ClubAdventist is back!

Worship the Creator not the destroyer

Lutz13

Most people reject this new wonderful truth about our God. The main reason being.

“Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.” -Romans 1:18

Why did the Jewish nation reject Jesus as our Creator? They couldn't understand the love He had for the people. They expected a Messiah that was going to destroy their enemies and deliver them much like the Exodus. To rule forever and ever. I believe much of the world is falling into this same trap. Speak to any Christian and they will tell you that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. That He demands you follow Him or He will destroy you when He comes.

“And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man” - Romans 1:23

Man wants a God they can relate to. They put it in their hearts that God will avenge them and get their enemies. Our God isn't like that at all. When people think about the wrath of God, they think it is God angry and destroying His enemies. That isn't the case at all.

“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness...Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lust of their own hearts....For this God gave them up until vile affections...God gave them over to a reprobate mind” Romans 1:18-28

When we go against God what happens? We suffer His wrath. By refusing God and disobeying His voice, we give power to Satan. Gods protection is taken away. Look at Sodom and Gomorrah.

“But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly.” Genesis 13:13

When a city is full of sin and no good is inside. There is nothing else God can do for them so His protection is taken away. They refused Him over and over again. Satan is now allowed to do as he pleases. That is the wrath of God. Most do not understand this, they expect Gods wrath to be much like our own. Which isn't true.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:9

His ways are nothing like our own. In fact, God so loved us, that He took upon Himself all sins ever done. Yes, including the devils.

“And He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world” - 1 John 2:2

“and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all” - Isaiah 53:6

Which in turn allows our God to say “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things” Isaiah 45:7

By taking the sins of the world upon Himself, He takes blame of all things ever done. We should know though, that He doesn't destroy. He doesn't kill. He doesn't knock someones teeth out for not worshiping Him. “learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart”

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• Lutz13

• Twilight

• Gerr

Top Posters In This Topic

"Not until the death of Christ was the character of Satan clearly revealed to the angels or to the unfallen worlds. The archapostate had so clothed himself with deception that even holy being hand not understood his principles. They had not clearly seen the nature of his rebellion" DA pp: 758

"God could have destroyed Satan and his sympathizers as easily as one can cast a pebble to the earth; but He did not do this. Rebellion was not to be overcome by force. Compelling power is found only under Satan's government. The Lord principles are not of this order. His authority rest upon goodness, mercy, and love." DA pp: 759

To really get a grasp and understand God. I would suggest reading Desire of Ages chapter 79.

There are ways to know who was who. As we know, there were two Lords throughout the OT. Satan, and Jesus. When Eve ate the forbidden fruit, she made Satan the “god of this world.” 2Cor 4:4 They could no longer differentiate Satan's voice from Gods voice.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights." - James 1:17

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.” -Hebrews 13:8

“The counsel of the Lord standeth forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations” Psalms 33:11

We know that our God Jesus never changes. So we know things such as sacrifices, and circumcision came from the God of this world. God only wanted us to obey and follow Him. Yet we thought we needed to do work to gain His favor. By slaughtering animals and burning them on an altar we thought we were pleasing God.

“To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? Saith the Lord; I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beast, and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?” Isaiah 1:11-12

“Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened; burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required” - Psalm 40:6

“For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:” - Jeremiah 7:22

Because of our carnal mind. God ordained it to happen. It was His forbearance. It would be like Him saying “Ok guys, since you want to murder animals and sacrifice them to Me. Only do these kind and in this way” Gods love for us is much like a father. He doesn't want to see us get hurt, which is why He gives us instruction. Same goes for eating flesh. Because our carnal mind desired it, He once again says “Only these kind are to be eaten.” It was for our own good and safety.

An example of which is which.

Satan:

“And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death...” - Numbers 15:33-35

Jesus:

“they said to Him, 'Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?...'He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first'” - John 8:4-7

Many argue that it was the law of the time. However if we use our guide of knowing which is which, we will know the truth. Gods counsel never changes. It is important to keep that in mind!

Many may claim they are worshiping Jesus. Yet if they believe He sometimes has to destroy, they do not know the God of heaven.

Lets go back and look at Abraham for a moment. “And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham and he said Behold here I am” - Genesis 22:1

God tempted Abraham...Who is the tempter? Lets go down a verse and see what Abraham was tempted of.

“And he said, take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.” Genesis 22:2

Really? God tempted Abraham to kill his son? To offer him up as a burnt offering? We know this cannot be the true God but the false god of this world. Yet Jesus took the blame and allowed such to happen. It was actually the tempter who tempted him to do such a thing. Because we know that God tempts no man.

“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God, for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.” - James 1:13

God tempts no one. He allows temptation to happen though. If we are weak in areas and lack faith. God allows the tempter to tempt us. This is for our own good. Where we once failed, we are brought to the test once again. This will continue until we have victory. Until we learn how to hold up our shield and block the attacks from the devil. Don't be deceived my dear brothers and sisters. God doesn't tempt anyone, or hurt anyone. He does what He can to save us from ourselves. There are two forces in this world. Good and evil. We give power to either one by the choices we make. We can either run to Christ when tempted with evil and gain victory. Or we can give in to evil.

“God destroys no man. Everyone who is destroyed will have destroyed himself.” -EGW COL p84

“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness...Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lust of their own hearts....For this God gave them up until vile affections...God gave them over to a reprobate mind” Romans 1:18-28

When we go against God what happens? We suffer His wrath. By refusing God and disobeying His voice, we give power to Satan. Gods protection is taken away. Look at Sodom and Gomorrah.

“But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly.” Genesis 13:13

When a city is full of sin and no good is inside. There is nothing else God can do for them so His protection is taken away. They refused Him over and over again. Satan is now allowed to do as he pleases. That is the wrath of God. Most do not understand this, they expect Gods wrath to be much like our own. Which isn't true.

1. Not one text in all of scripture says that Satan did any of the destroying of Sodom and Gomorrah.

2. We have a number of texts that say God did it.

3. Not one text in all of scripture says that Satan destroyed the World by a Flood.

4. We have plenty of texts that say that God did it.

5. In fact Ellen White said that Satan was afraid for his own life at the flood and was not allowed to leave.

While it is true that God DOES use "the rod of man" to punish a nation and he also can use the acts of Satan (the swine filled with demons run off a cliff) or the meteors that will soon hit the earth - etc. it is not true that God attributes all judgment to Satan.

Satan does not ignite the lake of fire to burn all of his subjects.

When Satan has full control at the end of the Millennium - he organizes his own group to attack the city of God -- he does not burn his own group in the lake of fire.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Here is something that is seen to be in the hand of God -- and can not possibly be attributed to Satan as sending his own fire on imself and all his followers.

Quote:

Great Controversy - 673

Fire comes down from God out of heaven. The earth is broken up. The weapons concealed in its depths are drawn forth. Devouring flames burst from every yawning chasm. The very rocks are on fire. The day has come that shall burn as an oven. The elements melt with fervent heat, the earth also, and the works that are therein are burned up. Malachi 4:1; 2 Peter 3:10. The earth's surface seems one molten mass--a vast, seething 673

lake of fire. It is the time of the judgement and perdition of ungodly men--"the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompenses for the controversy of Zion." Isaiah 34:8. {GC 672.2}

Some are destroyed as in a moment, while others suffer many days. All are punished “according to their deeds." The sins of the righteous having been transferred to Satan, he is made to suffer not only for his own rebellion, but for all the sins which he has caused God's people to commit.

His punishment is to be far greater than that of those whom he has deceived. After all have perished who fell by his deceptions, he is still to live and suffer on. In the cleansing flames the wicked are at last destroyed, root and branch--Satan the root, his followers the branches. The full penalty of the law has been visited; the demands of justice have been met; and heaven and earth, beholding, declare the righteousness of Jehovah. {GC 673.1}

Quote:

EW 294

The Second Death

Satan rushes into the midst of his followers and tries to stir up the multitude to action. But fire from God out of heaven is rained upon them, and the great men, and mighty men, the noble, the poor and miserable, are all consumed together.

I saw that some were quickly destroyed, while others suffered longer. They were punished according to the deeds done in the body. Some were many days consuming, and just as long as there was a portion of them unconsumed, all the sense of suffering remained. Said the angel, "The worm of life shall not die; their fire shall not be quenched as long as there is the least particle for it to prey upon." {EW 294.1}

Satan and his angels suffered long. Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins, but

also of the sins of the redeemed host, which had been placed upon him; and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused. Then I saw that Satan and all the wicked host were consumed, and the justice of God was satisfied; and all the angelic host, and all the redeemed saints, with a loud voice said, "Amen!"

