ClubAdventist is back!

Right Wing Terrorists

"There are thousands that have been addicted to complaining; they are chronic grumblers. But all such will never enter heaven." Ellen White in 1SAT p.202.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Woody

• Bravus

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

So why are you complaining, Redwood? It's the same ol' thing....You are starting to repeat yourself...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

"There are thousands that have been addicted to complaining; they are chronic grumblers. But all such will never enter heaven." Ellen White in 1SAT p.202.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Redwood, if I have an issue with you, I take it to PM. I do this because I know this is your personal preference, and do it as a courtesy to you. It is not a general guideline of this forum, and your personal preferences cannot rule my behaviour in relation to anyone other than you. You can suggest that comments and critique be taken to PM, but you cannot demand it, and in the final analysis I will make my own decisions.

I did not complain. I suggested to others that there was no point in further dialogue with bonnie. I did not speak to bonnie directly. I did not call her names, despite Redwood's creative editing of my post. I described her behaviour, as I saw it, as part of my suggestion to others not to further engage her in debate. It is entirely up to others what they do with that suggestion.

Truth is important

In this case ... the use of 'stupid woman' in reference to Bonnie is a violation of the first three rules established for this Forum. Not to mention the final one that explains the remedy for this attack. It may also be in violation of rule number 6 depending upon the interpretation of the use of 'woman'. I will leave that one to others interpretation as I don't know if it was sexist or not.

Quote:
Rule 1) Don't call names or make personal attacks against other members.

2) No belittling of individual members

3) Only rebut issues, NOT the members who write them.

6) Don't denigrate whole groups of people by the use of name-calling or negative stereotypes.

. If anyone makes a personal attack on a poster than that person will be asked to ammend their post or if it's too late to ammend, then a public apology will be made.

Again ... name calling is not allowed on this forum. And I only suggested taking it to PMs as a suggestion for if you feel it has to be done. My recommendation is to just not participate in the name calling and personal attacks whether it be on the forum or in PMs.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Two things:

1. I did not ever, ever say the words 'stupid woman'. Read my post again. That's something entirely in your head. I did use the word 'crazy' and the word 'woman', but not together. At least be honest and accurate in your responses.

2. The message was not to or for bonnie, so a PM to bonnie would have been completely irrelevant.

Truth is important

I really do think it is time to just disengage from this crazy, humorless woman. All the points she made about the KKK platform are confused and utterly miss the point. She is living in a fantasy land of bitterness, hate and fear.

Redwood, that is the origional quote from the post....The word "stupid" was not there....

You are trolling again...looking to start an arguement....You can stop this immediately...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I had already quoted the entire attack. I didn't know you wanted it quoted again. Seems rather nit picky. Yes ... you called her 'crazy' rather than 'stupid'. My error. And I am not sure why you want this to drag on. But here it is AGAIN in it's entirety. It is still a violation of the rules no matter how you want to spin it. Can you honestly say it does not belittle her in any way. To belittle her is in violation of Rule number 2 if you don't consider this calling her a name.

Quote:
I really do think it is time to just disengage from this crazy, humorless woman. All the points she made about the KKK platform are confused and utterly miss the point. She is living in a fantasy land of bitterness, hate and fear.

And to my friend Neil who says:

Quote:
You can stop this immediately

Sorry bud. According to Bravus ... this is a nonmoderated forum. So, no rules apply ???? Seems strange. But I do know that Neil is not the boss here. Like I said ... eventually Stan has to come and tell us to take our toys elsewhere. Seems silly that we can moderate ourselves. And recognize that calling someone a 'crazy' woman is not acceptable for this forum. At some point when there is a self moderated forum ... the members need to be responsible enough to do what is right.

Quote:
looking to start an arguement

No argument wanted. All Bravus has to do is to acknowledge breaking the rules and do what the rules say is the remedy. It is you guys who are arguing. Just do what is right on this 'nonmoderated' forum.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

OK, let's leave it. The rules are for the moderators, and this forum has no moderator, ergo the rules do not apply.

The rules of decorum and courtesy apply, but since in my opinion the vast majority of what you, bonnie and there buster post here break those rules, and my post above does not, and in your opinion the opposite is the case, that doesn't take us far.

I can only post as my conscience guides me. And you, I'm afraid, are not my conscience.

Let us each look to our own houses.

Truth is important

Quote:
OK, let's leave it. The rules are for the moderators, and this forum has no moderator, ergo the rules do not apply.

This one is a new one on me. If it is true ... then I stand corrected. But I would like a ruling from Administration as to whether the rules apply here.

The heading on the rules state:

Quote:
Rules for posting On Adventistforum:

If nonmoderated forums are not considered a part of the Adventist Forum ... then I stand corrected. It might be good to change the heading of the rules ... to say "Rules for moderated posting on the Adventist Forum."

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Quote:
Don't complain

Yes Bonnie. That reminds me of ...

"There are thousands that have been addicted to complaining; they are chronic grumblers. But all such will never enter heaven." Ellen White in 1SAT 202.

Do you believe that quote?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

In the interests of peace, harmony and raising the tone of this forum, I unconditionally withdraw, resile from and apologise for my post that has caused all this contention. The only way things are going to get better is if each of us commit to change, so I'm making a start.

Truth is important

• Moderators

I really appreciate that, Bravus. Thank you for your good attitude. :-)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Redwood,

This whole thing is rather humorous. The ever shifting rules and the comments over something Laz said.

Nothing said to Neil at all,yet Neil responds to something with he considers biting humor. When I did not respond and give him further ammunition he provides his own and "calls it a kindness".

In response Bravus must defend his friend from an attack that never took place. Telling Neil I did not consider his post biting humor must be seen as an attack.

Yet the post that Neil must have seen as an attack is something that only responded to Laz,the pastor drawing a comparison between conservative ideology and the KKK.

Neil's "biting humor" and the outburst by Bravus is really not that important.

It did take the focus off that of course and make it personal but it would be interesting to hear more from Laz as to the KKK and conservative values as a pastor

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Bonnie,

I took down my origional post, as it asked some very hard questions of you and having posted it [this was the "biting humor" post],I felt it was counter productive to bridging any sort of relationship/discussion with you. Whether you saw this post for the 1/2 hour that it was there, I care not....now. But to keep the peace, I deleted it and told you about it, calling it "biting humor"...

....and I did it because of this very situation ....again that you have no desire to let bigone be bigones....but rather you desire to destroy anyone who makes any attempt to keep peace with you...

...to keep the peace, Bonnie, is a kindness...to which you have no desire and fail to recognise any attempt on your behalf...

bonnie, in any other forum, you would be shredded to pieces...Your logic is flawed as deeply as your viewpoint...And, your posting is that of trolling...looking for someone to take out your hatred on....

If you are the best that Adventists have to show for examples of Christian behavior....then I would reject Adventism hands down and gladly suffer the fires of hell in defiance of a narrow minded God....

Peace in your endevors, Bonnie

George Bernard Shaw

PS....

Unless something really changes in here, I doubt that you will see me much....

And Bonnie, as my usual position, you can have the last word....

So can you, Redwood...

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

I took down my origional post, as it asked some very hard questions of you and having posted it [this was the "biting humor" post],I felt it was counter productive to bridging any sort of relationship/discussion with you. Whether you saw this post for the 1/2 hour that it was there, I care not....now. But to keep the peace, I deleted it and told you about it, calling it "biting humor"...

You seem to truly have an idea that what you posted was hard questions. It was more of same.

Your post was not as counter productive as the pretense that followed.

Quote:
....and I did it because of this very situation ....again that you have no desire to let bigone be bigones....but rather you desire to destroy anyone who makes any attempt to keep peace with you...

