ClubAdventist is back!

Memorials for Confederate soldiers and For Blacks Soldiers

John317

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: lazarus

Africa is a continent. The USA is a country. [/quote']

Really doesn't matter. Africans,those of the african continent obviously felt that it was okay to sell other africans for slavery...

Sounds rather like... "They all look alike..." reyes

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• lazarus

• Kountzer

• phkrause

Quote:

Really doesn't matter. Africans,those of the african continent obviously felt that it was okay to sell other africans for slavery...

Quote:
Sounds rather like... "They all look alike..." reyes

Those that owned and sold slaves do all look alike. Really doesn't matter how many they owned.

Free blacks owning 10 slaves is the same mind set as the white slave owner owning 100 slaves. Only difference is in numbers

The africans that furnished captive slaves in Africa are the same as the white slavers that bought from them. Whether they lived on one end of africa and captured those on the other end makes little difference. Except maybe to SDA's,it sounds as if they didn't sell those that could be identified as "countrymen" it really didn't count.

It is no different than the situation with Native American's.

They routinely went to war with other tribes,taking land and captives. This was their culture. The situation was different when someone bigger/stronger/and more in number came along.

The white man did mistreat them,they did take from them,they did kill them. Just as tribes for generations before that mistreated one another.

The same for the africans,regardless of where in Africa they lived.

The numbers,location or race does not make the mind set better or worse. It is what it is.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

OK, Bonnie you are totally right. I'm convinced!!!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Those that owned and sold slaves do all look alike.

In the same way that Nelson Mandela looks like Robert Mugabe.

Or Hosni Mubarak looks like Ellen Sirleaf (Liberian President)

Of even Idi Amin looked like Jomo Kenyata.

Are you nuts?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:

Those that owned and sold slaves do all look alike.

Quote:

Are you nuts?

If I own slaves and you own slaves,there is not a whit of difference what we look like on the inside.

Maybe you can afford a 100 and I can only afford or need ten.

The only thing that separates us is the number regardless of where we are from.

Regardless of the color of our skin slave owners/sellers have the same view towards the issue of slavery.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quote:

Are you nuts?

"Idi Amin looked like Jomo Kenyata" Did these two share the same ideology and mind set?

If in your opinion they did,they look alike in actions and inside.

I was of the opinion there was nothing that two men like this shared other than race. If Jomo Kenyata and Idi Amin shared a belief in slavery they are both as guilty. If Kenyata was active against slavery he would not be part of "that African" that participated in.

You cannot be part of something,benefit financially and then claim clean hands.

And the Gileadites took the passages of Jordan before the Ephraimites: and it was so, that when those Ephraimites which were escaped said, Let me go over; that the men of Gilead said unto him, Art thou an Ephraimite? If he said, Nay;

Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.

-- Judges 12: 5-6 (KJV)

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass