ClubAdventist is back!

Elder Darnall's dream

Gerr

• Moderators

I just received an email from Steve Wohlberg of White Horse ministries saying that an Elder Darnall had a dream back in 1980. He supposedly dreamed that a black man will someday be elected and that Jesus would come during his presidency. Also that said black man will be tall with cropped hair and large ears, that he would initially be well-liked but would become a dictator. Furthermore, this elder also supposedly dreamed that there would be just one more pope after John Paul.

Any of you guys ever heard of this?

Never heard of it, but it seems to be consistent with all that is going on at the moment.

We will never know when Jesus will return, but the signs are there.

And the sorrows are beginning.

• Moderators

but it seems to be consistent with all that is going on at the moment.

All that's gong on at the moment that is consistent with the dream is...

1. He's African-American

2. He's Tall

3. He has big ears

4. He is liked

Alot of African Americans that could have been elected president may have fitted this description 60 days into their presidency especially as regards to the liked thing.

Did this Elder write his dream? Is it just word of mouth? Did he have other dreams?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:

White Horse E-News - 03-26-2009

Header

Will Jesus return when Obama is President?

Dear friend,

We had a GREAT RESPONSE to our last e-newsletter, which shows us that MANY PEOPLE are reading it. We also received LOTS OF ORDERS for books and DVDs offered at discount prices. The Lord is good.

The book of Acts predicts, quoting Joel 2:28, that in "the last days… young men shall see visions… old men shall dream dreams" (Acts 2:17). A few days ago White Horse Media learned about a pastor in the 1980's who had a dream informing him that Jesus Christ would return during the time that America had a black president. Here are a few excerpts from the email we received:

"Back in the 1980s, Elder Jack Darnall… who ran an end-time training center to prepare people for end-time events, held a prayer meeting in his house. As the people were leaving, he called aside another man and said to him that he felt impressed to tell him an impressive dream that he had.

"In the dream, he dreamed that it was the time when Jesus returned to Earth in power and great glory. America had an African-American president (something unthinkable in the 1980s) when Jesus returned. He was tall and thin, with close-cropped hair and large ears. When elected, at first he was greatly beloved by the people, but then he became a terrible dictator.

"The dream was not widely discussed, because at that time they could not see a black man being voted in as president with so much prejudice in the country still.

"It was just a dream, but an unlikely one at the time... We are not saying Pastor Jack Darnall was a prophet. We are simply saying that he had a dream. It may have been from the Lord, after all, the Lord said that at the end-times 'your old men shall dream dreams.' Joel 2:28. Time will tell whether this dream fits into that category. File it away in the back of your brain for future reference."

Apparently, the story was verified to be true. In other words, Elder Darnall really did have this dream. There was another point in the dream worth mentioning: there would be one more pope after John Paul II.

As the above quote states, "Time will tell." At White Horse Media, we are not prophets. Neither do we jump at every dream we hear about. Nevertheless, we felt that this one was worth sharing for you to think about.

Steve Wohlberg

www.whitehorsemedia.com

• Members

I think that this is a pretty interesting dream. So the dream does have some validity, I think. Thing is he didn't say if this would be the first African American president or another one in a number of years from now. So this dream could still be in the future. But you have to believe this is interesting. So lets be awake.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

I think it's scary. I feel like you all know so much more about the Bible and what to expect, but I end up feeling like throwing up my hands because I *don't* know everything. Truly, it *does* frighten me.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

I'd like to see this dream written down somewhere from before 2006 or so: all too easily to construct in retrospect. And with Christian pastors (oddly, always from the right politically) calling Obama everything from Hitler to the antichrist, the narrative of him becoming a dictator is already a pretty familiar one.

Like everything, we both need to wait and see and to test the spirits... and the fact that these guys are selling stuff also gives me pause.

Truth is important

• Moderators

What matters most, Pam, is to KNOW the Shepherd and love Him enough to obey His voice, and you are completely safe.

If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing, 1 Cor 13:2 NLT.

Some time ago; about the mid 1980's, a gentleman (age mid 40's) at the small church I attended was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Although he subsequently died, not long before his death he shared with the church, insights he believed were given him from Divine Inspiration.

The primary insight he shared was this; "there would be just one more pope after John Paul," a belief he supported with scripture. And though I cannot recall the scriptural basis for this belief, at the time, the presentation seemed to make a lot of sense.

• Moderators

I'd like to see this dream written down somewhere from before 2006 or so: all too easily to construct in retrospect. And with Christian pastors (oddly, always from the right politically) calling Obama everything from Hitler to the antichrist, the narrative of him becoming a dictator is already a pretty familiar one.

Like everything, we both need to wait and see and to test the spirits... and the fact that these guys are selling stuff also gives me pause.

My sentiments exactly.

The Radical Right will stoop to anything to undermine a Democratic president.

I plan to let God lead. We have no idea how the end times will play out -- except from Bible prophecy we already know we're living in the very last days, right now. And the final movements will be rapid ones.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Quote:
the narrative of him (Obama) becoming a dictator is already a pretty familiar one.

You are not seeing the trends? The list over the past 70 days is impressive and growing.

I think it's scary. I feel like you all know so much more about the Bible and what to expect, but I end up feeling like throwing up my hands because I *don't* know everything. Truly, it *does* frighten me.

Pam,

How do you read the Great Controversy? What does it say?

I took a lot of bible study classes on the last days...And everyone of them have a leap of faith.... that something radical is going to happen...It's usually something that entails ....all of the general world.... [minus Gods people, of course].... banding together ...[and over coming thier prejudice/denying thier culture]...to over come intrusion of truth to the conscious mind ...that they are stubbornly going to resist...

But when I read the bible/great controversy, I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't happen that way...It's about relationships, and sharing and doing what comes naturally thru the Spirit...That's what the Gospel is about, and that's what Revelation and last day event are about...

All this stuff that you are hearing about....is a spiritual battle...."They" are trying to make you fear...and shake your relationship with Jesus...So, stay close to Jesus...and remember, the Gospel and the Last day events are all the same issue...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

We don't need this dream-- at least we shouldn't--in order to do what the Bible says to do, to be always ready and watching. Whether it is true, as several have already said, time will tell. But one thing is for sure, Christ could have come a long time ago, so we know that time is short. Exactly how short we don't know, of course, but we know that God's not waiting for a particular time. The signs are all around us that things could happen fast.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I just received an email from Steve Wohlberg of White Horse ministries saying that an Elder Darnall had a dream back in 1980. He supposedly dreamed that a black man will someday be elected and that Jesus would come during his presidency. Also that said black man will be tall with cropped hair and large ears, that he would initially be well-liked but would become a dictator. Furthermore, this elder also supposedly dreamed that there would be just one more pope after John Paul.

Any of you guys ever heard of this?

Not before you brought it up. Here's something I found on the net.

"

"Back in the 1980s, Elder Jack Darnall... who ran an end-time training center to prepare people for end-time events, held a prayer meeting in his house. As the people were leaving, he called aside another man and said to him that he felt impressed to tell him an impressive dream that he had.

"In the dream, he dreamed that it was the time when Jesus returned to Earth in power and great glory. America had an African-American president (something unthinkable in the 1980s) when Jesus returned. He (the African-American president) was tall and thin, with close-cropped hair and large ears. When elected, at first he was greatly beloved by the people, but then he became a terrible dictator.

"The dream was not widely discussed, because at that time they could not see a black man being voted in as president with so much prejudice in the country still.

"It was just a dream, but an unlikely one at the time... We are not saying Pastor Jack Darnall was a prophet. We are simply saying that he had a dream.

It may have been from the Lord, after all, the Lord said that at the end-times 'your old men shall dream dreams.' Joel 2:28. Time will tell whether this dream fits into that category.

File it away in the back of your brain for future reference."

Apparently, the story was verified to be true. In other words, Elder Darnall really did have this dream. There was another point in the dream worth mentioning: there would be one more pope after John Paul II."

http://www.christianblog.com/blog/disciplevance/axioms-assumptions-and-the-second-coming-of-christ/

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

We will never know when Jesus will return,

While the Word does say no man knows the day or the hour, it also states the generation that would be alive at His coming.

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."

Matt 24:14,29-35 NKJV underlined mine LHC

Maranatha! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

What matters most, Pam, is to KNOW the Shepherd and love Him enough to obey His voice, and you are completely safe.

If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing, 1 Cor 13:2 NLT.

And, Rudy, remember when you feel you don't measure up___

"That ye may be the child.. of your Father which is in heaven: ...he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. "Matthew 5:45 KJV

"Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--" Ephesians 3:20 KJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I'm happy to wait and see.

O'course, I don't live in America. bwink

Seems there were 10 virgins and they all slept. The redeeming virtue was making sure they had oil, symbolic of the Holy Spirit.

And one of the best ways to receive of the Spirit is by inviting Him to teach you as you read the Word.

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Got an e-mail... Found it on the internets... So it must be true!!!

reyesbwink

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Two questions were asked 1 When shall THESE THINGS be? and 2

What shall be the sign of Thy coming?

Two answers were given...1 this generation shall not pass until all THESE THINGS be fulfilled and 2 BUT of THAT DAY and hour knoweth no man. It is quite plain really.

"this generation" means those who were listening to Him....mel

Not according to Ellen White's interpretation of "this generation"

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

I grew up under the "this generation" thing and now I have great grand children. Where are the EGW generation now?...mel

• Moderators

Very good post, Bob, and wise advice.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.