ClubAdventist is back!

Women Are More Unhappy Than Ever

bonnie

Quote:
someone to shop with??

Men love to shop. Problem is that women want to shop for different things. They just have no desire to be in a hardware store for some reason.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Outta Here

• Woody

• Paula

• Bravus

I'm pretty sure I have a happy wife. I *know* I have a happy life.

Now don't start skiting.

On the other hand I must admit my life is a lot less happy without a happy wife.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

what I hear from many women is this: "If I had denied him sex, the way he denies me affection over our ___ year marriage (fill in the blanks, they range from 5-15 years)he would have left me and everyone would have said, "well of course, she is denying him her wifely duty"...

A wife doesn't have to deny the husband sex to make him feel unloved. She can sigh or roll her eyes every time he asks for it. Or she can never initiate sex and make him ask every time. She can watch the clock while they are having sex. She can complain to him about his love making. These are great ways for her to make sure that he will not desire emotional intimacy with her. Dr. Laura Schlessinger has a great book, The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands. After my wife read it we decided to buy it for her mother and sisters.

Marriage problems simply do not have only one culpret and very few people have been trained how to be a good wife or good husband. The poor behavior of one spouse in reaction to the poor behavior of another spouse normally makes the situation worse. Marriage retreats tend to be very helpful.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Well Older, with the exception of "loves to shop", I see nothing wrong with wanting a man to be sensitive and kind...

I was visiting with a female bisexual once and she was telling me what she liked about her female lovers and what she liked about her male lovers (not sexually). She said she preferred men because they made her feel more protected and secure.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
someone to shop with??

Men love to shop. Problem is that women want to shop for different things. They just have no desire to be in a hardware store for some reason.

Since last November (wow, it's been nearly a year) I've been keeping track of all the shopping done by me, my husband and my kids. Other than trips to the grocery store and the pharmacy, the majority of the places we've shopped are sporting goods stores (Cabela's, Bass Pro, REI), bicycle shops, and hardware stores (Home Depot and Lowe's). My daughter has learned that a trip to the mall means a trip to the sporting goods store; she refuses to go unless she can also make a trip to the bookstore. The only clothes we've bought have been work clothes for my husband, school uniforms, a prom dress, a homecoming dress, undergarments, and a few pairs of pants and t-shirts for me and my son.

I dislike shopping--always have. In my life's experience, it has been the men who like to shop and spend lots of money. I can't say it holds true of all men, nor can I say that the dislike of shopping holds true for all women.

Just sayin'. That's all.

Cool. I have to admit. Get me in Cabela's or REI or Lowes or any hardware store or even the bicycle shop and I am in heaven.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.