ClubAdventist is back!

Is destruction inevitable by a loving Creator?

LifeHiscost

I appreciate the points being made by both sides, whether I agree or not, but really, really dislike the personal attacks, regardless of which "side" makes them. If we're Christians, we should be able to discuss issues while treating others with respect. One of the strongest arguments as to whether or not we have the truth is how we treat those with whom we disagree.

Christ exalted the character of God, attributing to him the praise, and giving to him the credit, of the whole purpose of his own mission on earth,--to set men right through the revelation of God.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skyblue888

• Twilight

• LifeHiscost

I agree with you. I wish that more would realize that.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
"Thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things." Romans 2:1. Thus those who condemn or criticize others, proclaim themselves guilty, for they do the same things. In condemning others, they are passing sentence upon themselves, and God declares that this sentence is just. He accepts their own verdict against themselves. (MB 124)

In lieu of these principles, we should be very careful in our treatment of others.

Quote:
"Judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts." 1 Corinthians 4:5. We cannot read the heart. Ourselves faulty, we are not qualified to sit in judgment upon others. Finite men can judge only from outward appearance. To Him alone who knows the secret springs of action, and who deals tenderly and compassionately, is it given to decide the case of every soul.(ibid)

If you think someone is saying something wrong, of course you're right to take issue with that, but treating that person with respect.

Quote:
Not until you feel that you could sacrifice your own self-dignity, and even lay down your life in order to save an erring brother, have you cast the beam out of your own eye so that you are prepared to help your brother. Then you can approach him and touch his heart. No one has ever been reclaimed from a wrong position by censure and reproach; but many have thus been driven from Christ and led to seal their hearts against conviction. A tender spirit, a gentle, winning deportment, may save the erring and hide a multitude of sins. The revelation of Christ in your own character will have a transforming power upon all with whom you come in contact. Let Christ be daily made manifest in you, and He will reveal through you the creative energy of How word--a gentle, persuasive, yet mighty influence to re-create other souls in the beauty of the Lord our God. (MB 128, 129)

Christ exalted the character of God, attributing to him the praise, and giving to him the credit, of the whole purpose of his own mission on earth,--to set men right through the revelation of God.

Quote:
If you think someone is saying something wrong, of course you're right to take issue with that, but treating that person with respect.

Do you really?

Take issue with it in your own personal heart ... yes.

Pray for them and with them ... yes.

Witness by your life and testimony ... yes.

But taking the work of the Holy Spirit on your shoulders ... I think not.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

saywasaywasaywa

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

saywasaywasaywasaywa

Richard ... I have to inform you that you are not eligible to vote. You have already voted. This is called ballot stuffing. Shame on you.

I believe in Hematology.

Could it be that Richard is accepting 'light' and you are not? Just askin'. I was just wondering if it could possibly work one way ... could it work BOTH ways?

If both ways are found in the Scriptures and can be seen to be consistent one with the other, then what we believe is probably the Truth in verity. However if we need to dispense with one to understand the other, most likely we don't understand either.

"If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand." Mark 3:24 NKJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

One of the strongest arguments as to whether or not we have the truth is how we treat those with whom we disagree.

"By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”"John 13:35 NKJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
One of the strongest arguments as to whether or not we have the truth is how we treat those with whom we disagree.

I disagree. You can be the nicest person in the world, and believe a total and complete lie. Truth is not determined by how nice a person is.

Quote:

I disagree. You can be the nicest person in the world, and believe a total and complete lie. Truth is not determined by how nice a person is.

That isn't my quote above, Richard. This is what I posted___

"By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”"John 13:35 NKJV

If I fulfill, by the grace of God to be sure, those principles, and I have been telling the Truth, the one I wish to come around to my position has the greatest likelihood of doing just that.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."Isaiah 55:11 KJV

As one with wisdom once said, "They don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Yes Life, I know who posted it. I just didn't use his name. :)

I figured you did, but I just didn't want anybody else to get confused. I think that goes under the title, PRIDE. yucky

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!