ClubAdventist is back!

Two Interesting Links

phkrause

Ted,

I understand your points. These are the generic points that most people make when I talk about these.

If you are Christian... you are following the reasoning of Christ, and not the world, which is eye for eye. As a Christian, I look at conflicts from humanitarian perspective, and not from "they did that, so we do that". You can never win a war with guns and bullets. Wars are won with ideologies that are supported by guns and bullets.

So, the solution is to understand the ideologies and "whys". Muslim world does teach of America as land of corruption... because they see the entertainment, the music, the Hollywood part of the US.

I think even you can agree that much of American entertainment and products that push it are not of God :). So, I can understand Muslim world to oppose westernization of their countries that swept Europe and far East.

Secondly, let's remember that Muslims don't have military bases in the US. But US has plenty. Whether it is good or bad, I don't really care. All I know that these people don't like being told what to do and how to act... just like governments and people of US would not want to.

But all of the above aside. The numbers I have provided are for the entire country. What does it matter if the government officials are rich? Government officials will be rich in any country and environment. We are talking about humanity here at steak. The amount of de-humanization of Arabs that I see in US is unbelievable. It's people that we are talking about not some political entities that "hate us". I doubt they hate us, but they sure may hate what we do to them and their children. I hope God will forgive us for that.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• carolaa

• there buster

• fccool

Also, for your information, the settlements that were in Gaza were not equally shared by Palestinians and Israeli alike. There are roads to this day that Palestinians are not allowed to travel on.

Your come across as an angry person, regardless of the topic, making it very hard to take your words serious....calm ...cool...collected, could be a better way to non-confrontational dialogue.

cool1

Yu would have to be more specific.

As far as being a angry person,Nope. Generally quite content and happy.

Couple of things I find annoying is those that persist in ignoring what is in front of them and pretending it doesn't exist.

I know that many here see anyone getting angry is a sign of great wrong. That is of course anger from the right. Anger from the left is as it should be.

A condemnation for the evils of those that would use children as suicide bombers was given by Bravus after a clear request.By fccool his reaction was clear. Posting pics that had nothing to do with children suicide bombers,a complete inability to place responsibility for that right where it belongs. What "there buster" posted was the pride and willingness of parents to use their children as a human bomb.

He claimed there was only a couple of suicide bombers that were desperate.Desperate why?? The Jews?

Referred to as propaganda when all should know the Palestinians use human beings as bombs and shields.

They voted and are ruled by terrorists,yet many in the US think we should sit down with these nice folks and reach a compromise.

Compromise to them is the Israeli's dead and Israel wiped of the map.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Bonnie, I don't approve of the bombings, more so than I approve punishing the entire nation for acts of few.

The sad reality is that we are on Adventist board, which claim to be Christian, and you advocate violent solutions that are foreign to Christian thought. We are not judges. God will judge the right and wrongs. We are to value human lives, even the lives of our enemies... we are to value as our own. THE NEIGHBOR in the Bible is not always nice, but we are to love him as we love ourselves.

My solution is not for Israel to just move out... realistically that will not happen, just like Palestinians will not just move out. At this point it does not really matter who's right and who's wrong. It's like two boys fighting and wanting the father to spank the "wrong one", when in reality they are both on the wrong.

The solution is to maintain cease fire, and to improve human condition. You can't unconditionally support one side with any firepower they need, and leave the others to resort to strapping bombs. There should be conditions applied and enforced on both sides, and third party involvement should not favor one side over other.

But, if you leave two boys fighting, while giving one stones and arrows... the other one will hate both you and the boy. What do you expect?

I'd like to know what you think the realistic solution would be outside dissolution of one of the nations?

Quote:
Bonnie, I don't approve of the bombings, more so than I approve punishing the entire nation for acts of few.[/qoute]

The entire nation in any war is punished. You need to check out the logic behind suicide bombers. It is not peace and compromise.

The sad reality is that we are on Adventist board, which claim to be Christian, and you advocate violent solutions that are foreign to Christian thought.

Realizing that violent solutions will be used is not advocating or hoping to see them happen.

Quote:
We are not judges. God will judge the right and wrongs. We are to value human lives, even the lives of our enemies... we are to value as our own. THE NEIGHBOR in the Bible is not always nice, but we are to love him as we love ourselves.

