ClubAdventist is back!

Christian(?) Site: Bush Revealed

Nicodema

A comment from MICHAEL MARCAVAGE of REPENT AMERICA

"So many well-meaning Christians continue to reject the Truth about President Bush for the sake of conservatism. As Christians, we are not conservatives, but disciples of Jesus Christ who recognize and proclaim where right and wrong come from..." (emphasis added)

For those who don't know who REPENT AMERICA is -- it is a Christian organization behind the Philadelphia 11 (alternately known as the Philly 4 or Philly 5) arrests -- Christians who were arrested for preaching at a gay pride event recently. For all you ultra-conservative types out there, sit up and pay attention: Repent America is AGAINST homosexuality and AGAINST abortion. (I am not saying this site is BY Repent America -- I just bring up RA because RA links to this site and this site contains supportive comments by RA.)

But apparently they don't have blinders on about Bush ... or about conservatism as an agenda in itself ... so check it out: BUSH REVEALED

Or do they?

Some of the views on this site are so freaking extreme by themselves I have to wonder if this wasn't intended simply as a mirror exercise or rather, to "out-conservative" the so-called conservatives. These people seem obsessed with the fact that Bush isn't out there bashing other religions or stomping gays in the streets~! Matter of fact their chief complaints about him seem to be about any aspect in which he might be seen as tolerant or moderate. Hmmm ... I smell a disinformation scheme ... caveat emptor!!!

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

Seriously Shane, you're a pretty conservative and right-leaning moderate yourself -- what do you think of the stance of a group like this? (BTW after further examination it DOES appear that Repent America and Bush Revealed are the same group ... each links to one another...)

Specifically -- as a Christian -- do you think Bush is "too soft" on abortion? Too tolerant of homosexuality? Too lenient and embracing of Islam?

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

I don't think Bush is too soft on abortion or homosexuality but again, I am closer to the middle than the extreame right.

The extreame right favors only allowing abortion in case the mother's life is in danger. While I may agree with them that that is the only time it is morally justified, I believe the law should allow others who disagree with those morals to have abortions in the cases of known birth defects, medical issues (such as cancer treatment), rape or incest. However beyond that I believe the law needs to protect the unborn child.

I do not object to homosexual unions but do object to homosexual marriage. Homosexuality is damaging to those that get involved with it. Homosexuals are more likely to be alcoholics, drug addicts, suffer depression and commit suicide. The governement has the obligation to protect the rights of all its citizens, including homosexuals. Civil unions allow homosexuals to visit each other in the hospital or prison and they allow homosexuals inheritance rights, etc.

I am not in favor of homosexual marriage. Marriage, by its design, is a building block of society. Good marriages make good societies. Homosexuality is not a good building block of society. As I mentioned, homosexuals are more likely to suffer from alcoholism, drug addiction, depression and suicide. That obviously doesn't make for a good society. Besides that the meaning of the word "marriage" would need to be changed to allow homosexual marriage. It would be like making bitter candy (if it is bitter it must not be candy).

One issue that needs to be addressed is mental health. Many health insurance plans do not cover mental health. The divorce rate for the last 40 years should be evidence enough of the need for mental health coverage. There are also Christian mental health care providers for homosexuals. I find it odd that those who are concerned about the impact homosexual marriage will have on society are not concerned about the lack of mental health coverage for Americans.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity