ClubAdventist is back!

Gay Obsession

Thanks ... but I'll take Carrie any day.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Dr. Shane

• bonnie

• carolaa

Glad to see we can't sway you with these pathetic 400-year-old pseudo-cultural icons.

Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci czn't hold a candle to Miss California...

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Rejoice in the wife of thy youth." says the good book (Proverbs 5:18).

The steps of a "strange woman" lead to hell.. (Proverbs 2:16-19).

That's all I have to say about that..

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Yes Bravus ... but lots of good photos.

I believe in Hematology.

Yes Bravus ... but lots of good photos.

And one mediocre photo reposted umpteen times.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Moderators

Quote:
Many gays believe God wants to condemn them when the exact opposite is true. God wants to forgive. That is the acceptance they need.

God may forgive them but the church does not ... unless they change their ways before coming to church.

I lived openly as a gay while going to church and I was never condemned. No one ever said a word to me about it.

And when I came back to the church, everyone was very happy and I never felt or experienced any condemnation. I found out later that many SDAs in the church had been praying for me for over 3 years, and I believe that this is why I finally had a desire to come back.

I was living with my lover and going to evangelistic meetings with him and both of us met and talked with L.E. Tucker of the Quiet Hour. He knew we were lovers because we told him so, and he would give us rides to our apartment after the meetings. He never mentioned anything about it. Later, we were both baptized, and the elder of the church in San Diego would come give me and my lover Bible studies. He never said a word about our being gay. We decided on our own after study and prayer that we couldn't continue living that way.

That was over 30 years ago. I'm glad I made the decision. It was a terribly hard struggle most of the time since then, but I never had any problems due to SDAs or the churches. Seventh-day Adventists I've known and met in our churches have always been a wonderful blessing in my experience.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

That's a wonderful story and testimony, John317! I hope and pray your experience becomes the norm in SDA churches. I would love to see a story like that in the Review. It's a great example of how to treat people. Too often we try to take over the Holy Spirit's job, and we're pretty lousy at it. Instead, we need to proclaim John 3:17 more often! :)

Originally Posted By: Bravus
56 posts with zero gay people posting - who's obsessed again?

Perez Hilton

Exactly

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Bravus
56 posts with zero gay people posting - who's obsessed again?

Perez Hilton

x2

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

MSN had a this link in their headlines this morning.

Top Gun Star Comes Out Gay

Quote:
Kelly McGillis silenced persistent rumours about her sexual orientation and confirmed that she is gay. Her Top Gun co-star Tom Cruise is, of course, not gay.

The actress been subjected to whispers about her sexuality throughout her career but has repeatedly denied suggestions she's a lesbian.

But now Kelly - who has been married twice and has two daughters - openly accepts that she's more into women than men these days.

According to Radar Online, she says: "I'm done with the man thing. I did that, I need to move on in life. That's another part of being true to yourself...that's been a challenge for me personally.

"I think that (accepting my homosexuality) was an ongoing process from the time I was about 12. I had a lot of things happened that convinced me that God was punishing me for being gay. That was a hard process."

Just to confirm, Tom Cruise is not gay.

More media obsession. They just can't stop shoving this stuff in our faces.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Kelly McGillis owns a couple of businesses including a hotel and restaurant here in Key West. KW is very tolerant of gays and lesbians and even us 'breeders'!

Everybody here has known of Kelly's orientation for years.

From the Las Vegas Review Journal

Quote:
Marie Osmond has come out in favor of gay rights.

In an interview with Los Angeles radio station KOST 103.5, the Flamingo headliner said it was "not a sensitive issue" for her.

She said she supports gay couples having civil rights.

"I think it's important to look at the commandment love thy neighbor as thyself," said Osmond, who has eight children. Her oldest daughter, Jessica, 21, has been in a gay relationship for three years, according to reports.

"One thing I did not appreciate growing up, everybody quoted me and told me what to say; you gotta do this, do that," she said. "I'm not doing that to my daughter. I'm not going to answer questions on her behalf."

She added: "You know, I think each of us has the right to choose who makes that medical decision for us. I think everybody should have the right to share homes and finances with somebody that they care about. You know on those types of things I'm very supportive.

"When it comes to marriage ... I think that civil rights need to be for all. When you start mixing religion into that and beliefs, you know, I do believe in the Bible. My daughter understands my beliefs. And, and, uh, you know, God said to be married and be productive with your children and, and, you know, replenish the earth or whatever.

"She understands those things. My daughter is sharp. And we have a great relationship, and I think she would tell you that."

"And, and, uh, you know, God said to be married and be productive with your children and, and, you know, replenish the earth or whatever."

What?

Good Mormon!

• Members

I can understand her being in favor of civil rights for all. But to make some of those comments about replenishing the earth! Wonder how she figures that works? I have no problem with accepting gays as friends and loving them as the Bible says. But I would never condone the life style, and the friends I have know that.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I can understand her being in favor of civil rights for all. But to make some of those comments about replenishing the earth! Wonder how she figures that works? I have no problem with accepting gays as friends and loving them as the Bible says. But I would never condone the life style, and the friends I have know that.

pk

Therein lies the problem. Accepting gays as friends and loving them means accepting their lifestyle as a acceptable alternative to marriage between man and woman

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

I don't believe that for one minute. Christ says to love the sinner but not the sin. So if I follow your way of thinking I'd hate the sin plus the sinner. I have friends that are alcoholics, I don't condone there life style but I love them. So should I hate them also because they are alcoholics? This is what I'm hearing you say.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

How did Christ associate with the low-life tax collectors without approving of their actions?

We find that answer and we'll have the principle to this issue.

I don't believe that for one minute. Christ says to love the sinner but not the sin. So if I follow your way of thinking I'd hate the sin plus the sinner. I have friends that are alcoholics, I don't condone there life style but I love them. So should I hate them also because they are alcoholics? This is what I'm hearing you say.

pk

Nope,you heard wrong. Usually the only acceptable way in this day and age seems to be not only accepting but condoning.

I do not condone it. I do have friends of that lifestyle and they know "friends" does not mean it is only a alternative lifestyle.

This couple has been among my best friends for decades. The friendship was never based on the necessity of me condoning that lifestyle,anymore than they were required to condone wrongs they may see in me

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

How did Christ associate with the low-life tax collectors without approving of their actions?

We find that answer and we'll have the principle to this issue.

I should add that whatever Jesus did (and He is our perfect example), He still received criticism from the Pharisees, obviously not pleasing everybody.

• Moderators

Quote:

Therein lies the problem. Accepting gays as friends and loving them means accepting their lifestyle as a acceptable alternative to marriage between man and woman

Not necessarily. I have a friend who became my friend whilst we were in college. We had not seen each other for at least 10 years. She told me she was gay after we met up again. She knows where I stand on homosexuality. We are still friends.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:

Not necessarily. I have a friend who became my friend whilst we were in college. We had not seen each other for at least 10 years. She told me she was gay after we met up again. She knows where I stand on homosexuality. We are still friends.

I also have friends from the gay community fo a very long time. They do not expect me to condone as terms of our friendship.

Militant gays or those that are gay activist want more. They want it as only a alternative lifestyle and on the same playing field as straight couples.

• Moderators

Quote:
Accepting gays as friends and loving them means accepting their lifestyle as a acceptable alternative to marriage between man and woman

so therefore you are withdrawing the above statement.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein