ClubAdventist is back!

Gay Obsession

Quote:
Accepting gays as friends and loving them means accepting their lifestyle as a acceptable alternative to marriage between man and woman

so therefore you are withdrawing the above statement.

It should have been clarified as to gay activists. I assumed that this had been covered in another thread where I did so,but realize you were not part of that conversation.

Gay activists and they are not all gay do want to have marriage between same sex couples the same as straight couples. Claiming they need this for the legal aspect as well.

Friends of mine in the gay lifestyle don't seem to have a problem.

All property and assests is taken care of in the will as "Right Of Survivor Ship".

Instructions are left who is able to make decisions if one should become unable to do that.

Burial place etc is taken care of.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Dr. Shane

• bonnie

• carolaa

• Moderators

So what you are saying is.....as long as they don't demonstrate, lobby, or promote they have your friendship. They need to stay in the closet.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

So what you are saying is.....as long as they don't demonstrate, lobby, or promote they have your friendship. They need to stay in the closet.

Why do you seem so determined to leave this kind of a impression?

If those that are friends of mine would only be friends on the condition that I change my biblical view of the practise of homosexuality is wrong,we would not be friends.

Depends on what is being promoted. If it is to try to force me to change a biblical view they can stop the friendship.

The same is true for any biblical view I hold.

In reverse we would no longer be friends if I were to try to force my belief on them.

They do know how I believe and I know what they believe.

Gays can lobby all they want,but does not change my view.

What some have demonstrated is not something I would want to be part of.

Try as you will to make something bigoted or ?? out of what I said,my biblical view will not change. Nor will it change the "rules" of friendship with those that are my friends.

I am not under obligation to accept anyone's behavior that is contrary to scripture.

Please don't insert your own idea of another's bigotry till you take care of your own.

The practise of homosexuality is wrong biblically. It would be wrong to shrug and say "What is the big deal,just another lifestyle God had in mind"

It would also be wrong to turn my back on those that have been very loyal friends.

They know where I stand and I know where they stand.

They would be pretty surprised to read your comments as to what you wanted me to have said

PS.I pretty much came to the conclusion some years ago any that inserted bigotry and racism into most conversations were dealing with a pretty large problem themselves in that area. Something that always seems to be uppermost in their minds. That generally can't be changed except by the person themselves

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

PS.I pretty much came to the conclusion some years ago any that inserted bigotry and racism into most conversations were dealing with a pretty large problem themselves in that area. Something that always seems to be uppermost in their minds. That generally can't be changed except by the person themselves

That is sooooo true

• Moderators

Its would be ok to agree to this statement if that's what you think. I would have a hard time keeping a close friendship with someone who advocated gay marriage etc.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Please don't insert your own idea of another's bigotry till you take care of your own.

?

Quote:
The practise of homosexuality is wrong biblically. It would be wrong to shrug and say "What is the big deal,just another lifestyle God had in mind"

I didn't say it was right, did I?

Quote:

They would be pretty surprised to read your comments as to what you wanted me to have said

I really don't want you to say anything.

Einstein

Quote:
I didn't say it was right, did I?

Is it necessary to go thru this each and every time. There was nothing that said you did,was there?

Quote:

I really don't want you to say anything.

No,I don't think that is true or you would not make statements and ask questions of me

Quote:

Its would be ok to agree to this statement if that's what you think. I would have a hard time keeping a close friendship with someone who advocated gay marriage etc.

I am not trying to be rude but your permission to agree or disagree is not something I am seeking