ClubAdventist is back!

Elder Darnall's dream

Gerr

The title of that article is "lets avoid the Hysteria"

Which is good.

But lets not ignore facts or evidence.

Pastor Darnall's dream is a rumor. Maybe God did give him a dream for some reason. But if God wanted us to know about it He would have impressed pastor Darnall to record it.

Lets not get sidetracked.

There are developments happening all the time. Lets look for facts and compare it to what we know from the bible.

When the Holy Spirit is poured out in very last of the last days, I'm confident that we will be able to discern the Holy Spirit's messages from the false demonic spirits.

How will we know?

While I agree with your statement, I believe that we will only be able to discern the true from the false with two interlocking methods. First we must do as the Bible says and test the messages/phenomena. Secondly we should be so close to the Holy Spirit continuously that we immediately recognise Him and His actions.

Both of these things are vital and should be used together.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you done a poll to determine this? Or did you ask each one individually?

Its just my opinion based on my observations of the spiritual maturity of our average NAD SDA. I travel a lot, and visit different churches, which gives you a feel for things. You learn a lot by visiting Sabbath School classes, by listening to the questions and the answers. Where I live we have a large SDA University, and nearby little country churches as well, plus medium size churches urban and suburban churches.

"Lux Lucet in Tenebris"

Originally Posted By: TruthWave

When the Holy Spirit is poured out in very last of the last days, I'm confident that we will be able to discern the Holy Spirit's messages from the false demonic spirits.

How will we know?

While I agree with your statement, I believe that we will only be able to discern the true from the false with two interlocking methods. First we must do as the Bible says and test the messages/phenomena. Secondly we should be so close to the Holy Spirit continuously that we immediately recognise Him and His actions.

Both of these things are vital and should be used together.

Graeme

True. But, the fact of the matter is that a large percentage of SDAs will leave us, which makes you wonder, were those members really studying the Bible and searching for truth that exposes deception? Truth is still not popular in this politically correct age that we live in, and its not too popular in some of our psuedo-SDA/Evangelical churches in the NAD.

"Lux Lucet in Tenebris"

Let me guess......the only SDA's who have real truth, know real truth or understand real truth will be those that understand truth in the same way you do. Would that be a wrong or right guess?

No, that is not the issue. The issue is the fact that most of the people on planet, including many professed SDAs, will in the end, give their worship to Satan, while a much smaller group will give their worship to Jesus.

"Lux Lucet in Tenebris"

As I stated previously (on 3-25 and 3-31), when White Horse Media first learned about this dream we felt the information was worth sharing simply as an "FYI" for people to consider and file away in their hearts. That's all. Two weeks later, especially after learning certain details from those who claim to have known the dreamer personally, and who question his credibility, we feel compelled to clarify that White Horse Media does NOT endorse the dreamer or the dream at all.

I recall another Person Whose credibility was questioned as a result of having dreams (visions?) for the benefit of His children. Many accepted the questioning as being more valid than the possibility of His truthfulness and they fled as soon as the major players of the religious community turned with spiteful hatred against the Dreamer. Some came to see their mistake and eventually repented, praise God.

"...in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."" Acts 38,39 NIV

It hurts not, to sit back and let the party concerned, time to develop and see if he fits the dream. If he doesn't, well and good, it was only a dream. But if he is , in reality, the player seen in the dream, then we which took sides against him will find it hard to repent of our unsubstantiated bias against God's efforts to encourage those for whom He has special care.

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

thumbsup

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yes, indeed, it is going to take divine wisdom to discern the true and false in the last days, and then once we have discerned then will we take a strong stand for truth?

"Lux Lucet in Tenebris"

Which is why I tend to just keep this kind of stuff on the back burner of my mind and not get all emotionally involved in these kinds of discussions. It can easily turn into a lot of wasted energy.

Of course, I believe Jesus is coming soon, but our timing is not His timing. My "job" is to concentrate on being spiritually ready all of the time.

LAS :)

I would add that its our job to be filled with the spirit. The Bible says we MUST be filled with the spirit when Jesus comes or we will be lost.

That means we must schedule God into our lives. We have to make a choice to seek Him out several times a day. We can't just pretend He is our God.

We need to turn off the TV and turn our attention to Him.

Yes, indeed, it is going to take divine wisdom to discern the true and false in the last days, and then once we have discerned then will we take a strong stand for truth?

Ok - since there are a number of witnesses that confirm the account for Darnall in the 1980's - let's suppose for the sake of argument that he was talking about our current situation and you were convinced that this administration is truly our "one and only" -- our last and it is as good as it's gonna get - already.

What would you do in the "stand for the truth" option above? Make this a new doctrine?

Or would you sell the house and move to the hills?

Seriously evangelize your neighbors?

what?

