislation a bill crafted by his own party, with input from his own Treasury secretary, giving mega-bonuses to the execs of this bankrupt, federally bailed-out company — and then goes on the stump to trash the culture of Wall Street as typified by . . . AIG, of course.

Not to be outdone, Senator Dodd denies he put the AIG bonus provision in the bill, then — in a now familiar Obama administration habit — coughs up the truth that he in fact did when the evidence no longer allows him to prevaricate as is his wont. He, like our president, then goes the demagogic route, blasting the Wall Street placenta which nourished him through discounted mortgages, Irish cottages, and Fannie Mae cash — and, yes, like our president with over $100,000 in AIG cash.

We haven't heard from Representative Rangel recently. And why should we, given the failure of the House Ways and Means Committee chairman who oversees tax policy to pay proper taxes on unreported income, Rangel's serial abuse of rent-subsidized apartments, and his shake-down of corporations for money for his "Charles B. Rangel Center for Public Service at the City College of New York" — and, of course, his efforts to get millions from AIG and/or its execs for his eponymous "Center"? (Should we laugh or cry that it is to be a center devoted to "public service"?) But, as in the case of Dodd and Obama, those with the most AIG money in their pockets are usually the ones calling loudest for others' scalps. So ethicist Rangel now uses his position to post facto rewrite tax laws to get back the money from AIG that his party approved, his president signed into law, and he himself used to out-elbow others for.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

• Members

Interesting ichabod, where did you get that from.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:
Our president takes over $100,000 from AIG in campaign donations. Then he signs into legislation a bill crafted by his own party, with input from his own Treasury secretary, giving mega-bonuses to the execs of this bankrupt, federally bailed-out company — and then goes on the stump to trash the culture of Wall Street as typified by . . . AIG, of course.

Not to be outdone, Senator Dodd denies he put the AIG bonus provision in the bill, then — in a now familiar Obama administration habit — coughs up the truth that he in fact did when the evidence no longer allows him to prevaricate as is his wont. He, like our president, then goes the demagogic route, blasting the Wall Street placenta which nourished him through discounted mortgages, Irish cottages, and Fannie Mae cash — and, yes, like our president with over $100,000 in AIG cash.

We haven't heard from Representative Rangel recently. And why should we, given the failure of the House Ways and Means Committee chairman who oversees tax policy to pay proper taxes on unreported income, Rangel's serial abuse of rent-subsidized apartments, and his shake-down of corporations for money for his "Charles B. Rangel Center for Public Service at the City College of New York" — and, of course, his efforts to get millions from AIG and/or its execs for his eponymous "Center"? (Should we laugh or cry that it is to be a center devoted to "public service"?) But, as in the case of Dodd and Obama, those with the most AIG money in their pockets are usually the ones calling loudest for others' scalps. So ethicist Rangel now uses his position to post facto rewrite tax laws to get back the money from AIG that his party approved, his president signed into law, and he himself used to out-elbow others for.

Thank you Ichabod. This is very good. Where did you get it? This is well put together ... I would love the reference.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.