You seem to think you are sharing something with me that I didn't know was there.

Loving your neighbor does not mean you give another family member over to the "not so nice neighbor" as an act of love

Quote:
My solution is not for Israel to just move out... realistically that will not happen, just like Palestinians will not just move out. At this point it does not really matter who's right and who's wrong. It's like two boys fighting and wanting the father to spank the "wrong one", when in reality they are both on the wrong.

But, if you leave two boys fighting, while giving one stones and arrows... the other one will hate both you and the boy. What do you expect?

Your solution is not valid.Maybe the first thing that should happen is that terrorists should be removed. There is not a compromise possible with those that state they want you dead no matter what.

I don't know if you have children but again you are wrong. In reality there are times one is wrong and has pushed the other to protect themselves. No,hate from our children is not what I expected. At times they were allowed to fight it out.

I have four sons and raised my brothers four children. Giving us six boys to raise. Many times there were issues that first the instigator needed to back off and leave the innocent one alone.

Quote:
The solution is to maintain cease fire, and to improve human condition. You can't unconditionally support one side with any firepower they need, and leave the others to resort to strapping bombs. There should be conditions applied and enforced on both sides, and third party involvement should not favor one side over other.

Somehow you seem to think that you can armchair a cease fire into a solution. YOU CANNOT COMPROMISE OR NEGOTIATE WITH A TERRORIST. The cease fire will not stop them.

Yes,I can support Israel's right to exist and be free of suicide bombers from Palestine.

Quote:
I'd like to know what you think the realistic solution would be outside dissolution of one of the nations?

The realistic solution is not up to me or you. One thing that may be considered is to stop saying they want the other side dead and sending suicide bombers. Following your solutions slaves could still have been slaves,we could be speaking German or Japanese.

I don't have a desire for either.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

THE NEIGHBOR in the Bible is not always nice, but we are to love him as we love ourselves.

Luke 10:36,37  -  Your neighbor in the bible is the one who will help you.   I know Jesus said love your enemies, but that does not make them your neighbors.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

• Moderators

YOU CANNOT COMPROMISE OR NEGOTIATE WITH A TERRORIST. The cease fire will not stop them.

Despite what governments say in the media, they do it all the time. Guess what? the US does it too!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: bonnie
YOU CANNOT COMPROMISE OR NEGOTIATE WITH A TERRORIST. The cease fire will not stop them.

Despite what governments say in the media, they do it all the time. Guess what? the US does it too!

I guess then you will show me the incidents of one nation being led by terrorists wanting them all dead ,another led by a free country that is able to negotiate and trust the demands of people that are simply murderer's . The leaders of Palestine want all Israeli's dead.

The leaders of Iran want all Israeli's dead.

There isn't a whole lot terrorists won't to to reach their aims.

Something that would benefit the citizens of Palestine is not their concern.

If so,the enormous amount of aid would have gone directly to the impoverished people. It has not.

People that would use young kids to be suicide bombers are not wellacquainted with honor,integrity and any human kindness or compassion at all. They live and act below the level of an animal

• Moderators

That's why governments end up talking to them and compromising.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: bonnie

That's why governments end up talking to them and compromising.

I guess then you need to show me where similar situation to Israel and Palestine (Hamas)has been successful. Dealing with one side that uses children to achieve their aim

Bonnie,

Terrorists are people who want to be heard. Believe it or not, they breath air, they bleed blood, and they have human values... the are HUMAN. Hitler could have called Ukrainian partisans ... terrorists, because they would sabotaged invasion of Ukraine by means of home brewed explosives.

One thing that is common among most of the "terrorists".

1) They don't like things that certain GOVERNMENTS are doing

2) They have no political voice

3) They resort to violence to be heard

You can't fight terror :). Terror is ideology, and it does not end with a leader or a person. So what if US captures Osama (if he is not dead already), in place of Osama they'll install another one. And round and round it goes. It's like fighting crime and drugs. These are wars that leave much casualties behind without uprooting the causes... The perpetual wars. There are CAUSES to crime. If you look closely, most criminals have several things in common:

1) Inadequate education

2) Messed up childhood and parents

3) Poor choice of friends as result of #1 and #2

4) Most likely grew up and remain in poverty

So, they resort to crime to make a living. You can't fight crime unless you understand what drives it.

