ClubAdventist is back!

Remnant Theology... the downcast of Adventism

Stan

Quote:

Ted_Oplinger said:

Pokin' at me agin?

Next, you'll be tellin' stories 'bout some connection between me and some no-name seminary in Dallas....

Why, Ted, do you really think I would poke at you? But as for that no-name seminary in Dallas . . . how could it NOT rub off on you, bein as close as you are to it? tomato.gif

Quote:

It is my perception that EGW and those pushing for establishing a formal denomination disagreed on how the established work's organization was going to change, not on whether it should be organized or not. It's my opinion that EGW was advocating a structure much more like that of the early apostolic church, whereas some of the other leaders of the day wanted something much more like what is in the world today.

What we got was a compromise - a mixture of both. IMHO, of course.

One thing for sure . . . we don't know how it all will fall out when the Sunday law comes, and the SDA church is banned as illegal. We shall see. Meanwhile, do give my regards to pastor Chuck at DTS, next time you see him. cool.gif

Dave

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nicodema

• Dr. Shane

• Stan

• bevin

David,

Are you and archierieus one and the same?

If not....ACK! I've got 2 Daves to mess around with!

Quote:

Why, Ted, do you really think I would poke at you?

In a heartbeat, Dave, in a heartbeat!

Quote:

But as for that no-name seminary in Dallas . . . how could it NOT rub off on you, bein as close as you are to it?

For Christ's sake...it's nearly 200 miles away! And the Trinity River flows off to the east of here by some 60 miles...I thought I was safe from any direct source of contact...!

Gonna have to go and review my DECON protocols....

IF I get to see your friend Chuck, I'll let him know you said hello! That is, if I can find out where that place is...

See ya!

Ted

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Quote:

Ted_Oplinger said:

If not....ACK! I've got 2 Daves to mess around with!

I'm surprised that a whole POSSE of Daves isn't riding herd on you! yahoo.gif

Quote:

Gonna have to go and review my DECON protocols....

A lot of good that would do. Why, the whole STATE is infested! Might as well rename it, "the sovereign State of Swindoll." Your best bet is to head up to Oral Roberts country. cool.gif

Dave