ClubAdventist is back!

Elder Darnall's dream

Gerr

• Moderators

I grew up under the "this generation" thing and now I have great grand children. Where are the EGW generation now?...mel

The people who left Egypt probably said the same thing. Except for a few people, all died and their carcasses rotted in the desert. Whose fault was it? Theirs. Lack of faith and obedience. See Hebrew 3 and 4. The same applies to us. It's possible that everyone alive today will rot in the ground, including your great grand children. Would that mean God's a liar or that the Bible is false?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

No it would mean that scripture has been misinterpreted. Why not admit it? It's not the first mistake and probably not the last....mel

The email alone is not evidence. But when you look at ALL the things going on, I just can't understand how anyone could not think the end is not near. Yet I do not see many people behaving like they did in the 1840's.

Got an e-mail... Found it on the internets... So it must be true!!!

reyesbwink

Personal testimony. Somebody I'd never seen before, didn't know from Adam's off ox, gave me a little larger size than credit card, book, cheaply bound. So cheap it would have been washed away in a heavy rainstorm. Something (or Someone) told me to open it to investigate. I did. The book contained a chapter about Jesus.

What a simple way to introduce the Truth. Would God ever use a simple way to tell the Truth? He used a Babe in a manger to introduce Himself. It developed a problem though. Most of the "wise" refused to accept the method, even to the point of crucifying Whoever chose to accept the method.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth.... it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11 KJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Yes, it has been misinterpreted. I thought you knew that.

Most if not all the Bible has been misinterpreted at one time or another.

It's not a new thing with the Bible. Try giving any writing to a class and asking them to write their thoughts on what it says. That's the way people are.

There are lots of reasons for this. For one thing, not everyone has the same ability to comprehend language. Some concentrate better than others. Everyone's background is a little different, so they come to the words with different preconceptions, to say nothing of misconceptions and misinformation.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
Got an e-mail... Found it on the internets... So it must be true!!!

Well I find FAR more truth on the internet than in the newspaper or TV.

I trust the internet. It is revealing evil. That's why the Chinese are so fearful of it. So many scandals have been broken on the internet. It is the new Fourth Estate. It is more powerful than any printing press.

To berate the internet is to deny to extraordinary effect it is having on freedom. The internet completely destroys the traditional power structure. Many are threatened by that.

That's why they will stop it. They have already started their plan. Each government has their own way but in a few years the freedom we enjoy here will be gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship

Curiously the "ONE THING" White Horse Ministry does stand behind is that the details of the dream were related as represented in the article - in 1980's.

The "don't believe it if it is ever posted on the internet" group seems to have missed that point.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

This dream, if it is true, should have the same affect on us as all other true dreams from God. It should not bring about fear, or sensationalism. I should not bring about life changing attitudes and action other then driving us to scripture and therefore to the feet of Jesus. It is possible to view all prophetic messages not as an end in and of themselves but instead to have been designed to bring about greater trust in our God.

God said something would happen and it did. He said something else would happen and it did. This has repeated itself down through ages with fulfillment after fulfillment bringing people to have confidence in the saving power of God. In the midst of a world that is bombarding us with proof that we don’t deserve to be saved and will not be saved God is working through every method to bring us reason to trust Him and to build our relationship of confidence in our Savior.

This dream could be true but I try not to let experiences outside the Bible be the basis of my thought and actions. EGW said when asked if there would be another prophet after her that there would be no need if we followed the info we have already been given. If we had followed the Bible as we should have there may have been no need of any further revelation.

Put the horse before the cart!

The point is it just shouldn't matter . We should be ready now. I am .... are YOU? (You meaning all of you) As the old song goes ... "Are you ready for Jesus ... to come?"

Come quickly Lord.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

in a few years the freedom we enjoy here will be gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship

Interesting that you should bring that up. Perhaps the reflection

is not conclusive but it definitely falls in line with some earlier years of prophetic counseling, as also in agreement with Elder Darnalls dream.

"Chap. 182 - The Threefold Union of Religion

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Rev. 16:13, 14.

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation [the United States] will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {Mar 190.1}

Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions. While the former lays the foundation of spiritualism, the latter creates a bond of sympathy with Rome. The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience. . . . {Mar 190.2}

Papists, Protestants, and worldling will alike accept the form of godliness without the power, and they will see in this union a grand movement for the conversion of the world and the ushering in of the long-expected millennium. {Mar 190.3}

When our nation [the United States] shall so abjure the principles of its government as to enact a Sunday law, Protestantism will in this act join hands with popery; it will be nothing else than giving life to the tyranny which has long been eagerly watching its opportunity to spring again into active despotism. {Mar 190.4}"

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Amen!

It is interesting that the "it shouldn't matter" message about the signs of the end -- is missing from Ellen White's statements as well as from Noah's message.