The same with terror, I understand that it's incomprehensible for someone like you to think that US would actually cause terror backlashes overseas through its foreign policy, and I don't expect you to understand it. It's hard to see the full picture while looking through the filtered glasses of "my country is #1" or "my country can do no wrong".

You can't have a terrorist without a cause. People don't just strap up because they "hate freedom". I understand Islam ideology, and even most radical of Islam followers don't go on offensive unless they are provoked. So, there's more than meets your eye when it comes to mainstream media coverage. Media just covers what happened, but it seldom gives you in depth analysis as to WHY. You need to ask WHY.

Quote:

Terrorists are people who want to be heard. Believe it or not, they breath air, they bleed blood, and they have human values... the are HUMAN. Hitler could have called Ukrainian partisans ... terrorists, because they would sabotaged invasion of Ukraine by means of home brewed explosives.

Unbelievable. I could not care less what a depraved,vicious,killer as Hitler thought about the time of day. Let alone what he would have called Ukranians. How much better for many when he ceased to breath and bleed.

Quote:
One thing that is common among most of the "terrorists".

1) They don't like things that certain GOVERNMENTS are doing

2) They have no political voice

3) They resort to violence to be heard

Ask most rational people if they care that a terrorist disapproves of the US and the lifestyle here. 2,3 are nothing but the claptrap of other worldly thinking of utopians.

Quote:
You can't fight terror :). Terror is ideology, and it does not end with a leader or a person. So what if US captures Osama (if he is not dead already), in place of Osama they'll install another one. And round and round it goes. It's like fighting crime and drugs. These are wars that leave much casualties behind without uprooting the causes... The perpetual wars.

We should do nothing but sit in a circle and hold hands,gaze into their eyes as the group did with Castro it will all be fixed. By the way when the thug Castro had his political voice heard what did he do with it?

Quote:
There are CAUSES to crime. If you look closely, most criminals have several things in common:

1) Inadequate education

2) Messed up childhood and parents

3) Poor choice of friends as result of #1 and #2

4) Most likely grew up and remain in poverty

So, they resort to crime to make a living. You can't fight crime unless you understand what drives it.

One major reason for crime is finding excuses. Makes one feel ever so righteous.

Excuses are just that and full of bull.

All of the above can and is remedied by those that don't wish to repeat that. If the poverty excuse is valid,every person that came out of the civil war as a former slave had every reason to be some of the most despicable human beings alive as those living thru the depression,the Jews coming out of the holocaust.

My siblings and I are well acquainted with poverty most here have never experienced,we know what it is like to be children and be hungry,to be cold,to be scared,to hide from authorities, to lose family members thru no fault of ours.Parents that for sometime could not function in the role of parents. Very little we could see on the horizon that could be called hope.

Many have had it so much worse and have not turned to crime. Nor did my siblings and I. We made up our mind so far as possible this would not be the life we left our children with.

Quote:
The same with terror, I understand that it's incomprehensible for someone like you to think that US would actually cause terror backlashes overseas through its foreign policy, and I don't expect you to understand it. It's hard to see the full picture while looking through the filtered glasses of "my country is #1" or "my country can do no wrong".

You seem to think that "someone like me" is beyond the intelligence level as those of your elk.I know this will go over your head but Yes,I do think my country is number 1 for a short time yet. If you could practise staying within the guidelines of what has been said it would be helpful. I have never said the US can do no wrong.

Do I care that Hamas and his clones will claim their barbaric hatred and murder is because as a terror backlash"?

No. Cowards and bullies always blame someone else for their cruelty.

To rational people terrorists should not be allowed to dictate policy of another country.

Quote:
You can't have a terrorist without a cause. People don't just strap up because they "hate freedom". I understand Islam ideology, and even most radical of Islam followers don't go on offensive unless they are provoked. So, there's more than meets your eye when it comes to mainstream media coverage. Media just covers what happened, but it seldom gives you in depth analysis as to WHY. You need to ask WHY.

No,I do not need to ask why a bunch of people from another country will wipe out thousands of innocent people.

As to this....most radical of Islam followers don't go on offensive unless they are provoked.

The poor dears,all those in the twin towers provoking them.

If Israel would just cease to exist and spare them the trouble they wouldn't need suicide bombers.

I really don't care how well you claim to understand Isam. That is no excuse for terrorists to behave beneath the level of an animal. Nor is there enough time and space for you to excuse the type of mother that was "proud of the 3 human bombs" she raised.

• Members

Just to add to this Ted.

"Really? Lesser citizens that have held offices in the Knesset, built successful businesses, and know that the factions you speak of are so small as to not constitute a threat to the main society?"

I worked for a Printing Company that used equipment that was made in Israel. So when we had problems with the equipment they sent people from this company to fix them. Well they had Israeli's and Palestinians working together. I asked them how come they got along so well, yet we keep hearing about how they hated each other. They both said that Palestinians and Israeli's live together, side by side, in many cities in Israel with no problem. Its only where the palestinians allow hamas and hezbollah to rule that there is this problem. They also said that there are many palestinians in government in Israel.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

It comes back to explanations, though. fccool has been asking the question: 'WHY terror tactics?' Asking that is not condoning them.

Here are some options:

1. Arabs are inherently evil

2. Arabs have irrational hatreds

3. Arabs have a toxic culture

4. Arabs consistently make bad choices, against their own interests

5. Arabs have some legitimate grievances and issues but choose the wrong responses

6. Arabs are human like the rest of us and respond as we would were we in the same situation

7. Arabs and Israelis have exactly the same goals and beliefs in regard to one another, but military superiority somehow bestows moral superiority: a missile from an aeroplane or helicopter is more moral than a carbomb

8. Other explanations of your choice

I think the concern is that, while probably there is some contribution from many things on this list (except the first, which is blatantly false and racist), different people emphasise different things... and some emphasise those that most dehumanise those they dislike or disagree with.

Truth is important

Quote:
You need to ask WHY.

OK. WHY? Why did the Nazis kill so many Jews?

And they would tell you, "Because the Jews 'stabbed us in the back, made us lose WWI,' and because they have profited unfairly off of us. They have oppressed us." Among many other grievances.

Some really believed that. So, given your approach, their sincere beliefs excuse their monstrous behavior.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Hitler could have called Ukrainian partisans ... terrorists, because they would sabotaged invasion of Ukraine by means of home brewed explosives.

Excellent point. That is not much different from what the Palestinians are doing, trying to protect and defend their land.

Exactly! Too often we don't care to know the why, thinking that is only making excuses for the bad behavior of others, when in reality, by not caring to know the why, we are making excuses for our own bad behavior.

I would really be curious for fccool who claims to understand Islam and the Islam extremists to explain why they keep coming to our country.

There should be nothing about the US that they want any part of.

Other than to kill us of course.

They take our benefits,welfare is readily available,they take advantage of our medical aid,our housing subsidies,our educational facilities.

Explain the mindset that would like us dead that will stand with a hand out and take and take from those they hate

Quote:

Excellent point. That is not much different from what the Palestinians are doing, trying to protect and defend their land.

Exactly! Too often we don't care to know the why, thinking that is only making excuses for the bad behavior of others, when in reality, by not caring to know the why, we are making excuses for our own bad behavior.

There is no excuse for those that fight in such a cowardly manner.

Israel says that they are protecting their land. Maybe to be viewed as Palestines are. Stop being productive,start blowing up your young people as a human bomb,start hiding behind women and children and they could be admired and defended by those that want to "understand" murdering,vicious thugs

Any country ruled by terrorist is never successful and productive in the country they rule.

With the enormous aid they have received had it been put to the use of improving their lot in life instead of weapons and ammunition they would not have so much to kill over.

No terrorists don't need to be understood. To understand and compromise with terrorists is making terrorism a legitimate political group.

We should do nothing but sit in a circle and hold hands,gaze into their eyes as the group did with Castro it will all be fixed. By the way when the thug Castro had his political voice heard what did he do with it?

That - or we could act like thugs ourselves.

To rational people terrorists should not be allowed to dictate policy of another country.

So what should they do to defend their land? Sit in a circle with the invaders and look into their eyes?

• Members

1-I disagree

2-I disagree

3-I disagree

4-I agree, especially the Palestinians

5-I agree, but only as pertains to the Palestinians. The other Arab countries have no legitimate grievances

6-I definitely agree that Arabs are human as every other person on the face of the is. And I agree that the "Israelis" have every right to respond to anybody trying to annilate them from the face of the earth.

7-I do not believe that they have the same goals, the Israelis want to live in peace and the arabs want Jews eradicated from the earth.

8-I don't think that there are any explanations for what has happen to the Jews for the past 3500 years. They have been the most persecuted people on the face of the earth.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

There is no excuse for those that fight in such a cowardly manner.

Israel says that they are protecting their land. Maybe to be viewed as Palestines are. Stop being productive,start blowing up your young people as a human bomb,start hiding behind women and children and they could be admired and defended by those that want to "understand" murdering,vicious thugs

Any country ruled by terrorist is never successful and productive in the country they rule.

With the enormous aid they have received had it been put to the use of improving their lot in life instead of weapons and ammunition they would not have so much to kill over.

No terrorists don't need to be understood. To understand and compromise with terrorists is making terrorism a legitimate political group.

Improve their lot in life? How can they possibly do that when they are living in a cage, not able to come and go freely on their own land? It doesn't matter what they do - Israel will keep expanding until they are pushed completely out. They have nothing to lose, so they might as well go down fighting.

What "enormous aid" are you talking about?

This isn't so much about understanding terrorists, but rather understanding how it came about that these people were desperate enough to elect terrorists to be in charge.

fccool,

Quote:
I understand your points. These are the generic points that most people make when I talk about these.

Actually, these are more than generic points - they are inconvenient facts that get conveniently swept aside in the rush to vilify the US and Israel. The conversation usually goes, "Yes, but..." - as your reply seems to also do.

Quote:
If you are Christian... you are following the reasoning of Christ, and not the world, which is eye for eye. As a Christian, I look at conflicts from humanitarian perspective, and not from "they did that, so we do that". You can never win a war with guns and bullets. Wars are won with ideologies that are supported by guns and bullets.

If... Reminds me of a certain other question of identity in Matthew 4....

What I gather you to be saying is that IF I am a Christian according to the perspective you desire to frame Christianity in, then I should naturally see these things the way you do; building your argument upon such a fatally flawed premise is empty from the start. Even though we both profess the Lord Jesus, it is quite evident there is a large difference in perception and opinion on this particular issue.

While I agree with the statement that ideologies back by stength of arms do win wars, naive ideologies backed only by compromising and appeasing rhetoric will lose every time.

The idea I am looking at the situation from a simplistic "they did that, so we do this" perspective, you, again, would be wrong. It is far more complex than that.

What I do see is a very unjustified "piling on" upon the nation of Israel for doing what any nation has a right to - be secure within its borders. Every Arab country refuses to grant this of Israel, and much of the world condemns every act Israel does to protect its own citizens. It has been this way ever since 1948. If those who would condemn Israel will first hold the Arab world to the accords they agreed to (meaning every act of terrorism and agression will NOT be looked upon with sympathy), then I would think Israel would be the first to the table to discuss things.

However, this basic Biblical concept - that it is God who establishes nations and sets borders - gets brushed aside.

Quote:
So, the solution is to understand the ideologies and "whys". Muslim world does teach of America as land of corruption... because they see the entertainment, the music, the Hollywood part of the US.

I think even you can agree that much of American entertainment and products that push it are not of God :). So, I can understand Muslim world to oppose westernization of their countries that swept Europe and far East.

Again, a bit simplistic.

The Muslim hatred toward the US (as a nation) began long before there was a Hollywood.

It began when Thomas Jefferson refuse to do the appeasing thing, and allow the Muslim pirates along the Mediterranean coast of Africa to plunder US ships and take US citizens as slaves. President Jefferson sent the Marines in, onto Holy Muslim soil, to retrieve our citizens and make in known in no uncertain terms America would not tolerate such high-handed and barbaric behavior from any nation.

The act of protecting our own is what earned us enemy status with the Arab ever since.

Neither did they appreciate our presence in North Africa during WWII, as we helped sweep the German forces from that continent.

Their concerns about Hollywood are well-founded, but are only a recent reason. That their culture is falling back from a simple pervasiveness of Western culture is perhaps poetic justice for the centuries of armed agression and complete destruction of every culture Islam has conquered - not that I am content with the thought. I can simply understand that the Muslim should understand how they swept west for centuries over Christian and Jewish lands would inevitably bring such a day of reckoning back upon themselves...but they don't. The West has no such right, in their mind.

That we are the strongest CHRISTIAN power in the West, coupled with the US' continual support for the nation of Israel since the 60's, are more truthful reasons.

Quote:
Secondly, let's remember that Muslims don't have military bases in the US. But US has plenty. Whether it is good or bad, I don't really care. All I know that these people don't like being told what to do and how to act... just like governments and people of US would not want to.

This statement tells me volumes. I've heard it many times, and it always carries with it the implicit premise that the US presence is a conquering, emperial power - whether or not intended by the speaker.

While the US does have it share of dirty laundry, establishing military bases since the 1940's around the world as an act of world conquest is not one of them.

The US has military bases worldwide not to tell people what to do, but because so many nations either will not (Europe, Saudi Arabia, and others), or can not (Europe - again, Kuwait, Iraq, and others) defend themselves from their enemies.

We had a base in Saudi Arabia, by their invite because of Iraq's aggression in the 1990's. They didn't want to be seen fighting another Arab country, so we had to do their dirty work. When asked to leave, we dismantled our base and left.

Likewise with the Philippines. As the Cold War ended, that country saw no need for our further presence. The US didn't repeat the same mistake it did 100 years earlier, and force ourselves there, against their will - instead, we dismantled the base and left.

Likewise Panama.

Quote:
The amount of de-humanization of Arabs that I see in US is unbelievable

I live not even 500 yds away from the local mosque in this city.

These Arabs are hardly "dehumanized". They enjoy, in some respects, more rights and favor than many local Christians do.

Perhaps that is but a situation unique to my city - but I tend to think otherwise.

Quote:
It's people that we are talking about not some political entities that "hate us". I doubt they hate us, but they sure may hate what we do to them and their children. I hope God will forgive us for that.

Yes, it is people we are talking about - because their clerics, sultans, caliphs, et. al., have been preaching the Christian and Jew as infidels worthy only of death or dhimmi status for the last 1300 years, long before the Americas were "found" by the Europeans.

We are talking of a people who know what they are doing - and it is to project their religion and their culture globally, to the expense of every other nation and culture on earth.

Meanwhile, much of Christendom is busy giving itself a self-inflicted neutering, as it has left the only ideology worth taking worldwide.

Interesting, though...do you really believe the Great Commission in the Gospels? Do you not realize that for the Great Commission to succeed as Christ intends, the Muslim nations must be necessarily aggrieved, and claim "dehumanization" according to their perspective? Because it isn't Islam?

Rolling on for now...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Quote:

That - or we could act like thugs ourselves.

I know there are those that are all for allowing terrorists to commit whatever atrocity they choose while we sit around and figure out why. If that is what you call the US protecting our country is called "acting like thugs" or if Israel's defense of it's country is viewed that way so be it. Just so we don't sink to the animalistic behavior of strapping bombs to uour young people.

When our young people join the service it is voluntary

Quote:

So what should they do to defend their land? Sit in a circle with the invaders and look into their eyes?

First thing they should not do and I would think that any SDA could agree,DON"T BLOW UP YOUR CHILDREN.

There is a statement earlier in this thread that quotes a mother,a proud one at that. She was proud of the human bombs she had provided.

If this is such an act of honor I would have thought any good mother would lead the way. Let her children witness her blowing herself up.

Not allow your country to be ruled by terrorists. I can flat out guarantee you that the "leaders" are not living in the squalor they are causing.

Quote:

Improve their lot in life? How can they possibly do that when they are living in a cage, not able to come and go freely on their own land? It doesn't matter what they do - Israel will keep expanding until they are pushed completely out. They have nothing to lose, so they might as well go down fighting.

What "enormous aid" are you talking about?

This isn't so much about understanding terrorists, but rather understanding how it came about that these people were desperate enough to elect terrorists to be in charge.

Look up the aid they have received over the past few years.

For starters the aid could be put to better use but of course they never see the aid.

They can quit blowing up their children.

They can quit breaking the cease fires

They could have accepted the two state solutions

They can quit with the goal of destroying Israel and killing all citizens