ClubAdventist is back!

Preparing to Marry Judas?

CGMedley

Quote:
What makes marriage sacred? Almost all of life on earth is sexual.

And THAT is what makes marriage sacred -- the lifelong union of two persons of opposite sex, fulfilling God's original purpose of a special kind of love, something that is for no-one else, forming an unbreakable love relationship "till death do us part". Two persons who have "become one flesh", creating their offspring, with both parents involved in the bringing up of their children.

This does not only apply to humans. It still happens so often in the life of God's creatures. Crows are not my favourite birds, but I have been privileged to have a "close-up" view of a "crow family". Every year for the past 6 years I have watched this "crow couple" raise their "child" -- usually just one. One year there were two. The kid crow is taught obedience -- wait your turn when there is a juicy orange fallen from the tree. "Dad" has first go, then "Mum" and after that the kid can have what is left! And no amount of squawking and complaining will change the order. Too much complaining and "dad" will rip off a piece of the skin and toss that to the "kid" to keep him quiet. When "dad" and "mum" have finished the "kid" gets to clean up the rest.

There were crows around a previous residence of mine. Once again it was a couple. Something happened to one of the crows -- it disappeared, I have no idea why. I suspect it had been killed, or just died for some reason, because for three full days the mate sat in the usual nearby tree, and mourned, day and night. What a painful cry!!

God created His creatures (and humans) in pairs. The devil delights in breaking the pairs -- or encouraging pre-marital sex, and having the young father walk off and leave his victim to carry the baby, literally. So many lives are ruined by the devil's plan.

Beryl

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.

• Moderators

What a beautiful illustration, Beryl.

I never knew before that crows mated for life. Your story is a beautiful pattern for the human family, in how to train the young as they grow up.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Administrators

Beryl said:

Quote:
God created His creatures (and humans) in pairs. The devil delights in breaking the pairs -- or encouraging pre-marital sex, and having the young father walk off and leave his victim to carry the baby, literally. So many lives are ruined by the devil's plan.

Someone sent me today a devotional message about his 31st anniversary. His words were so full of love for his wife, how beautiful she was to him and how he adored her.

Then he related that to how Jesus loves His Bride, the object of His affection.

THAT is what marriage signifies- the love of a Creator God for His beloved.

No wonder Satan tries so hard to destroy marriages. He does not want us to taste of that love. His aim is to make marriage selfish and fleeting and fickle.

It's interesting but I've noticed and discussed with divorced people the idea that when their marriage dissolves, their spiritual life goes for a loop. Some just leave the church and disappear. But everyone takes a hit.

It's worth examining!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.