ClubAdventist is back!

Speaking of Angels

Ellen

Can Angels read out thoughts? ARe they the ones who write down what we are thinking?

Some people say the devil can't know what we are thinking, he is an angel. (or not)

There is no indication in the scripture that angels can read our thoughts.

1)They have free-will.

2)Supernatural discernment

3)Supernatural strength

4)Capacity to manifest themselves in physical form as God wills

5)Ability to transcend physical confinements such as time and space

But, God has not given them the authority to reproduce. Those who did have a special place in hell where they are confined (Jude 6)

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

I agree that they can not read our thoughts, however, I do question the ability to "transcend physical confinements such as time and space"....I have no problem with space....but that time confinement is a bit of a stretch....Care to put up the evidence, in your own words, how angels can transend time?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

When Jesus prayed for strength in the Garden an angel was there immediately with food. Seems to me he moved pretty fast.............

Hi, Gladussee,

I am curious. Where does it say that the angel brought Jesus food in the Garden? I can't find the verse, and I don't recall ever having heard that before. It says in Luke 22:43 "An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him" but I can't find any reference to the angel giving Him food. I have looked in Desire of Ages, but it tells there of Gabriel coming to strengthen Jesus, but that was with words of assurance, not with food.

Please satisfy my curiosity!

Beryl

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.

• 1 month later...

I think you are right about the food, Beryl.

Also, the angel that came to Jesus may not have been very far away when he was needed, Gladusee

I wonder where Moses is today! and Enoch and Elijah.