ClubAdventist is back!

Jig Saw Puzzle?

Stan

Ever notice that so many present eternal life as a jig saw puzzle? If you get all the right pieces in the right places.. you get to go to Heaven?

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Even in Townhall if you get all the pieces in the right places ... you just might be deemed acceptable. Just depends upon who you know.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Actually Oldsailor29 this is not the "townhall" per se, this is the other townhall thread, but I think you really knew that. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Actually .... this is one of the subspecies of Townhall. If you look it up you will find it under 'townhall'. It says "Townhall- Original thoughts. But then I admit that none of this is original. You'all know it anyways.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• 2 months later...

I had an original religious thought and don't know if I should put it here.

What difference does it make if we think Jesus is coming really really really soon or not.

The original thought goes along the line that what we look for is eternal life and whether we are alive or not our actions and heart would be the same if we knew we would die tonight or if Jesus were to come next week or if it would be 2030.

• Administrators

I just saw this. Pretty good thought!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Well, all of them really but I'm still thinking about the first one.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

And it seems some present the picture as a thousand piece single color puzzle...

I think I'll go with Jesus' children's version... "Be child-like..."

Remember those children's puzzles with only a couple pieces, that were so obvious and simple?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• 1 month later...

Our lives and destinations are often referred to as tapestries and we can't see the front until the last thread is in place - which could equate to a jigsaw puzzle.

I am a jigsaw puzzle "freak" and have spent many hours hovering over a puzzle late into the night. Sometimes I get the thought that I am hurting my destination chances putting so much time into puzzles instead of preparing for the parousia.

Then I tell myself, I have to keep my mind exercised to be able to serve God as I should. That has always worked to this day!!!!!