ClubAdventist is back!

Michael Jackson Dies

Dr. Shane

I think my favorite song of his was Man In The Mirror.

I'm Gonna Make A Change,

For Once In My Life

It's Gonna Feel Real Good,

Gonna Make A Difference

Gonna Make It Right . . .

As I, Turn Up The Collar On My

Favourite Winter Coat

This Wind Is Blowin' My Mind

I See The Kids In The Street,

With Not Enough To Eat

Who Am I, To Be Blind?

Pretending Not To See

Their Needs

A Summer's Disregard,

A Broken Bottle Top

And A One Man's Soul

They Follow Each Other On

The Wind Ya' Know

'Cause They Got Nowhere

To Go

That's Why I Want You To

Know

I'm Starting With The Man In

The Mirror

I'm Asking Him To Change

His Ways

And No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

If You Wanna Make The World

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Take A Look At Yourself, And

Then Make A Change

(Take A Look At Yourself, And

Then Make A Change)

(Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na,

Na Nah)

I've Been A Victim Of A Selfish

Kind Of Love

It's Time That I Realize

That There Are Some With No

Home, Not A Nickel To Loan

Could It Be Really Me,

Pretending That They're Not

Alone?

A Willow Deeply Scarred,

Somebody's Broken Heart

And A Washed-Out Dream

(Washed-Out Dream)

They Follow The Pattern Of

The Wind, Ya' See

Cause They Got No Place

To Be

That's Why I'm Starting With

Me

(Starting With Me!)

The Mirror

(Ooh!)

I'm Asking Him To Change

His Ways

(Ooh!)

And No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Take A Look At Yourself And

Then Make A Change

(Take A Look At Yourself And

Then Make A Change)

The Mirror

(Ooh!)

I'm Asking Him To Change His

Ways

(Change His Ways-Ooh!)

And No Message Could've

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make That . . .

Then Make That . . .)

Change!

The Mirror,

(Man In The Mirror-Oh

Yeah!)

I'm Asking Him To Change

His Ways

(Better Change!)

No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make The Change)

(You Gotta Get It Right, While

You Got The Time)

('Cause When You Close Your

Heart)

You Can't Close Your . . .Your

Mind!

(Then You Close Your . . .

Mind!)

That Man, That Man, That

Man, That Man

With That Man In The Mirror

(Man In The Mirror, Oh Yeah!)

That Man, That Man, That Man

I'm Asking Him To Change

His Ways

(Better Change!)

You Know . . .That Man

No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make A Change

Then Make A Change)

Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na,

Na Nah

(Oh Yeah!)

Gonna Feel Real Good Now!

Yeah Yeah! Yeah Yeah!

Yeah Yeah!

Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na,

Na Nah

(Ooooh . . .)

Oh No, No No . . .

I'm Gonna Make A Change

It's Gonna Feel Real Good!

Come On!

(Change . . .)

Just Lift Yourself

You Know

You've Got To Stop It.

Yourself!

(Yeah!-Make That Change!)

I've Got To Make That Change,

Today!

Hoo!

(Man In The Mirror)

You Got To

You Got To Not Let Yourself . . .

Brother . . .

Hoo!

(Yeah!-Make That Change!)

You Know-I've Got To Get

That Man, That Man . . .

(Man In The Mirror)

You've Got To

You've Got To Move! Come

On! Come On!

You Got To . . .

Stand Up! Stand Up!

Stand Up!

(Yeah-Make That Change)

Stand Up And Lift

Yourself, Now!

(Man In The Mirror)

Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

Aaow!

(Yeah-Make That Change)

Gonna Make That Change . . .

Come On!

(Man In The Mirror)

You Know It!

You Know It!

You Know It!

You Know . . .

(Change . . .)

Make That Change.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

He was such an intriguing person...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Wow. I am still shocked. I grew up listening to Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five. He was a true american icon. I presumed he'd be here forever.

DB

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

I expect that the autopsy will reveal that Jackson died of painkiller overdose. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

The 911 tapes indicate that MJ was still in bed when the call was made. THEY had to instruct them to get him on the floor and start CPR. Not sure what the doctor was doing. But from what I can gather from New Reports .... the doctor did CPR while he was in a bed which is the most stupid thing I have heard of yet. Who knows with these early reports.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

How about praying for him? How about being baptized for him as found in 1st Cor. 15:29 Is this what we should do for those who have died in sin so that they will be saved? If what Paul said here is the word of God, then shouldn't we be baptized for the sins of the dead? Is this where the Mormons got this idea from?

