ClubAdventist is back!

Palin Running for President?

May be true. America might be stupid but they aren't stupid enough to have voted Michael into office.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• lazarus

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

May be true. America may be stupid but they aren't stupid enough to have voted Michael into office.

Don't know about that,one can only hope. But congress is considering a resolution honoring Michael Jackson. Sheila Jackson Lee thinks it is a great idea.

Bankrupt California is asking for donations to help cover the 4 million dollar price tag for the services today. Let the Jackson family foot the bill for the circus they provided

Jackson was undoubtedly a lonely,sick, and terribly disturbed human being. I believe the man was a pedophile. Any man that sleeps with young boys and calls it charming and loving has got some serious,serious problems.

The process is under way now to make him a saint.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Shelia Jackson Lee is an Adventist congresswoman from Texas. So be careful now. I don't like folks messing with other Adventists or other Texans. I might get a bit defensive.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Being Adventist is no protection if ye b a Demo.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Shelia Jackson Lee is an Adventist congresswoman from Texas. So be careful now. I don't like folks messing with other Adventists or other Texans. I might get a bit defensive.

Go for it. It is a ludicrous suggestion. Michael Jackson was a man with musical talent,but truly a man to be pitied not revered.

A black man that did all he could to be white. One of the last pictures of him I saw he looked as white as I am. He pays white women to "incubate" children for him. He freely admitted to sleeping with young boys.

If this is a man to have a congresswoman wanting a resolution to honor him she has some screws loose.

The drooling hero worship of this man says far more about the mindset of those fawning all over his "memory" than it does about Michael Jackson.

While I do think he had a multitude of problems and do pity him,ultimately the way he lived his life was up to him.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I have to admit that Shelia Jackson Lee is more deserving of our honor than Micheal Jackson.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: lazarus

jesse-ventura1.jpg

OTOH he doesn't look any freakier than Michael Jackson' date='being revered in death. [/quote']

?????

What does MJ have to with it. Such bile!!!!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: bonnie

OTOH he doesn't look any freakier than Michael Jackson' date='being revered in death. [/quote']

?????

What does MJ have to with it.

Actually not a whole lot except today seems to be the day to honor someone that is as freaky as you would like to point out Jessie was. Jessie was freaky in a lot of ways.I didn't vote for him but credit where credit is due.He had some common sense in area's that are sadly lacking by most.

The picture you are showing is when he was part of the wrestling idiocy. In that setting Jessie probably wasn't considered that freaky by those that got into that whole bizarre wrestling thing.

He was a little more sedate as governor but still had his moments where he behaved like a spoiled two year old. Without that and his enormous ego he might have gone on

I have to admit that Shelia Jackson Lee is more deserving of our honor than Micheal Jackson.

Each to their own. SDA or not she does not inspire me all that much.

I would question her judgement big time after coming out with that cockeyed idea.

Michael Jackson is or was a sad pathetic man. Let the family bury their dead and quit trying to make him this paragon of virture worthy of a congressional resolution.

I don't recall any such suggestion when Mother Theresa died. She was deserving of something like that.

The idolization of pop stars and movie stars and this almost canonization of them,regardless of how they have lived their lives says volumnes about the priorities in their own lives

• Moderators
jesseventura222.jpg

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Actually not a whole lot except today seems to be the day to honor someone that is as freaky as you would like to point out Jessie was.

Well they're honoring him today because its the day of his memorial!!!!!!!

It happens all the time all over the world. Bad people have nice things said about them. People try to focus on the good not the bad. It's the gracious thing to do.

Einstein

jesseventura222.jpg

Not quite sure what you are trying to prove with pictures of Jessie. I didn't vote for him and had he stayed in office I would have had a hard time voting for him his second time around

He was not a very likable person as far as I was concerned. He was a tantrum throwing child at times and always in love with Jessie.

That does not take away that he had a great deal of common sense in area's that appealed to many. Many feeling just as I did.

I am sure there are a great many more pictures you can find of Jessie. If it interests you keep posting.

It apparently is something that you think bothers me or you are trying to prove a point. Not sure which but you could probably entertain yourself for days.

His wrestling career,his term as mayor of Brooklyn Park,his term as governor should provide all you need.

Actually not a whole lot except today seems to be the day to honor someone that is as freaky as you would like to point out Jessie was.

Well they're honoring him today because its the day of his memorial!!!!!!!

It happens all the time all over the world. Bad people have nice things said about them. People try to focus on the good not the bad. It's the gracious thing to do.

Trying to focus on the good is a far cry from what has taken place today. Even a suggestion of a congressional resolution.

Maybe some good things about some very good people when they die

would be at least as appropriate and carry such media attention but you actually rarely see what took place today

• Moderators
venturakinky.jpg

Einstein

venturakinky.jpg

You really must be bored or incapable of finding something worthwhile that interests you. LOL

Was there something about the word freaky you failed to grasp?

