ClubAdventist is back!

One of my favorite quotations

aldona

The first step of apostasy is to get up a creed, telling us what we shall believe.

The second is to make that creed a test of fellowship.

The third is to try members by that creed.

The fourth to denounce as heretics those who do not believe that creed.

And fifth, to commence persecution against such.

- Ellen G. White: The Early Years Vol. 1 (1827-1862), p.453, paragraph 2

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

I think Ellen was quoting someone else on this, but she agreed with what he was saying on the matter of church creeds.

I know quite a few non-adventists believe our "27 fundamentals" are the official Adventist creed, but I'm pretty sure the Bible alone is to be our only creed.

Thanks for posting this!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Quote:

I know quite a few non-Adventists believe our "27 fundamentals" are the official Adventist creed

Too many people in the world are used to being compelled to do something, particularly in the area of religion. Since they have gotten used to this attitude, they then assume that everyone else must have the same attitude and everyone must have a creed they go by.

The Bible is our only "creed" as Adventists. The 27 fundamentals have been written basically (I feel) to try to get every member headed the same basic way as far as religion is concerned.

Like everything else, "creeds" can be a help or a hindrance. When regarded as suggested lists of ideas, they can help us. When used to whack others on the head, they are a hindrance.

James Brenneman

I agree.

Quote:

The Bible is our only "creed" as Adventists. The 27 fundamentals have been written basically (I feel) to try to get every member headed the same basic way as far as religion is concerned.

And to show others the very Biblical reasons we believe as we do.