ClubAdventist is back!

Worship the Creator not the destroyer

Lutz13

Guest WilloMar

Sister White knew more truth than the prophet before her, and so on....But she didn’t have all of the truth, she had the truth for her time.

“We must not think, ‘Well, we have all the truth, we understand the main pillars of our faith, and we may rest on this knowledge.’ The truth is an advancing truth, and we must walk in the increasing light (CW 33).”

And, “There are those in the ministry who have been readers of the Bible all their lives, and who think themselves so well versed in its teachings that they do not need to study it. Here is where they mistake. To the diligent Bible student new light, new ideas, new gems of truth, will constantly appear, and be eagerly grasped. Even through eternal ages the truths of this wonderful book will continue to unfold.” The Review and Herald, 1886

Christ's second coming is very near! Prepare!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• Lutz13

• Twilight

• Gerr

Top Posters In This Topic

Sister White knew more truth than the prophet before her, and so on....But she didn’t have all of the truth, she had the truth for her time.

“We must not think, ‘Well, we have all the truth, we understand the main pillars of our faith, and we may rest on this knowledge.’ The truth is an advancing truth, and we must walk in the increasing light (CW 33).”

And, “There are those in the ministry who have been readers of the Bible all their lives, and who think themselves so well versed in its teachings that they do not need to study it. Here is where they mistake. To the diligent Bible student new light, new ideas, new gems of truth, will constantly appear, and be eagerly grasped. Even through eternal ages the truths of this wonderful book will continue to unfold.” The Review and Herald, 1886

Christ's second coming is very near! Prepare!

That seems to translate as:

Ellen White was a prophet and had the truth.

But now "we" have more truth and light than her.

Some of her truth was in fact darkness, but "we" have the light.

Now why would that make me nervous?

Mark :-)

The best wisdom is always second hand...

Ellen White was a prophet and had the truth.

But now "we" have more truth and light than her.

Some of her truth was in fact darkness, but "we" have the light.

Now why would that make me nervous?

Mark :-)

Do not think that, because we have a glimmer of the light of God, that we have it all.--Ms. 3, 1889, pp. 1-3. (Morning Talk at Ottawa, Kansas, May 14, 1889.)

The question has been asked me, "Do you think that the Lord has any more light for us as a people?" I answer that He has light that is new to us, and yet it is precious old light that is to shine forth from the Word of truth [the Bible]. We have only the glimmerings of the rays of the light that is yet to come to us. [1SM 401]

We have many lessons to learn, and many, many to unlearn. God and heaven alone are infallible. Those who think that they will never have to give up a cherished view, never have occasion to change an opinion, will be disappointed. [CW 37]

3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.

I touched on this already....Look at the whole context of John. Jesus is specifically speaking of unity, i.e., he who hates his brother doesn't know Christ.

Not only this, but you must retain the prior context to be fair to your quote. Remember 1 John 1:8?

If you can say I keep His commandments you have to deny 1 John 1:8. So the truth is somewhere between.