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Members

I think we should be witnesses in the way we live. We shouldn't have to wait to see what's going to happen next. The Bible says not to be asleep, always be ready. So if we are ready nothing will surprise us. Do I think that we should take this man seriously? Sure why not. Here we are 30 some years later and we do have an African American president. But having said that, do I think that we should go overboard? Absolutely not! We need to look at each thing and put it in its place. But most importantly be right with our Lord and Savior.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Indeed - it is yet another wake-up call like the ones listed in the OP in the link below -

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthread...html#Post226925

AA260 Ellen White says that it is a sin to be indifferent to the signs of the times -- and to quiet all apprehension about the event.

hmmm - yet another wakeup call.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Members

Bob interesting link. I think I have read some of that thread, but it reminds me of Mel Gibson's movie on the Passion. I heard scores of muslims went to see this movie, maybe not for the same reasons as your link points out. But many could come to Jesus, because of a small seed that gets planted there.

pk

phkrause

Indeed - it is yet another wake-up call like the ones listed in the OP in the link below -

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthread...html#Post226925

AA260 Ellen White says that it is a sin to be indifferent to the signs of the times -- and to quiet all apprehension about the event.

hmmm - yet another wakeup call.

in Christ,

Bob

I find it unreasonable to assume that someone other than a member of the family of God (Jesus or friend) would be interested in spreading the Word about probable or likely upcoming calamities so that we might be warned about the impending coming of Jesus. Even if a person does not feel the need for such efforts to be made for themselves, since they are fully satisfied they are doing all that the Godhead would have them do, to discourage others in their attempt to persuade of the lateness of the hour could identify where the heart lies in it's longing to see Jesus, the sooner the better.

"....so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him." Hebrews 9:28 NASB

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Would it not be in the enemy's interest to have believers 'cry wolf' so often that none believe them when they give true warnings?

Truth is important

Would it not be in the enemy's interest to have believers 'cry wolf' so often that none believe them when they give true warnings?

Well it would seem that's somewhat what happened during the 120 years before the flood. Crying wolf seems to have little affect on those who care little for their fellow travelers in this world, or at the least, care far more for their own convenience and comfort than for those who are in trouble, especially when the ones in trouble "brought it on themselves".

"Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins."Isaiah 58:1 KJV

"I am sending you to them who are stubborn and obstinate children, and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD.'

"As for them, whether they listen or not--for they are a rebellious house--they will know that a prophet has been among them.

"And you, son of man, neither fear them nor fear their words, though thistles and thorns are with you and you sit on scorpions; neither fear their words nor be dismayed at their presence, for they are a rebellious house.

"But you shall speak My words to them whether they listen or not, for they are rebellious." Ezekiel 2:4 NASB

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I disagree. I think the biggest problem in NAD today is the boy who cried wolf syndrome. Unless there is clear evidence and I believe there is, then these thinks should be handled carefully. The bible says try the spirits. We need to do that constantly.

What I find troubling is dreams from people who are not bible students. In the Bible God always used people who we close to Him.

The bible is crying wolf. People who watch the signs of the times are just repeating what the bible says.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

'Crying wolf' means reporting danger when there is no real danger - check out the story the expression comes from. Are you saying *that's* what the Bible is doing? I don't think so.

Truth is important

Quote:
What I find troubling is dreams from people who are not bible students. In the Bible God always used people who we close to Him.

And most of the time He used people who knew how to spell.

As far as Benedict being the last pope. I can see it how that is true. If you notice in Revelation 17:9-10

"And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth, and there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is(JOHN PAUL II), and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space(BENEDICT)."

1929 Rome became it's own country again. The popes are now kings again. So since 1929, there have been 7 popes. We are currently on number 7. It continues.

11: "And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition."

Though I do not know what 11 truly means. When you dwell upon the verse it makes it seem as if the 8th pope will be one of the 7 fallen ones. Oh how the world would marvel if they witnessed a dead pope resurrected...(Obviously it would be a demon) Notice the one in power is John Paul II..Is that a hint?

Something to think about...And also, the time is coming soon, so hold on to Jesus for dear life!!

Be careful here. You are rocking the boat. There are many people who like the boat just the way it is.

When you start applying scripture to current day events, you are predicting Jesus second coming. Remember NO MAN knowth the day or the hour!!!.

People have been saying Jesus is coming since I was a teenager.

We have church theologians who have studied this stuff. There is nothing to be concerned about.

Our church leaders are showing us all the time in the church publications that there are people out there trying to scare people. One guy was even saying we should store food.

Click to reveal..
I am teasing you because this is what people say to me when I try to show them signs of the times.

Be careful here. You are rocking the boat. There are many people who like the boat just the way it is.

When you start applying scripture to current day events, you are predicting Jesus second coming. Remember NO MAN knowth the day or the hour!!!.

People have been saying Jesus is coming since I was a teenager.

We have church theologians who have studied this stuff. There is nothing to be concerned about.

Our church leaders are showing us all the time in the church publications that there are people out there trying to scare people. One guy was even saying we should store food.

Click to reveal..
I am teasing you because this is what people say to me when I try to show them signs of the times.

Ah true. What is important is just keeping our eyes on Jesus!

Revelation 17:9-10

"And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth, and there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is(JOHN PAUL II), and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space(BENEDICT)."

1929 Rome became it's own country again. The popes are now kings again. So since 1929, there have been 7 popes. We are currently on number 7. It continues.

11: "And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition."

Though I do not know what 11 truly means. When you dwell upon the verse it makes it seem as if the 8th pope will be one of the 7 fallen ones. Oh how the world would marvel if they witnessed a dead pope resurrected...(Obviously it would be a demon) Notice the one in power is John Paul II..Is that a hint?

Something to think about...And also, the time is coming soon, so hold on to Jesus for dear life!!

"I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am He." John 13:19 NIV

Thank you, Lutz13, that tidbit of logic has never entered this mind before and adds a little more excitement about the possibilities for the very near future to this expectant child of God.

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!