I have not attempted to bring up "by gones"

An attempt has to be an honest attempt or it is more than worthless. If what I replied to you is seen as an attempt to destroy you,you must be rather a delicate individual.

I saw nothing as you referred to as biting humor and nothing hard about the questions you asked in the now deleted post.

Quote:
...to keep the peace, Bonnie, is a kindness...to which you have no desire and fail to recognise any attempt on your behalf...

Keeping the peace is also something that is not true. I had said nothing to you,I was not at war with you and I responded to Laz not you.

I have had no dispute with you,unless you call disagreeing with Neil a dispute.

Quote:
bonnie, in any other forum, you would be shredded to pieces...Your logic is flawed as deeply as your viewpoint...And, your posting is that of trolling...looking for someone to take out your hatred on....

Yes, anyone that disagrees with liberals has to be flawed. That is easy to see. If how I responded to Laz is seen as hatred or trolling so be it.

Looking for someone to take out my hatred on is almost as humorous as you thought your deleted post was.

Quote:
If you are the best that Adventists have to show for examples of Christian behavior....then I would reject Adventism hands down and gladly suffer the fires of hell in defiance of a narrow minded God....

Unbelievable but not unexpected.

I don't have a narrow viewpoint of God,I have a narrow viewpoint for those claiming they know him or giving the impression they sit on the right hand of God.

If you find a narrow minded view of God in what I posted to Laz have at it.

Again a liberal trait. Not taking responsibility for own actions.

Quote:
Peace in your endevors, Bonnie

Thank you,life is going very well. My husband and I are very happy.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

PS....

Unless something really changes in here, I doubt that you will see me much....

So can you, Redwood...

Without the hard questions and the biting humor this should prove boring

In the interests of peace, harmony and raising the tone of this forum, I unconditionally withdraw, resile from and apologise for my post that has caused all this contention. The only way things are going to get better is if each of us commit to change, so I'm making a start.

Thank you Bravus. I appreciate you being willing to do this. It takes a 'brave' man to admit his mistakes and desire to walk in a new direction. I pray that I can do the same. Let's start on a new path.

I believe in Hematology.

So can you, Redwood...

[tic]

[shaking my index finger] Wait one minute! You can't leave the last word to two different people. Please designate one for the last word or I will never know when the final word has been posted.

Thank you.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

It takes a 'brave' man to admit his mistakes and desire to walk in a new direction. I pray that I can do the same.

[tic]

We will all be praying for that. bwink

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

it would be interesting to hear more from Laz as to the KKK and conservative values as a pastor

I am only speaking for myself here, but I think even pastors should have the right to come here and speak their mind without having the fact that they are a pastor thrown back at them at every opportunity. This should be a safe place for all to have freedom of conscience without need for labels.

• Moderators

Agreed. It was one of the things that made me angry. The standard is supposed to be that we address the topic and not the person. I have my issues with that standard, but in this instance the argument that needed to be made was about what distinguishes the Republicans from the KKK. Lazarus' job has nothing to do with that discussion and shouldn't have been brought up at all.

Truth is important

Originally Posted By: bonnie
it would be interesting to hear more from Laz as to the KKK and conservative values as a pastor

I am only speaking for myself here, but I think even pastors should have the right to come here and speak their mind without having the fact that they are a pastor thrown back at them at every opportunity. This should be a safe place for all to have freedom of conscience without need for labels.

No one denied the right of a pastor to speak his mind. He does so quite regularly.

Perhaps you are of the opinion I had no right to question a pastor?

I would like to hear his value judgements on conservative values as a pastor. A pastor that was drawing a comparison between the KKK and conservatives. Does he pastor a church with conservative members? Do they understand where their conservative place them in his mind.

It might be well to list who can and who cannot be questioned.

As for you Bravus being angry,that's life I guess. Some might get angry at Laz for leaving the impression that there is little difference between a conservative SDA and the KKK