ClubAdventist is back!

Organ Concert

Woody

Went to an organ concert at our church tonight. Our church as a big pipe organ. It takes up the entire front wall behind the pulpit.

Now talkin' about loud. The place was 'rockin'. The old people were in heaven. The young people didn't show.

It made me think of how the old people criticize the music of the young people as not being sacred because it isn't reverent . They claim it is to loud with the drums and the guitar and the electric bass. But let me tell you. You don't know 'loud' till you have been to an organ concert. Boom Boom.

The old people sure didn't mind THIS kind of LOUD.

I guess it is just the times that one is raised. But it really reminded me of the need for all of us to be tolerant of preferences such as music. One is just as reverent or irreverent as the other. I remember when the guitar was not allowed in church. There also was a time when the same went for the organ. Bach was considered 'bar' music. Times change.

Can't we all just get along?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Thanks CoA. It is interesting how people assign to God what is not God's. At times it appears that 'present truth' is what you make of it in the present.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Organ music is not simply an "age" thing. Neither is good or bad music just a question of "volume".

I am a 30-something classical music geek and I have always loved a good loud Bach toccata-&-fugue that makes the church foundations vibrate.

My husband is a church organist, and he was known for his loud and enthusiastic performances even as a teenager. (Playing good old-fashioned hymns straight out of the hymn book.)

Half-hearted pap that offends the ears and deadens the brain can be found in all genres of music, all periods of history, and at all volume levels.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!