Exactly! But Paul did NOT say it was useless to be baptized for the dead--here is the quote:

1 Cor. 15:29 "Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raized as all, why are people baptized for them?"

Clearly Paul taught that there was a resurrection-right? Then IF the dead are resurrected, (like he taught), then he is confirming that being baptized for the dead is the right thing to do (because there is a resurrection for the dead.)

Of course, it is my opinion that Paul is a false apostle. But you can believe any way you want. After all it's your life.

dgrimm60, you should read my posts and you would see. Rev. 2:2 Can you name me the apostles that called themselves apostles who have now been put to a test and found to be false? The test is found in John 14:26 and 17:20-22. I am still studying all of this, but at this time I have chosen to pay attention to the words of Jesus given to us only by His eyewitnesses. Look at Col. 1:24, 1st Cor. 15:29, Rom. 10:4, all of Romans 13 for starters. Why, do you allow women to speak in your church? Why if Paul's words are from God?

Maybe this discussion should be taken to the What Seventh-day Adventists Believe forum. Feel free to start a new thread there.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• 2 weeks later...

From the Frederick News Post, Frederick, Maryland

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?StoryID=92350

Quote:
More than a billion people worldwide were expected to watch Michael Jackson's memorial service Tuesday.

Closer to home, people weren't shy about articulating their views about the music icon -- positive and not so positive.

Valerie Kemper, 19, a hostess at The Greene Turtle restaurant in downtown Frederick , doesn't believe that too much media coverage is being given to Jackson's death.

"I think he was a big deal. He was the King of Pop, and he had such an impact on music. It's good that they're playing his music and videos," Kemper said. "But I think he had a lot of childhood problems. I feel like his dad treated him more like a worker than a child. He was more concerned with him being a moneymaker, which added to his problems later in life."

Jackson is absolutely getting too much media coverage, said Andrew Zaruba, sipping a beer at Wags restaurant.

Zaruba said he plays a little guitar and he's learned to play some of the Jackson 5's earlier songs.

"I understand he's an icon and whatnot, but it's been 12 days already," Zaruba said. "This shouldn't be taking too much precedence. There are much bigger things to be concerned about, like North Korea and Iran."

Karen Medley, a waitress at Wags, said, "Michael Jackson is not firing missiles at us at the end of the day."

Jackson's death is a tremendous loss, said the Rev. Luke Robinson, pastor of Quinn Chapel A.M.E. Church.

"One thing's for sure is that he's a tremendous entertainer. You can't take that away from him," Robinson said. "I pretty much grew up with Michael Jackson, even though I'm older, but I don't think he showed Christian principles. The Christian church is more than entertainment."

Jackson had a lot of talent, but he wasn't a catalyst for positive change as far as Christian principles in the way he lived his life, Robinson said.

"I'm hoping and praying that it is well with his soul and that he's in a better place with the Lord," Robinson said. "Here's a man who made $1.4 billion on one record, 'Thriller,' and died broke. Some things were out of order. He did not bring forth all that he could."

People tend to forget the whole story of a person's life when they die, the pastor said. The Jackson family has a record of infighting since the entertainer was very young, he said.

When people mess up in their lives, they sometimes overcome and correct certain things. Jackson didn't, Robinson said.

"And whether true or not, I think he set himself up for child molestation charges. But I truly pray that it is well with his soul," Robinson said.

Jackson was acquitted of child molestation charges in 2005.

Rocky Twyman, organizer of the Frederick /DC Tribute to Michael Jackson Crusade, disagreed with those who had unkind words for the pop star.

Jackson met with national and international leaders to try to use his influence and wealth to make the world a better place, supported charitable work in the community on behalf of people with AIDS, fed millions of starving children in Africa through his Live-Aid concerts and donated money to Oakwood College, a historically black Seventh-day Adventist school in Huntsville, Ala.

"Jackson supported at least 39 charities during his lifetime," Twyman said. "We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. We call on America to emulate Jackson's strong emphasis on community service and urge the often self-righteous public to show a spirit of forgiveness for the many individuals who have fallen from grace."

Randy Jones owns Cafe 611 restaurant with his wife, Karen.

Plans to make the restaurant available to the public to watch the memorial service on TV didn't pan out, he said. Their schedule got in the way.

But Jones said Jackson's life is reason for celebration.

"Anytime we get an opportunity to celebrate anyone, not just Michael, is good," Jones said. "We have a lot of economic heartaches to deal with right now. Look at Chrysler and General Motors. So any opportunity for celebration is great, and Michael Jackson certainly deserves all the attention he's getting."

• Members

I didn't either. I know nothing about funerals that excite's me to want to watch. I don't like going to them, I should watch.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}