ClubAdventist is back!

The Pilot and the Rat

GreatLakesGramma

I received a copy of this in my email. It's such an important issue, I feel we all could stand a reminder now and then. (Or maybe more often than that!)

The Pilot and the Rat

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

I received a copy of this in my email. It's such an important issue, I feel we all could stand a reminder now and then. (Or maybe more often than that!)

The Pilot and the Rat

I find it an interesting allegory based on a true experience, I'm supposing. However it assumes the same thing that has been assumed for countless centuries and continually found to be inadequate to move the world, and also the body of Christ, toward a better future.

Only recently has the religious community begun to see that only an indwelling Christ can bring about moral rectitude in the lives of individuals, believer or unbeliever. All the formulas of moral rectitude, whatever mighty giants of self discipline might come along, won't be enough to apply more than a bandaid to the moral ills of our present society, whatever good intent might be applied to living up to recognized ideals, except and unless Jesus is invited into the life to create a new heart and gain the mastery over selfishness.

Even when or if that happens, the end is still predicted to lose a vast number of the present population as a direct result of few admissions of personal responsibility for the world's lack.

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” " John 3:6-8 KJV

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"Jeremiah 17:9 KJV

""In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. "Matthew 7:12-14

NASB

This last is happening now and we have yet to see the extent of where it will end re: numbers of this last generation to be delivered into the marvelousness of His light.

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams" Acts 2:17 KJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Hi Catherine,

Well, I haven't much theological talk right now, but I do have a question for you. Have you read the sabbath school lesson? I read it, and it was absolutely amazing. Yet I looked at the posts and it appears that the Sabbath school lesson forum is gathering cob webs, and I'm not too happy about this. Please!!!!!!!!!! Somebody!!!!! Comment on the lesson, and come to the Sabbath school lesson forum:)

In Christ,

Brandon C

http://www.ssnet.org/qrtrly/

Please visit this website, and I promise you, that you will experience the Sabbath school lesson in a whole new way. There are links to the texts from the Bible, and it is really cool. I have found it to be a blessing in my life, and this also makes me want to study the lesson more. God is so good in giving us His love.

Love ya'll