To bad I don't know how to get a hold of him. He would love the attention you seem obessessed with giving him. You could probably find better ones

• Moderators

One other thought about Alaska that just about everyone in the tradmed seems to be missing. Sarah Palin did have a job in between being mayor of Wasilla and Alaska Governor: she was chair of Frank Murkowski's Oil and Gas Commission. How long was she on this Commission? Less than a year... until she quit in January 2004 with a big public huff (leaving the Commission in the lurch with only one member), saying "the experience was taking the 'oomph' out of her passion for government service and she decided to quit rather than becoming bitter." She publicly cited her frustration with being unable to be all straight-talky and mavericky about the corruption and backbiting on the Commission, but the resignation also came at a very convenient time for switching over to lay the groundwork for her successful 2006 gubernatorial run.

http://www.swingstateproject.com/diary/5222/ssp-daily-digest-76

Einstein

• Moderators

For 500 pts. Who said this about Mrs Palin?

“I can tell you, after two years of being governor, you still don’t always fully understand being governor. And now she’s going to be a heartbeat away from a man who already had cancer, and he’s 73 years old.

“I mean, realistically, John McCain could drop dead a week into office. She would then be the top person in the world. Is she prepared for that? I don’t believe so, having been a governor. After not even serving two years as governor, I was not prepared to be president.”

Einstein

For 500 pts. Who said this about Mrs Palin?

“I can tell you, after two years of being governor, you still don’t always fully understand being governor. And now she’s going to be a heartbeat away from a man who already had cancer, and he’s 73 years old.

“I mean, realistically, John McCain could drop dead a week into office. She would then be the top person in the world. Is she prepared for that? I don’t believe so, having been a governor. After not even serving two years as governor, I was not prepared to be president.”

I am not interested in your points and could not care less who said it.

Just think,something unforseen could happen to Obama and we would have Biden as the top person in the world.

That is about as scary as it gets.

Being a active senator for something like 158 days would certainly not have prepared Obama for president. That is far less than serving as governor for two years

• Moderators

I'm sorry you don't get any points for geniality. In fact the above quote cost you 650!!! You owe me 150 points!

Einstein

Sarah Palin quit the Oil and Gas Commission because she got fed up with the corrupt Alaskan Republican Party. She then took them on and won the governor's office. That is commendable.

The more we learn about her resigning as governor the more commendable that looks too. Does anyone remember anything that Bill Clinton accomplished during the Monica Lewinsky scandal? No. Of course not. In fact, if it hadn't been for the Lewinsky scandal Clinton may have saved Social Security. That is what he was working on at the time. But everything was put on hold to fight off the scandal. Well, that is all Palin has been doing since last fall. She has had 15 ethics complaints filed against her since last fall. She has successfully defended herself against 14 of them at the cost of $500,000 to her personally and $2 million to the state of Alaska. The 15th complaint was just filed yesterday. There is little doubt that she will successfully defend herself against that one too. Get the picture? All she has done since last fall is fight off ethics complaints and if she stays on for the rest of her term, all she will do is fight off more ethics complaints.

• Moderators

I would agree that things have been tough for Mrs Palin but the hallmark of good leadership is the ability to exhibit perseverance in the tough times. Her sharp rhetoric and leadership style has opened her up to personal attacks. Her mantra was ethics reform but then she has been shown to be less than ethical. They that live by the sword....

Einstein

She has not been shown to be less ethical. Quite to the contrary. She has been vindicated from every ethics accusation. She is a modern day Danial! Her enemies rail against her and come up with nothing.

She can persevere the attacks. That isn't the issue. The question she had to ask herself is what would be the point of doing so? Why stay in office if she isn't going to accomplish anything for the people of Alaska? If all she is going to do is fight off frivolous ethics charges, what is the point?

The fact is that Sarah Palin resigning shows character. It is commendable. If those that disagree with her ideologically cannot admit that they need to do a bit of self-examination. Does ideology blind us to the abuse being perpetrated on those we disagree with? God help me if I ever fail to be sympathetic to those I disagree with ideologically when they are unfairly targeted and attacked.

Her sharp rhetoric and leadership style has opened her up to personal attacks.

I heard she dresses like a slutty flight attendant.

• Moderators

She has not been shown to be less ethical. Quite to the contrary. She has been vindicated from every ethics accusation. She is a modern day Danial! Her enemies rail against her and come up with nothing.

On the contrary! Comparing her to Daniel is stretching it.

Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor and violated state ethics law by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is under investigation for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is under investigation for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/palin.investigation/index.html

Quote:
The fact is that Sarah Palin resigning shows character. It is commendable.

Character is more than sharp rhetoric and a bubbly personality. Someone of good character displays persistence, high ethical standards, discipline (the ability to complete a task even they dont feel like it), follow through, integrity (words and actions align).

I'm definitely sympathetic to her plight. I think things have been tough for her. I also believe she is out of her depth. She had done the best thing for her family and herself.

Einstein

I'm sorry you don't get any points for geniality. In fact the above quote cost you 650!!! You owe me 150 points!

Nope,I don't owe you anything.