{EW 294.2}

Said the angel, "Satan is the root, his children are the branches. They are now consumed root and branch. They have died an everlasting death. They are never to have a resurrection, and God will have a clean universe." I then looked and saw the fire which had consumed the wicked, burning up the rubbish and purifying the earth. Again I looked and saw the earth purified. There was not a single sign of the curse. The broken, uneven surface of the earth now looked like a level, extensive plain.

in Christ,

Bob

I am following this with interest...

It is a subject I have wanted to study.

A thought that comes immediately to mind is God using Isreal to destroy the surrounding nations.

That would seem to be an act of judgement, a specific command?

Mark

The best wisdom is always second hand...

Indeed "judgement". But as the Bible states in the case of nations - very often God chooses to discipline "using the rod of man".

It is very different however to use Babylon to destroy Israel - vs causing "a world wide flood".

in Christ,

Bob

The question for me is, if God did not destroy directly.

Why would He use man to do it for Him?

It is a bit like a man hiring a contract killer and then saying they were actually free of the crime.

So for those that propose this view, some light on this would be appreciated.

God bless.

OK, to all those who are giving evidence for or against from EG White...

Can you do it again, except this time use the Bible only?

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

Before I came to this truth, I refused to worship a God full of vengeance and psychotic behavior. How anyone could accept the slaughter of young women and children as an act of love is far from me.

Of course it wouldn't say it was Satan that did Sodom and Gomorrah. How could they possibly know who was doing it? They couldn't, they were ignorant. They just assumed it was God. Anytime someone doubts God, they give power to Satan.

Read and understand this. "The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them; and I alone have escaped to tell you"

Job 1:16 A clear example of their ignorance. Why would you just assume all the other prophets and patriarchs knew who they were talking to? Satan can take on the form of an angel of light. We know Satan knew God more than any other created being. It was easy for him to disguise himself as such to deceive the world. Yet in their ignorance, God still counted it as righteousness because they had no way of knowing. "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men everywhere to repent" - Acts 17:30(I would suggest reading Acts 17:24-30)

When Christ died, the mask was taken off of Satan. He was now known as a murderer. Everyone thought God was angry and out to kill. Christ showed us that our God is meek and loving, and would never ever hurt anyone. We reap what we sow. We do these things to ourselves. He wants to save us from us.

Satan, yes even Satan can do good for his own cause. We know he will walk this earth disguised as Christ and the whole world will marvel at this. Even people that today think they know all truth and are rooted in Christ. What most people do not understand is that there are always new truths to be found. Ever advancing light. If you wonder why the SDA church is losing many members, it is because she is teaching a 100 year old message with no new truths.

It is clear there is a difference. "The Lord says he must be put to death" "Jesus said those without sin cast the first stone"

Do you not see the difference? What about Saul? God says...

"I gave you a king in My anger, and took him away in My wrath" Hosea 13:11

Did God really kill Saul? He is taking blame here, but we know He didn't do it! He suffered Gods wrath. Gave him up, gave him up, gave him over. There was nothing more God could do. Judas suffered the same fate. Christ tried to save him several times. There was nothing more He could do for him. Judas suffered Gods wrath.

"Lord do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?" - Luke 9:54

"But He turned and rebuked them, and said, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT SPIRIT YOU ARE OF." Luke 9:55

Is that not clear at all? Am I one of the few that see that? Satan is accusing God of being a destructive God that we should fear. He has done a great job of doing so. We know that Jesus took all sins upon Himself, so He can take blame of all the destruction. But we should know that it wasn't Him.

As far as EGW is concerned. I do believe she was a true prophet. However, I do know that she didn't fully comprehend the Gods true character until later in her ministry. Even then she didn't grasp everything.

If we are to take what you quoted literally, then she contradicts herself when she says that. “God destroys no man. Everyone who is destroyed will have destroyed himself.” -EGW COL p84

If you do not have that book. You can go here to read it.

http://www.whiteestate.org/books/col/col6.html

I do know that she didn't fully comprehend the Gods true character until later in her ministry. Even then she didn't grasp everything.

Do not think that, because we have a glimmer of the light of God, that we have it all.--Ms. 3, 1889, pp. 1-3. (Morning Talk at Ottawa, Kansas, May 14, 1889.)

The question has been asked me, "Do you think that the Lord has any more light for us as a people?" I answer that He has light that is new to us, and yet it is precious old light that is to shine forth from the Word of truth [the Bible]. We have only the glimmerings of the rays of the light that is yet to come to us. [1SM 401]

We have many lessons to learn, and many, many to unlearn. God and heaven alone are infallible. Those who think that they will never have to give up a cherished view, never have occasion to change an opinion, will be disappointed. [CW 37]

Originally Posted By: Lutz13
I do know that she didn't fully comprehend the Gods true character until later in her ministry. Even then she didn't grasp everything.

Do not think that, because we have a glimmer of the light of God, that we have it all.--Ms. 3, 1889, pp. 1-3. (Morning Talk at Ottawa, Kansas, May 14, 1889.)

The question has been asked me, "Do you think that the Lord has any more light for us as a people?" I answer that He has light that is new to us, and yet it is precious old light that is to shine forth from the Word of truth [the Bible]. We have only the glimmerings of the rays of the light that is yet to come to us. [1SM 401]

We have many lessons to learn, and many, many to unlearn. God and heaven alone are infallible. Those who think that they will never have to give up a cherished view, never have occasion to change an opinion, will be disappointed. [CW 37]

Robert, thanks for sharing those quotes. They are gems that we need to be reminded of. We do not have all truths. There are still more to be revealed.

It is a bit like a man hiring a contract killer and then saying they were actually free of the crime.

The NT goes against this concept. Remember the woman caught in adultery? I think she is Mary Magdalene - Lazarus' sister, but that's another post.

Remember the Holy Joes wanted to stone her. Where did they get this idea? "The book of the law". Clearly, according to the Old Covenant, if someone committed adultery, they had to be stoned. They had to purge the evil from among the camp.

Do your remember how Christ responded when they wanted to kill her? "He who is without sin cast the first stone." Clearly, Christ didn't won't sinners judging and condemning to death other sinners. That's hypocrisy.

Now don't get this confused with Romans 13. There God has given the sin problem over to the governing officials to handle. Why? God didn't create this worlds problems, so He has given it over to governments to handle. It beats anarchy....The worst of government is better than none at all.

As far as EGW is concerned. I do believe she was a true prophet. However, I do know that she didn't fully comprehend the Gods true character until later in her ministry. Even then she didn't grasp everything.

When she is shown the lake of Fire -- is this "her showing herself what she guesses it looks like" or is it God showing her?

Doesn't matter...she is not part of the Bible...she is not the measuring stick of truth and to continue to make her so makes one part of a cult. Comprehend?

Originally Posted By: BobRyan
When she is shown the lake of Fire -- is this "her showing herself what she guesses it looks like" or is it God showing her?

Doesn't matter...she is not part of the Bible...she is not the measuring stick of truth and to continue to make her so makes one part of a cult. Comprehend?

Inspiration is inspiration.

We cannot pick and choose what is inspired or what isn't, otherwise we make an idol of our own reasoning.

For me, I accept Ellen White was inspired, so her commentary on the Bible is extremely important.

When someone rejects that, I have to ask, why are they rejecting that?

If I sense that it is because "their light" is given ascendancy over the SOP, then I have to reject their position.

God does not inspire His prophets with error.

That would make God a liar.

So can we stick to the biblical reasons, rather than trying to undermine the SOP to prove a position?

Twilight

Originally Posted By: BobRyan

Apparently you did not actually read the post. I pointed out that the divine revelation given to her - in viewing the lake of fire event - was in perfect harmony with what we find in Rev 20 and in fact also in Rev 14:10-11 AND in Matt 10:28 where God is the one that is destroying "both body and soul in fiery hell".

You need to embrace scripture to accept Ellen White.

in Christ,

Bob

Originally Posted By: Robert

Inspiration is inspiration.

We cannot pick and choose what is inspired or what isn't' date=' otherwise we make an idol of our own reasoning.

For me, I accept Ellen White was inspired, so her commentary on the Bible is extremely important.

[/quote']

My response was to Lutz13 who started by saying that he/she accepts Ellen White as a prophet.

The response you find above from Robert is outside of that context and it matches his less than substantive "heresy" post (here http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthread...html#Post238979 ).

Quote:

When someone rejects that, I have to ask, why are they rejecting that?

If I sense that it is because "their light" is given ascendancy over the SOP, then I have to reject their position.

I have to give Robert credit on one point here. I find very little in what he posts that matches the 28 fundamental beliefs. One of the things that we constantly argue on the subject of prophecy is that all prophets must be tested by the Bible to see if they agree.

I think we all agree that Ellen White's statements agree with the 28 fundamental beliefs. Even a short cursory reading of Robert's material shows that he does not. Therefore even by our own standards we would insist that Robert should conclude that Ellen White is a false prophet UNTIL such time as he comes to correct Bible doctrinal positions.

We really have no argument at all for "even if this prophet contradicts what you find in scripture but they are a true prophet anyway" so there is no way to make that kind of case to Robert, as I am sure you already agree.

in Christ,

Bob

What I know to be of God.

He is Love:

“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us.” -Ephesians 2:4

God gives us all mercy because of His incredible love for everyone. Yes everyone, not a select group of people.

“But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.” -1 John 2:5

To have the love of God, we must first understand God. That His love has no requirements. It is unconditional. Once we learn this, and practice this same love for one another. Then, and only then will we know that God is in us. Until then, we will doubt. It is this love that will prepare the 144,000 in the last days.

“He who does not love does not know God, for God is love” -1 John 4:8

If we aren't able to love our fellow brothers and sisters. Then how can we say we know God? Until we have love for everyone, no matter what they have done to us. We will not know God.

“In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” -1 John 4:10-11

God loved us so much, that by giving us His Son, we have a chance to love Him. He wants to share His love. We need to take that as an example so we can share our love for one another.

“No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.” -1 John 4:12

If we have love for one another, God abides in us. Then that love is perfected in us.

“For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.” -1 John 5:3

If we truly love God, we will follow His commandments. We also know who He is by His commandments. It describes love.

“The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing” -Zephaniah 3:17

God is always with us, sometimes He has to step aside because we forsake Him. He can save us, but only if we let Him.

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” -John 3:16

God has such a great love for us all that He was willing to give up His only Son. That we may not perish but have an everlasting life with Him. His love was for the whole world. Not a select group of people.

I did not even scratch the surface of Gods love. Knowing and understanding this love. How can we even think that God would tell man to slaughter women and children. Let me ask you this.

If God right now asked you to go into a house and slaughter a family because they were sinners. Would you do it? Or would you know such came from the devil. Doesn't God say "Thou shalt not kill". Yet people try and justify why God would ever ask someone to break His commandments...

Just because someone is a prophet, does not mean that they know and understand God completely.

You can't say what Ellen White wrote wasn't symbolic. A lake of fire could very well mean a multitude of people burning with Gods fire. "Is not my word like a fire?" -Jeremiah 23:29

Yes, the truth has been revealed to them. Why would some suffer longer? If you didn't sin much...you wouldn't be grieved much. However, if you sinned as much as Lucifer, you would be grieved at what you did longer than anyone else. Because you have more to be sorry for.

Gods fire is truth. These people have realized that they have been duped. They are pretty angry by now and turn on their lord. "Will you still say before him who slays you, 'I am a god'? But you shall be a man and not a god, in the hand of him who slays you"-Ezekiel 28:9

“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent” -Numbers 23:19

And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.” -Exodus 32:14

Why would God who is perfect ever have to repent for something He has done? He made Moses a worldly offer. Moses refused this offer. By refusing, he protected his people from Satans wrath.

Everyone always responds with. “He was just testing Moses” Why? What if Moses said. “You know all, do what you will.” No, Moses plead with him. God heard that plea and wouldn't allow Satan to do his will. To keep his disguise up, Satan had to say “Ah yeah, you're right. I'm sorry.” Satan can only masquerade as God for so long until you see his true colors. You may ask, why does God allow that to happen. We dressed up Satan as our god, the god of this world. We followed after him, so what could God do? He respects our freewill. In their ignorance they made Satan their lord. God was doing what He could to bring us back to Him. It took Him dying on a cross to say “Look, this is what I am like. I'm willing to give up everything for you. Though I was rich, I'm willing to be poor because I love you that much.”

Also keep in mind. "Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God" for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone" -James 1:13

Do not ever think that God made a compromise for this situation. It is the devil and the people of this world that ever make a compromise. Because we know our God is the same yesterday, today and forever. And His counsel stands forever.

When we forsake Him, we open a door for the devil to tempt us.

“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent” -Numbers 23:19

And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.” -Exodus 32:14

Why would God who is perfect ever have to repent for something He has done? He made Moses a worldly offer. Moses refused this offer. By refusing, he protected his people from Satans wrath.

Like he "repented that He made mankind" in Gen 6?

The point above in my post was that given that you have accepted Ellen White as a true prophet of God - then your own reference to Numbers 23 "God can not lie" should assist you in accepting what she was shown in the Lake of Fire event - by God Himself.

God does not "Show Moses" something that is not true to "test moses". As it turns out.

in Christ,

Bob

Just because someone is a prophet, does not mean that they know and understand God completely.