-------------------

The Gospel message to the unsaved is to warn them to "flee the wrath to come" - what if there is even "fear" that plays a part for the saved - in motivating them to "perseverance". The saved are not to live in fear that they are "not saved" but rather -- they are to seek for daily Rom 8:16 affirmation of assurance. They are to let perfect faith focus the fear into channels of obedience and calm assurance. Perserverance that will no longer let you simply "drift back to sleep and compromise" such that you would not have to join the vast majority of Christianity on that fateful day when they lament "the harvest is past, the summer is ended and my soul is not saved"Jer 8:20 (Maranatha p 106).

That fear some are describing is their "survival instinct" kicking in telling them to "Get out the way of that bus!". Time to make your move.

Notice what Noah did...

Quote:

http://egwdatabase.whiteestate.org/nxt/gateway.dll?f=templates$fn=default.htm$vid=default

SIGNS of the TIMES – Feb 27, 1879

As far as human wisdom could see, the event predicted by Noah was not likely to occur. Rain had never fallen; a mist or dew had watered the earth.

The Lord had given the warning, and that was enough for Noah. The arguments of the philosophers were nothing to him, when the message of God was sounding in his ears, "The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth." {ST, February 27, 1879 par. 14}

Noah, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house. He had that fear which should characterize the life of every Christian. The perfect faith of Noah intensified his fear. The threatened wrath of God, which was to fall upon man and beast, and upon the earth, led him to prepare the ark. His faith, and his fear of God's anger, produced obedience. Noah did not hesitate to obey God. He urged no excuse, that the labor of building that ark was great and expensive. He believed God, and invested in the ark all that he possessed, while the wicked world scoffed and made themselves merry at the deluded old man. {ST, February 27, 1879 par. 15}

They had more opportunity for their unbelief and mockery, because God did not at once carry out his purpose. But the lapse of time did not cause the faith of Noah to waver;

But by contrast - the not-Noah group will all cry "peace and safety" according to Paul (1Thess 5:1-2).

in Christ,

Bob

• Moderators

Same question I've asked elsewhere recently, though.

If Obama does become a dictator and link up with the pope, it will be extremely obvious that I was wrong and I'll happily acknowledge it.

But if, in 4 or 8 years, the Obama administration plainly and normally transitions to a newly elected administration, in the normal way... what then?

Will you be prepared to recognise that you have 'cried wolf'?

Truth is important

Oh Pleeeeez ... Pray that it not be 8 years. I can't image him getting reelected after what he has and is doing to this country. I think that many many have become wise to him already.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

If Obama does become a dictator and link up with the pope, it will be extremely obvious that I was wrong and I'll happily acknowledge it.

But if, in 4 or 8 years, the Obama administration plainly and normally transitions to a newly elected administration, in the normal way... what then?

no, because we will still be heading in that direction. Jesus 2nd coming is coming closer not further away. Every thing that is happening is happening for a reason.

• Moderators

But this is the whole point. Here we have a very, very specific prophecy. If it is factually disproved then it is disproved. We can argue about long term trends all we like, but if the African-American president with the prominent ears does not become a dictator that prophecy is wrong. Any other way lies madness.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Oh Pleeeeez ... Pray that it not be 8 years. I can't image him getting reelected after what he has and is doing to this country. I think that many many have become wise to him already.

If we held another election now and a republican got elected president, we would still be heading in the same direction!!! Bush and his predecessors got us here; Obama will just get us there and faster but still in the same direction!

• Moderators

Not to mention that, if you held another election now, based on the opinion polls the Democrats would be returned with an increased majority... clearly not everyone sees the situation the same as some of our friends here.

Truth is important

But this is the whole point. Here we have a very, very specific prophecy. If it is factually disproved then it is disproved. We can argue about long term trends all we like, but if the African-American president with the prominent ears does not become a dictator that prophecy is wrong. Any other way lies madness.

Oops, my bad. I took your quote way out of context. Yes, somebody would have to say that they cried wolf, if he doesn't become a dictator. I will not tell others about this "prophecy" until it becomes more clear. Right now I'm trying to get people to believe the Bible.

Has anyone answered that as the "I am declaring on a stack of Bibles that Elder Darnall had an inspired dream" person you seem to be looking for?

On the flip side of that coin - "I suppose" someone could have said to Noah "well after the boat is built if it does not rain then we will know you are wrong". And while the logic in that argument would certainly be proven true (i.e. that was a valid test that they would be proposing) -- in the end I think it turned out to be "sorry comfort" for the vast majority of earth's population.

in Christ,

Bob

• Moderators

Of course. But as I've pointed out before, there are true warnings and false warnings, true prophets and false prophets. You have decided in your own mind that this is a true warning. Numerous warning signs suggest to me that it's a false one. Your continuing to say loudly that it is a true warning, and to tie it to past true warnings such as that of Noah, does not in itself establish that it is a true warning.

Truth is important